Proposal: Trade/FA Thread Offseason Edition Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
every player progresses differently. No use in seeing him as something he's not.

He has the tools to be a top 6 center. He also has a lot of tools that would make him a good bottom 6. But I’d rather see sooner rather then later what we really have. I don’t see us as being very competitive next season given how strong the Atlantic is so it would be a good year to start increasing his usage and playing him with the more skilled players on the team as much as possible.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Virtanen, DeAngelo, Kassian and the return of Chucky. The CHaracter package :sarcasm:

Jokes aside Martinez would make sense if Weber was still here. Better to rebuild unless Berge lands Hamilton.

Reactions: iamtalbot

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

4-years on a 35+ contract...
upload_2021-7-26_13-5-20.gif

iamtalbot

Oct 18, 2007
This is going to be KK’s 4th year in the league. It’s time to start taking the training wheels off and get him into the top 6.
Agree this is his time. I'm not too worried about this being his fourth year in nhl as his first three years should have been spent with 2 more seasons in Europe with his old team, then one season in laval. this upcoming season would have been his first real nhl season and his expectations would have been more reasonable and his development likely more smooth.

He was more talented than the usual prospect so marc had him spend those 3 years in Montreal trying to help the team win now. Not what I would have done but I'm not the gm.

Reactions: nhlfan9191

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Poehling likely is in the AHL next year. Lets say he isn't and makes the Habs. I don't care if Deangelo and Poehling become friends cause they are Republican's. I only care about the core and how players put the team first. And if our vets like Price, Petry, Gallagher, Edmundson, etc are OK with the idea of giving him a shot to fit in our team environment. If they say yes and we can get Deangelo on a AAV close to $1M, I don't see the risks of him causing cancer that lives with us forever even if we cut ties with him before that year expires.

I'm not a fan of alienating people. I'm a fan of rehabilitating them to be better adults by providing good leadership and we have that culture for him if he is willing to come. Think about it, if he says no to us, it means he has no interest to be a better person. If he says yes, he knows very well our room is not like the Rangers.

Rangers 20/21: Who are the leaders and vets? Panarin, Kreider, and Zibanejad?

Rangers 19/20: Lundqvist and Staal?
I'd bet money Poehling is in the NHL this year. Should've been last season if not for injuries.

Reactions: OpenIceHit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'd bet money Poehling is in the NHL this year. Should've been last season if not for injuries.

As a winger or center? It's up to him to win a job over others in camp. Possible yes. I like his rebound year and I'm high on the kid. I always value guys like that with a big strong frame and has very good skating.

Who does he win a job over? It's either center or LW right?

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Agree this is his time. I'm not too worried about this being his fourth year in nhl as his first three years should have been spent with 2 more seasons in Europe with his old team, then one season in laval. this upcoming season would have been his first real nhl season and his expectations would have been more reasonable and his development likely more smooth.

He was more talented than the usual prospect so marc had him spend those 3 years in Montreal trying to help the team win now. Not what I would have done but I'm not the gm.

It was a mistake in my opinion not letting him develop a few years in Europe but what’s done is done. I’m hoping there was no real damage done bringing him up to quick. He’s done a pretty good job hanging in there with the big boys. The consistency should start coming with age and more experience.

Reactions: iamtalbot

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
As a winger or center? It's up to him to win a job over others in camp. Possible yes. I like his rebound year and I'm high on the kid. I always value guys like that with a big strong frame and has very good skating.

Who does he win a job over? It's either center or LW right?
Depends on the situation. If we sign a veteran center, like I think we will, he can start in the wing and take center reps or as injury replacement. But he deserves a call up. I think it's his to lose and I doubt he loses it.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Since coming into the league, no one has played more minutes than Suter.

I would've been okay with 2 years at most, but a 4 year deal for someone over 35 with that much mileage is very risk.

If anybody gives him a 4 year term, they are taking a big risk. He's being greedy now cause it should not be about money at this stage. He's earned $104M and just got bought out where he earns another $6.6M over the next 8 years.

He's getting 2 year offers at the most. Age 36/37 to age 37/38 is even risky depending on the AAV he is asking for.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Holy shit! what's it gonna cost to keep Armia then? and how about Daneault? WTF?

Bad situation for the Panthers. They trade for him and he gets 15 pts in 10 games and another 5 pts in 5 playoff games. Bennett is taking advantage of it clearly and the Panthers believe that's what they are paying for. We will see cause prime years are coming.

Armia should get something around $4M IMO.

Danault should be around the $4.75M - $5.5M range... he's trending well too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad