Trade, FA, Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
It's because the Jets don't mess around with the media. They just keep things quiet until a deal is done.

It's seldomly the team that leaks info, usually the agents. I think first priority for Chevy is expansion draft, and whatever manoeuvres he will make. See who is availabe. I think Copp is probably moved, without the notoriety that Trouba made for himself, though KO will probably use similar channels, "my client will only go (here),"essentially limiting Chevy's hand, however with the risk of losing a quality player to the expansion draft, Chevy can just let him go to keep the rest of the team together. Next is Pionk, before the free agency period. Because Pionk will affect the hand he is playing. I have a good sense that a deal will get done. Jets haven't made a draft day trade other than trading picks, so I expect them to be quiet on that front.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
It's seldomly the team that leaks info, usually the agents. I think first priority for Chevy is expansion draft, and whatever manoeuvres he will make. See who is availabe. I think Copp is probably moved, without the notoriety that Trouba made for himself, though KO will probably use similar channels, "my client will only go (here),"essentially limiting Chevy's hand, however with the risk of losing a quality player to the expansion draft, Chevy can just let him go to keep the rest of the team together. Next is Pionk, before the free agency period. Because Pionk will affect the hand he is playing. I have a good sense that a deal will get done. Jets haven't made a draft day trade other than trading picks, so I expect them to be quiet on that front.
Agree about agents, but Chevy seems to develop good working relationships and expects both sides to keep negotiations and trade discussions confidential.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I'm surprised there isn't just some speculation even if it's flimsy.
The websites / reporters seem to float some pretty flimsy stuff out there.
Media doesn't have much incentive to float rumours about the Jets because there isn't a huge media audience to get clicks. Much better to make up rumours about the Leafs or Habs or Rangers, etc.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Same as every move. Takes two to tango. All we can do is put an attractive offer together for any RFA, UFA, or trade partner.

That's fair. I guess I feel it's always tougher to lure the biggest fish than any old fish. But it does take two to tango, you're right.

I'm not convinced he is as good as the advanced stats paint him out to be, but no denying he would be a massive upgrade on our defense!

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
That's fair. I guess I feel it's always tougher to lure the biggest fish than any old fish. But it does take two to tango, you're right.

I'm not convinced he is as good as the advanced stats paint him out to be, but no denying he would be a massive upgrade on our defense!

Yeah. I've seen all sorts of posts here and on Twitter about what we should do and they all seem just so underwhelming. I might settle for Savard as a consolation on a reasonable deal.

I think someone said we were kicking tires on Jones on the trade side. Not sure that would be a good move or not.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I am hearing that Chevy has caved and is busy installing window air conditioning at the Lake.
C0FD3BD7-92DF-47B4-A813-602FAA220BCE.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad