Proposal: Trade Deadline

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Tlusty-Staal-Semin
Skinner-Staal-Ruutu (Should be healthy according to article today)
Jokinen-Nash-Dwyer
Bowman-Brent-Wallace
Westgarth- -LaRose

Harrison-Faulk
Gleason-Pitkanen
McBain-Corvo
Sanguinetti

Ward
Ellis
Peters

With the addition of Ruutu (for nothing) I like the line up. But who else tips this team over the edge and makes them a Cup contender?

Trade with Buf

Regher for 2nd Rd Pick

Trade with Col

Prospal for a 3rd Rd Pick

Tlusty-Staal-Semin
Skinner-Staal-Ruutu (Should be healthy according to article today)
Prospal-Jokinen-Dwyer
Bowman-Brent-Wallace
Westgarth- Nash -LaRose

Harrison-Faulk
Gleason-Pitkanen
Regher-Corvo
Sanguinetti-McBain

Ward
Ellis
Peters

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
May as well put this here…

http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/03/09/florida-panthers-ready-to-sell

If Garrioch is to be believed with regards to Florida, then I hope JR goes after Marcel Goc. While he doesn’t bring the physical presence that the team might need, his two-way play and experience would be big for the lineup. Here's a good article about what Goc brings to a team --> http://thehockeywriters.com/overtime/marcel-goc-underrated/. The asking price on the trade board was a 2nd, but I imagine a number of teams would be interested in him at that price. So, maybe a mid-round pick or prospect would have to be added to make it happen? According to CapGeek (http://www.capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=122), he’s signed for an additional year at a manageable $1.7 mil.

Tlusty - E. Staal - Semin (Scoring Line #1)
Skinner - J. Staal - Dwyer (Scoring Line #2)
Jokinen - Goc - Ruutu (Scoring Line #3/”Shutdown” Line)
Wallace - Nash - LaRose (Energy Line)
Bowman, Westgarth

EDIT: Brent was included in the deal or moved in a separate transaction in this hypothetical.

AhoLottaLove

Jun 30, 2010
May as well put this here…

http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/03/09/florida-panthers-ready-to-sell

If Garrioch is to be believed with regards to Florida, then I hope JR goes after Marcel Goc. While he doesn’t bring the physical presence that the team might need, his two-way play and experience would be big for the lineup. Here's a good article about what Goc brings to a team --> http://thehockeywriters.com/overtime/marcel-goc-underrated/. The asking price on the trade board was a 2nd, but I imagine a number of teams would be interested in him at that price. So, maybe a mid-round pick or prospect would have to be added to make it happen? According to CapGeek (http://www.capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=122), he’s signed for an additional year at a manageable $1.7 mil.

Tlusty - E. Staal - Semin (Scoring Line #1)
Skinner - J. Staal - Dwyer (Scoring Line #2)
Jokinen - Goc - Ruutu (Scoring Line #3/â€Shutdown†Line)
Wallace - Nash - LaRose (Energy Line)
Bowman, Westgarth

EDIT: Brent was included in the deal or moved in a separate transaction in this hypothetical.
Goc sounds like he'd be a great addition

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Go get Iginla....then the third line is:
Ruutu-Nash-Jokinen

And someone out there to stick up for Skinner.

Just do it JR, I dont want to hear about excuses.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Go get Iginla....then the third line is:
Ruutu-Nash-Jokinen

And someone out there to stick up for Skinner.

Just do it JR, I dont want to hear about excuses.

Ya I'd rather not mortgage our future for a few weeks of Iginla. His services will be highly sought after and I really hope we wouldn't try to outbid others. Rather add someone who there could actually be a chance of retaining past this spring.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Hey Flames fan I was wondering if a deal like
Dalpe/Rask + Mcbain + 2nd(becomes 1st if Carolina makes the SCF) for Iginla would be of any interest or not.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Canes do have some pretty interesting pieces if they're talking trade, but I can't imagine JR is interested in any high-end rentals.

A guy like Brendan Morrow, though? That could be interesting. Probably wouldn't take a whole lot to get him and would fill a role the Canes haven't had since Scott Walker.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Hey Flames fan I was wondering if a deal like
Dalpe/Rask + Mcbain + 2nd(becomes 1st if Carolina makes the SCF) for Iginla would be of any interest or not.

I don't think you're gonna get too many responses from flames fans seeing as you're on the canes board :)

But ya, I wouldn't do that. I don't feel its wise and I don't feel we need that kind of player. Add a veteran 3c who can win draws and a gritty veteran (ha ha) defenseman for the second pairing and I like our chances.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
Id trade for things all playoff teams need. Steady D and a 3rd line center good at faceoffs.

Yes this somehow. The Canes need three good lines, one a shutdown line, and better D or they will not go far. The playoffs are completely different. You can expect that other teams will attempt to shutdown the top line and pressure this defense. Muller will have to be up to the task with whomever he has to work with. A veteran rental or two for some of the young prospects for now, doesn't sound that bad for this year. Deal with the ramifications later. Either that or do the best they can and continue to build.

Jussijuice

Jun 28, 2012
Ryan Clowe would be my
Ideal addition.

Cause who needs D amirite?

Edit:
Semin - Staal- Tlusty
Clowe - j Staal - Skinner
Ruutu - Nash - Jokinen
Bowman - Brent - Dwyer

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Goc I'm indifferent about. Hell no to iginla, there's no way to make that worth the cost.

Regehr I like though. Always wanted morrow but again it would have to cheaper than it would seem.

I'm not big on playoff rentals anymore. So rarely does it matter. Tough thing to say since we truly benefitted when we won the cup, but overall I like going generally with what we've got. We need a regehr, so I get that. Still would rather get him longer term.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
Rangers fan here.
I want to get some feedback on a proposal made by a canes fan.

Boyle + Eminger from the Rangers for McBain + Bowman + mid rd pick work?

Boyle gives you size at 6'7, FO (he is at 57 %), hitting, gritty, hardworking guy, Pking, shot blocking, is trusted late in games to protect leads. Great locker room guy.
He can chip in 10 goals a year and very cap friendly contract.
Rangers need a bottom pairing RD, which McBain would fill. His progress has stalled a bit. Maybe a change of scenery can help.
I don't know much about Bowman but he appears to be a warm body.

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
Rangers fan here.
I want to get some feedback on a proposal made by a canes fan.

Boyle + Eminger from the Rangers for McBain + Bowman + mid rd pick work?

Boyle gives you size at 6'7, FO (he is at 57 %), hitting, gritty, hardworking guy, Pking, shot blocking, is trusted late in games to protect leads. Great locker room guy.
He can chip in 10 goals a year and very cap friendly contract.
Rangers need a bottom pairing RD, which McBain would fill. His progress has stalled a bit. Maybe a change of scenery can help.
I don't know much about Bowman but he appears to be a warm body.

No chance. If Boyle can't crack the Rangers bottom six as it is currently constructed on a regular basis then he doesn't interest me at all. McBain has been great, and we'd have no interest in moving him for 4th liner and a bottom pairing defenseman, and that isn't even touching adding Bowman and a pick to it.

If you wanted McBain, we'd ask for Hagelin or Miller+, and yeah I understand that wouldn't be of interest to the Rangers.

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
How many years is Zac Dalpe going to be close to NHL ready for?

I'd readily trade him for anyone who could be an upgrade over Dwyer/Nash in the top 9 or Sanguinetti.

He'll be on waivers in September anyway.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
No chance. If Boyle can't crack the Rangers bottom six as it is currently constructed on a regular basis then he doesn't interest me at all. McBain has been great, and we'd have no interest in moving him for 4th liner and a bottom pairing defenseman, and that isn't even touching adding Bowman and a pick to it.

If you wanted McBain, we'd ask for Hagelin or Miller+, and yeah I understand that wouldn't be of interest to the Rangers.

Boyle is a staple on the Rangers 3rd line. He has been benched 3 games this season because Torts, as stubborn as he is, thinks Boyle can produce more offensively.
He is 30 point scorer but this season he has struggled offensively. He came back from his benching and looked good offensive and defensively against the caps.

If you don't like the trade, I respect that, but to say that Boyle can't crack the bottom six is simply not true.

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
Boyle is a staple on the Rangers 3rd line. He has been benched 3 games this season because Torts, as stubborn as he is, thinks Boyle can produce more offensively.
He is 30 point scorer but this season he has struggled offensively. He came back from his benching and looked good offensive and defensively against the caps.

If you don't like the trade, I respect that, but to say that Boyle can't crack the bottom six is simply not true.

Right, and then Torts came out again recently and talked about how Miller has been outplaying him. I watch the Rangers on a fairly consistent basis, and a few of my good friends are diehard fans, and the only thing I hear more about than how great Rick Nash is is how awful Brian Boyle is. So maybe it's a bit unfair for me to judge him based off my somewhat limited viewings and what I hear about him from other Ranger fans, but either way he isn't worth McBain.

Jagee44

Mar 1, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Do we even need a trade? When Pitkanen, Ward and Rutuu all get healthy we are pretty set. Another quality veteran D man with playoff experience would be nice but who do we give up and do we have the money?

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Do we even need a trade? When Pitkanen, Ward and Rutuu all get healthy we are pretty set. Another quality veteran D man with playoff experience would be nice but who do we give up and do we have the money?

Need? no, could improve the team with another trade? yes. I think that's why the talk's thankfully moved from a top 6 winger or top 4 dman to a #3 center/depth dman (#5/6 guy with experience and expiring contract). I'm onboard with adding Goc FWIW, the dude's a solid two-way forward and isn't a black hole offensively. He's basically a poor mans Brandon Sutter defensively with a bit less offense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad