Trade, FA, Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Let's be real. We get a legit top RHD via free agency or drafting. Free agency seems unlikely because no free agent elite top 4 D will choose Winnipeg. Maybe one if rumors on hfboards.com are to be believed. So trade but bye Nikky or bye KC... nah not worth it imo.

So you trade for Demelo types.. Montour with Morrissey and Pionk with Zadorov. Demelo stays with Stan the man.

Montour/Miller Morrissey
Pionk Stan or Zads still.
Demelo Stan Sam or Ville.

D is better.

We ain't getting buff or an equivalent unless we draft him. I'd be good with Montour Miller Zads Dillon Whoever other than forbort poolman benn.

This is exactly what I have been thinking. Try to grab 1-2 DeMelo types, and try to have a competent but not spectacular D corps.

Then move out futures, if possible, to get a RHD prospect who projects as a top 4.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Where’s Chevy?

Oh, my bad

upload_2021-7-24_18-56-53.jpeg

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I suppose if I'm Chevy tho... I'm looking for an RHD to play with Josh. Who fits with Josh but maybe isn't elite but fits with Josh ffs lol.

Miller Murphy Montour

It sort of allows us to have a 1 pair with legit top 4 D experience.

Then you can play

Pionk Samberg/Stan/Ville

And Demelo Stan/Samberg/Ville.

Not great but better than before and with much more potential to get better.

Find a dude who fits with Josh who is a realistic option. Murphy Miller Montour. Why the f*** not especially if the rumors out of Brandon are true and to be believed just need a 1 yr guy or so.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I suppose if I'm Chevy tho... I'm looking for an RHD to play with Josh. Who fits with Josh but maybe isn't elite but fits with Josh ffs lol.

Miller Murphy Montour

It sort of allows us to have a 1 pair with legit top 4 D experience.

Then you can play

Pionk Samberg/Stan/Ville

And Demelo Stan/Samberg/Ville.

Not great but better than before and with much more potential to get better.

Find a dude who fits with Josh who is a realistic option. Murphy Miller Montour. Why the f*** not especially if the rumors out of Brandon are true and to be believed just need a 1 yr guy or so.
Murphy would be nice for the right price. One year left at 3.85m AAV.
JMo Murphy
Stanimal Pionk
Heinola DD
(Boolow/Poolman)

Reactions: Arthur Fonzarelli

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
If we signed a true #1 RHD, we'd have to trade Demelo or Pionk....can't tie up $18m in salary down the right side.

I wonder if the Jets feel that Pionk is a #1. I mean statistically he's better in a lot of categories than the guy he was traded for, who got paid as a #1. I thought he was the best defenseman in the Edmonton series, on either team. But I wonder with the value being thrown out around the league for defensemen, where the numbers will come in. If the number hits $7 easy to say he's the #1 in the organization.

bennylundholm

Sep 7, 2014
Hows about sending Stanley or Samberg to Nashville for a signed extension of Ekholm? Add a 2nd rounder if needed.

Ekholm. Pionk
JoMo. Heinola
Stanley/Samberg. DemeLo

Reactions: Rheged

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
If it's true there's a strong chance Pulock signs next year, maybe we should try to find a 1 year solution or run with our young D. I know it's likely another year wasted, but if we do get Pulock, then we press hard to make allot of noise in the playoffs from that point on.

Reactions: boydkc and MardyBum

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Hows about sending Stanley or Samberg to Nashville for a signed extension of Ekholm? Add a 2nd rounder if needed.

Ekholm. Pionk
JoMo. Heinola
Stanley/Samberg. DemeLo

Ekholm still feels like pretty much the best option of guys who have been rumored to be available lately. With how much these other guys have gone for though it'd probably be crazy expensive.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
If it's true there's a strong chance Pulock signs next year, maybe we should try to find a 1 year solution or run with our young D. I know it's likely another year wasted, but if we do get Pulock, then we press hard to make allot of noise in the playoffs from that point on.

Im still not entirely convinced this is happening. We haven't heard a peep about it in the media and you know that the insider at TSN would be running with this heavily if they had heard about it. A NY player wanting to return to Canada would be making headlines right now.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015

before anyone asks if we are interested, I can guarantee you the answer is no. The only team who would probably sign him right now is montreal

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Considering the time of year and the flat cap, it’s likely more possible then ever it could happen, so my offer sheet targets would be
Cal Foote
Patrick Nolan
Kailer Yamamoto
Nikita Zadorov

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
What even ARE the Preds future plans? Their best forward is a year from UFA, their second best D-man is a year from UFA, they have like half a team signed right now, and they limped into the playoffs the past two seasons.

Yeah they seem like a team trying to hold on but the bets they made to extend the window like Johansen and Duchene haven't worked out so they are kinda stuck in no man's land.

Reactions: kellhunter

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Yeah they seem like a team trying to hold on but the bets they made to extend the window like Johansen and Duchene haven't worked out so they are kinda stuck in no man's land.
They desperately wanted the Kraken to take one of those contracts...

That being said, Ekholm is locked in there - they will re-sign him I'm sure... Myers and Fabbro are very good Dmen... they need Glass and Tomasino to step up in a major way - one or two UFA and they are back on track

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Considering the time of year and the flat cap, it’s likely more possible then ever it could happen, so my offer sheet targets would be
Cal Foote
Patrick Nolan
Kailer Yamamoto
Nikita Zadorov

Yamamoto seems like a strange target.
With Ehlers and Connor in the top 6 and Perfetti in the pipeline that is already some small to smallish forwards. He doesn't seem to fit in with what we need.

Reactions: Luc Labelle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad