Speculation: Trade, FA & Rumours (Mod warning OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
My take is Kipper knows his hockey by saying the Jets will be the best team and win the Canadian division. ;) But he has no clue about Laine other than Laine isn't on the first line so the Jets must want to move him. For all we know the first line will be Scheifele with Ehlers and Laine this season. Even if Wheeler is on the first line this season i really don't think he will be next season so to me we keep Laine as Wheeler's soon to be replacement on the first line.

Reactions: brendan smith

Easternbull

Nov 18, 2016
Werenski+Bjorkstarnd + picks sounds fair IMHO.

You may not agree with everything kipper says, but there are not that many teams out there who can actually afford trading and signing Laine.

If he he starts the season as a Jet, he will put on a show against the rest of the canadien teams, who IMHO apart from montreal, calgary and edmonton, like the jets bleed far to many quality shots in their own end while playing up tempo offensive hockey.

Holding on to Patrik might yield an even greater return, but I would sure like to be a fly on the wall IF and when he walks into the Jets locker room.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Werenski, Bjork & picks for Laine? In a bubble hell yes I do that (in fairness I would want to see how Samberg & Heinola look first before doing that trade), considering expansion I would have to map that all out to see the impacts to decide. Having said that I doubt CBJ do that.....so oh well.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Werenski+Bjorkstarnd + picks sounds fair IMHO.

You may not agree with everything kipper says, but there are not that many teams out there who can actually afford trading and signing Laine.

If he he starts the season as a Jet, he will put on a show against the rest of the canadien teams, who IMHO apart from montreal, calgary and edmonton, like the jets bleed far to many quality shots in their own end while playing up tempo offensive hockey.

Holding on to Patrik might yield an even greater return, but I would sure like to be a fly on the wall IF and when he walks into the Jets locker room.

I did not listen until the end is that what Kipper was speculating as a trade package and if so for whom from the Jets?

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
I did not listen until the end is that what Kipper was speculating as a trade package and if so for whom from the Jets?

He just speculated Laine will not be long with the team, no specifics date wise or what team.....just spitballing.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Werenski, Bjork & picks for Laine? In a bubble hell yes I do that (in fairness I would want to see how Samberg & Heinola look first before doing that trade), considering expansion I would have to map that all out to see the impacts to decide. Having said that I doubt CBJ do that.....so oh well.
That's too rich for Columbus to consider.

I think a more likely type of return is:

Bjorkstrand, Texier, Marchenko, Savard

Bjorkstrand is a good, top 6 winger. Texier projects as an effective middle-6 forward (exempt from expansion draft, I think). Marchenko is a top end scoring prospect. Savard is a stop-gap top 4 D. He would help this season.

It doesn't fill the Jets' need for a top D, but the value is good and the Jets could use other assets to work on filling the D slot after the expansion draft. They would have a year to assess Samberg and Heinola, too.

Columbus might see the value as too low, especially with Marchenko's ascension as a prospect, so the Jets might need to add something to balance.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016

Bjorkstrand is a good, top 6 winger. Texier projects as an effective middle-6 forward (exempt from expansion draft, I think). Marchenko is a top end scoring prospect. Savard is a stop-gap top 4 D. He would help this season.

It doesn't fill the Jets' need for a top D, but the value is good and the Jets could use other assets to work on filling the D slot after the expansion draft. They would have a year to assess Samberg and Heinola, too.

Columbus might see the value as too low, especially with Marchenko's ascension as a prospect, so the Jets might need to add something to balance.
I don’t think that deal does much for us. We have lots of scoring we need D. Why spend our best asset till we get the deal we want.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011

Agreed, I think some here overvalue what Laine will return especially in a flat cap, not unlike what some thought with Trouba pre trade. IMO any Laine trade will on the surface appear low value return to some (see Trouba)......as your speculation above will appear to them......but in reality I think an offer similar to yours is closer to what he will return then what some here have posted & believed. Some speculation of Laine returning a proven 1B or 1A centre or 1D is highly unlikely IMO.

Edit: I'll say specifically about your offer, I would only do that specific offer if, big if, Samberg & Heinola impress early this season or if done pre season, then Jets are very confident in the two kids making a big impact.

Last edited:
Reactions: GeorgeJETson

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

yea that package was too rich from Columbus IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad