Trade, FA, Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Watching Buffalo implode itself, shedding as much salary as possible, makes me wonder how viable Pegula is right now, if his investment in the Bills will turn the Sabres into a liquidated market.

I know a lot of people on here were high on Colin Miller before, I wonder where his trade value will come in. If you could get a player like him under the radar, for a pick and prospect, and give the Sabres a salary to get them to the Cap floor, in Bryan Little, would they take it right now?

Reactions: tbone1968

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Watching Buffalo implode itself, shedding as much salary as possible, makes me wonder how viable Pegula is right now, if his investment in the Bills will turn the Sabres into a liquidated market.

I know a lot of people on here were high on Colin Miller before, I wonder where his trade value will come in. If you could get a player like him under the radar, for a pick and prospect, and give the Sabres a salary to get them to the Cap floor, in Bryan Little, would they take it right now?

Interesting idea. I'd definitely consider it.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham

What does Miller bring to the team we don’t already have…nothing. So it’s a waste of assets

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Miller is a guy I was hoping they'd bring in last deadline. If they're out on Dougie and there's no other big target left I'd be happy with adding him. He looked fantastic in Vegas and only started going downhill when he got to Buffalo (seems like a common occurrence).

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
Can the Jets afford to offer Hamilton 9 million a year? Then go 5 for Pionk and 4 for Copp. The rest of the team 1 million dollar depth guys / ELCs. Could it work?

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
Im really worried about the way other teams are throwing money at Defensemen. Its making me think a guy like Dougie could fetch 10-11M's per year. Fat chance the org would ever pay that. There goes my only hope for the Jets grabbing a top D-man.

Reactions: robertocarlos

boydkc

Aug 2, 2015
Maybe just maybe the Jets could bring up their six foot five defenceman who who had 14 points in 29 games and was a plus 10 last season in a crazy year. Sign Poolman as insurance. Just getting Heinola and Samberg in the lineup alone will improve the defence. Draft and Develop.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Let's be real. We get a legit top RHD via free agency or drafting. Free agency seems unlikely because no free agent elite top 4 D will choose Winnipeg. Maybe one if rumors on hfboards.com are to be believed. So trade but bye Nikky or bye KC... nah not worth it imo.

So you trade for Demelo types.. Montour with Morrissey and Pionk with Zadorov. Demelo stays with Stan the man.

Montour/Miller Morrissey
Pionk Stan or Zads still.
Demelo Stan Sam or Ville.

D is better.

We ain't getting buff or an equivalent unless we draft him. I'd be good with Montour Miller Zads Dillon Whoever other than forbort poolman benn.

Reactions: GeorgeJETson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad