Proposal: Trade Deadline

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Until Jay Harrison is a healthy scratch 4 games out of 5 (all healthy), our d can improve.

I'm along the lines of Ladislav Smid. UFA to be, and according to Elliotte Friedman, the Oilers have yet to talk with him about an extension.

I wouldn't bother making a Trade Board Thread, Oilers fans will probably want Justin Faulk+ 2nd.

MovesLikeJagr

Jan 15, 2012
Raleigh, NC
San Jose had a surplus of defensemen at the start of the season, I haven't watched too many of their games, but are any of them worth grabbing? Doug Murray?

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Until Jay Harrison is a healthy scratch 4 games out of 5 (all healthy), our d can improve.

I'm along the lines of Ladislav Smid. UFA to be, and according to Elliotte Friedman, the Oilers have yet to talk with him about an extension.

I wouldn't bother making a Trade Board Thread, Oilers fans will probably want Justin Faulk+ 2nd.

Eh most Oilers fans are pretty decent, but that was mostly around stuff that they actually WANT to move and not just because they can get assets for it. That said I don't remember the demands for Hemsky being overly brutal a few years back aside from a small but very vocal number of posters there.

Speaking of Faulk threads though... just some seriously off-base stuff and an invitation for flaming in the one that's out there now. How some of those idiots can think Gardiner is worth at least as much as Faulk is flat out mind bottling. When an Anaheim fan is saying some of the opinions on Faulk's value vs Gardiner and Riley are laughable, that's all that needs to be said.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Do we even need a trade? When Pitkanen, Ward and Rutuu all get healthy we are pretty set. Another quality veteran D man with playoff experience would be nice but who do we give up and do we have the money?

If/when all those guys get back, things are looking pretty good. But there's still room for a gritty forward and a solid 2nd pair stay-at-home guy. Ideal scenario for me would be Morrow and Hannan. Those two players or someone very similar to them would put this team over the top and you would not have to give up a ton to get them.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
DaveG said:
Speaking of Faulk threads though... just some seriously off-base stuff and an invitation for flaming in the one that's out there now. How some of those idiots can think Gardiner is worth at least as much as Faulk is flat out mind bottling. When an Anaheim fan is saying some of the opinions on Faulk's value vs Gardiner and Riley are laughable, that's all that needs to be said.

That's my favorite kind of thread honestly. "Trade me your really good player hed be awesome. But I don't wanna give up anything of value since he isn't that good. *random guy on my team* is so much better."

And what the hell is up with Gardenier this year? If he was as good as leaf's fans say, wouldn't he be in the NHL?

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
Right, and then Torts came out again recently and talked about how Miller has been outplaying him. I watch the Rangers on a fairly consistent basis, and a few of my good friends are diehard fans, and the only thing I hear more about than how great Rick Nash is is how awful Brian Boyle is. So maybe it's a bit unfair for me to judge him based off my somewhat limited viewings and what I hear about him from other Ranger fans, but either way he isn't worth McBain.

Complaining about him is not the same as saying he cannot crack the bottom 6.

Go to the Rangers boards, you will find threads complaining about Nash (Yes, some fans are complaining because he did not score often enough early on), Stepan, Gaborik, Girardi, and Richards. And if you look at older threads you will find complaints about Henrik Lundqvist.

What does it tell you about these players?

Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
That's my favorite kind of thread honestly. "Trade me your really good player hed be awesome. But I don't wanna give up anything of value since he isn't that good. *random guy on my team* is so much better."

And what the hell is up with Gardenier this year? If he was as good as leaf's fans say, wouldn't he be in the NHL?

Answer: he's not that good, nowhere near Faulk's tier. He has talent, but the only Leafs dman that might be getting more ice time then Faulk right now is Phaneuf the same way that Joni's the only one of our dmen that's in the conversation to be better then Faulk when he's healthy.

It says a lot to me when a guy can't get ice time over Kostka, Frazer, and Holzer. He SHOULD be a #4 right now based off potential and offensive production so that tells me what I need to know about his defensive zone coverage.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
:flames

Dalpe
McBain
2013 2nd
2014 1st (conditional if Iginla resigns, otherwise a 2nd)

:canes

Iginla
Giordano

Tlusty//Eric//Semin
Skinner//Jordan//Iginla
Jokinen//Nash//Ruutu
Wallace//Brent//LaRose
Westgarth

Gleason//Faulk
Giordano//Pitkänen
Harrison//Corvo

Ward
Ellis

What ya'll think? Fair proposal? Too much? Too little?

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh

Dalpe
McBain
2013 2nd

Iginla
Giordano

Tlusty//Eric//Semin
Skinner//Jordan//Iginla
Jokinen//Nash//Ruutu
Wallace//Brent//LaRose
Westgarth

Gleason//Faulk
Giordano//Pitkänen
Harrison//Corvo

Ward
Ellis

I would assume that is too little, but you never know. That depth though.:amazed:

La Huracanista

Nov 28, 2009
Raleigh

Smid would be perfect. Rooting for this trade as well.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina

Dalpe
McBain
2013 2nd

Iginla
Giordano

Tlusty//Eric//Semin
Skinner//Jordan//Iginla
Jokinen//Nash//Ruutu
Wallace//Brent//LaRose
Westgarth

Gleason//Faulk
Giordano//Pitkänen
Harrison//Corvo

Ward
Ellis

It would greatly improve the team, and I think the value is there.

Jussijuice

Jun 28, 2012

Dalpe
McBain
2013 2nd

Iginla
Giordano

Tlusty//Eric//Semin
Skinner//Jordan//Iginla
Jokinen//Nash//Ruutu
Wallace//Brent//LaRose
Westgarth

Gleason//Faulk
Giordano//Pitkänen
Harrison//Corvo

Ward
Ellis

Done in a heartbeat. Not a terrible offer either, doubt the Flames will find much better.

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Smid would be perfect. Rooting for this trade as well.

Not sure what everyone's problem is with Harrison. Hes been quite good in my opinion this year. Especially since the first 15 games they had him playing with Sangs. Every time they brought up a guy from Charlotte, they put the rookie with Jay. Thats gotta tell you guys something. And talk about a cap friendly contract, jeez.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
I was thinking of adding Rask and Sangs or making it 2 firsts instead. Don't wanna overkill it. Iggy is 36 on an expiring 7m contract. I would hope he's not too expensive, but Giordano has ages left to play.

I'm not saying the value isn't fair, I just think Calgary is going to try to get every ounce out of whatever team they can. It's like Howson wanting Skinner for Nash.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Really is there any fanbase more deluded about the value of their players/prospects than the Leafs? At this point they're almost cult-like in their insistence that Tlusty isn't a good player and that Philippe Paradis would be doing just as well playing alongside Staal and Semin as Jiri is. And now this thread with Faulk. What's next?

CanesAvs16

Jun 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I'm not saying the value isn't fair, I just think Calgary is going to try to get every ounce out of whatever team they can. It's like Howson wanting Skinner for Nash.

Agreed. I just don't think its worth it in the case of Iginla in the long run and I think we would be giving up potential talent for a guy who only has what? 2 seasons left in the tank IF he resigns with us? Not hating on Iginla, but I just don't think its worth it. I would much rather see a trade for a defenseman, which is something this team needs much more than a forward.

Edit: I reserve all judgement on Giordano. I haven't watched him play enough to see what he's really worth.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Really is there any fanbase more deluded about the value of their players/prospects than the Leafs? At this point they're almost cult-like in their insistence that Tlusty isn't a good player and that Philippe Paradis would be doing just as well playing alongside Staal and Semin as Jiri is. And now this thread with Faulk. What's next?

You know, it's been that way for a long time and it's not ever going to change. I remember in 02 when the Canes went on that first run, reading all the various message boards and being struck with the sheer sense of entitlement so many of them seemed to have. You would think a long period of irrelevance would've humbled them a little bit, but here we go again, a little success and they're right back the same exact way they used to be.

I'm sure there's some mass psychological analysis that could explain why that is so, but that's not my territory.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010

Where are they making this claim?

Because Tlusty has scored more goals than Paradise has points while playing in the AHL, and having played 12 more games.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Giordano is comparable to Glen Wesley in his prime. Good all-around player. He can do just about anything you need, and do it well. I would give up McBain and a 1st (assuming it's a low 1st) and maybe even a little more.

I think it's a pipe dream though. Some team with better prospect assets and deeper pockets is going to scoop him up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad