Rumor: Trade Deadline Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Jimmy Murphy‏@MurphysLaw74 32m32 minutes ago
Last season I'm told, #Blackhawks expressed strong interest in Chara. Were willing to offer 2nd rd pick. Never got to waiving NMC point

verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry interesting. have to wonder if Stan might kick tires here again and see if Chara waives. Especially depending on severity of Hammers injury and/or just wanting nail down the best blue line in the league.

Have Hossa dial up the Slovak connection and convince him to come over, especially since theyre like best friends

Chara @ 50% for Forsling +2nd?

too much? too little?

Chara cap hit dips down to $4 mil next year so CHI would only be on hook for $2 mil

I wouldn't want Chara at this point in his career, despite it looking like he's having a decent season. And I would most definitely not give up a future top 4 guy for him. He's got what? Maybe a year or two left in him, at the most? He'll be 40 in two weeks.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Can someone remind me why Chara's cap hit drops next year? I forget the exact circumstances and that's obviously not normal.

No clue if this is correct but...

According to the indispensable Cap Geek, Z's cap hit will be $6,916,666 from 2011-12 through 2016-7, and then $4M in 2017-8, his age 40 season. If I understand the compromise brokered between the NHL and the players' association, players are charged their actual salary against the cap from age 40 onward. Thus, Chara makes $4M that season, and so his cap hit is $4M.

sketch22

Jul 18, 2011
Can someone remind me why Chara's cap hit drops next year? I forget the exact circumstances and that's obviously not normal.

I forget the exact rule, but it has something to do with the contract going till after he is 40.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I'd take Chara in a heartbeat on the Hawks. Figure out the cap later.

Not for Forsling, but I'd give up a first rounder next year if they retain.

I would do this year's first before next year's first. But no to both. Don't want him on the tail-end of his career when he's getting to be as close to a pylon as you can be out there.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Wait a damn second, why isn't that the case with Hossa?

The rule was put in place after Kovy deal got nixed. Hossa was already signed.

Again, the NHL makes no F*ing sense.

They added the recapture rule after the Hossa deal and it applies to him. But this after 40 thing was added after and does not apply to him. Rules shouldn't be changed retroactively. It's idiotic.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
I would do this year's first before next year's first. But no to both. Don't want him on the tail-end of his career when he's getting to be as close to a pylon as you can be out there.
Chara's still a top pairing guy and while he was never fast in the first place he's far from a pylon.

DK/Seabs
Hammer/Chara
Kempny/Soup

Charas minutes get reduced considerably considering the top pairing. You have two great top pairings while the third pairing with Soupy drives possession.

Chara would make the Hawks unfair.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Chara's still a top pairing guy and while he was never fast in the first place he's far from a pylon.

DK/Seabs
Hammer/Chara
Kempny/Soup

Charas minutes get reduced considerably considering the top pairing. You have two great top pairings while the third pairing with Soupy drives possession.

Chara would make the Hawks unfair.

Chara is not close to a top pairing guy at this point. He is a 4-6 type at this point.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Reduced cap hit after 40!?

raw

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
2nd rounder seems to be set in stone as the going rate for a 3rd liner

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Chara is not close to a top pairing guy at this point. He is a 4-6 type at this point.
I have watched alot of Bruins games, original six teams.

Chara would clearly be the third best defenseman on the Hawks. If people are making assumptions because of his age, please, watch him play.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I'm just thrilled Burrows is off the market, so Stan and Q aren't tempted to add some GRIT to the bottom 6. :laugh:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I have watched alot of Bruins games, original six teams.

Chara would clearly be the third best defenseman on the Hawks. If people are making assumptions because of his age, please, watch him play.

Congrats but like many others here I have watched quite a few games as well and he is no longer a top 3 dman. He has lost a lot of foot speed and that would be an issue playing for the Hawks. Could he help? 100% yes but I would want him in a 3rd pairing role. This would also push Kempny out of the lineup unless Chara can play the other side.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well ...if we keep our 2nd ..if the draft is that weak as posters say ...it Still could help Master Stan move up ..2nd and our first for a better first ..Is there 1 guy in tge draft that we ought to try to move up for...that 1 guy is Nick Suzuki of the Owen Sound Attack...a 200 foot C putting up good numbers for a defensive team that is winning ...can skate ..a tremendous worker /forecheck and back'check guy..cuts 9ff plays in the neutral zone and quick transition to attack ..fast skater ...good hockey sense..good passer ..hands/shot are probably just average bit he gets his points by WORKING and tracking tge puck and making plays off that and before d-men can react .It woukd not surprise if on the final ranking he moves up into the top ten but as it is he probably goes in the teens or early 20s ..Not going to be there at 27-31...A cannot miss pro ...Probably a 3C with us but also so so goid as a pk guy ...speed and hustle but can put up points too. A coach's dream.

SO I would rather try to.move up to get him than have no option to try that because we have no more 2nd or 3rd anymore.So keeping that 2nd could help us move up to the mid-term snorkeling early 20s if he still is on the board in 5hat range of the draft.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Burrows to Ottawa..they gave up John Dahlen... (I think Ottawa will be sorry and Vancouver will be thrilled).

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Well ...if we keep our 2nd ..if the draft is that weak as posters say ...it Still could help Master Stan move up ..2nd and our first for a better first ..Is there 1 guy in tge draft that we ought to try to move up for...that 1 guy is Nick Suzuki of the Owen Sound Attack...a 200 foot C putting up good numbers for a defensive team that is winning ...can skate ..a tremendous worker /forecheck and back'check guy..cuts 9ff plays in the neutral zone and quick transition to attack ..fast skater ...good hockey sense..good passer ..hands/shot are probably just average bit he gets his points by WORKING and tracking tge puck and making plays off that and before d-men can react .It woukd not surprise if on the final ranking he moves up into the top ten but as it is he probably goes in the teens or early 20s ..Not going to be there at 27-31...A cannot miss pro ...Probably a 3C with us but also so so goid as a pk guy ...speed and hustle but can put up points too. A coach's dream.

SO I would rather try to.move up to get him than have no option to try that because we have no more 2nd or 3rd anymore.So keeping that 2nd could help us move up to the mid-term snorkeling early 20s if he still is on the board in 5hat range of the draft.

for me the one key player in this draft i would love to get, outside the projected top 4 selections is Owen Tippett - rw. i think he can be the real deal offensively.

however i do like one of the 3 goalies in the early 2nd round, maybe one will go late 1st round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad