Rumor: Trade Deadline Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
Forsling is a no go.

Drouin is an RFA and we need Forsling going forward.

Q is already pulling his stupid ass ******** with Forsling. I'm sure he's found some made up reason not to like him and has instructed Stan to trade him away.

We needed to ride Forsling all year, let him develop, and be a valuable asset in the playoffs. Have Bowman put the kibosh to Keith on the PP put Forsling there. Then watch the unit perform infinitely better.

But yeah, Roszival is better so lets ride him instead.

mikee

Jul 6, 2016
How has Oduya been this year? If he's still his old self or close to it I'd be all for him being back.

Hard no to Doan. No thanks.

Oduya has been out for an extended period of time with an ankle injury. He is supposed to be back this week though just in time to prove how healthy he is.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Q is already pulling his stupid ass ******** with Forsling. I'm sure he's found some made up reason not to like him and has instructed Stan to trade him away.

We needed to ride Forsling all year, let him develop, and be a valuable asset in the playoffs. Have Bowman put the kibosh to Keith on the PP put Forsling there. Then watch the unit perform infinitely better.

But yeah, Roszival is better so lets ride him instead.

What?

Forsling is best served playing 20+ minutes a night in Rockford this year with the hope that he is ready come playoff time as a 6-7 and then a full-time role next year.

When he has been up Q has played him and I would argue that Q has pulled more of his "stupid ****" as you call it with Kempny who should be paired with Hammer.

No one has ever said Rosi is better so I have no idea what you are talking about there.

Or is just a rant that happens to quote my post because I mention Forsling?

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
What?

Forsling is best served playing 20+ minutes a night in Rockford this year with the hope that he is ready come playoff time as a 6-7 and then a full-time role next year.

When he has been up Q has played him and I would argue that Q has pulled more of his "stupid ****" as you call it with Kempny who should be paired with Hammer.

No one has ever said Rosi is better so I have no idea what you are talking about there.

Or is just a rant that happens to quote my post because I mention Forsling?

i totally agree with your point. he did need seasoning and getting it at rfd was the right decision.

here is a question, i thought Q handled him ok..... or am i wrong???

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Jimmy Murphy‏@MurphysLaw74 32m32 minutes ago
Last season I'm told, #Blackhawks expressed strong interest in Chara. Were willing to offer 2nd rd pick. Never got to waiving NMC point

verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry interesting. have to wonder if Stan might kick tires here again and see if Chara waives. Especially depending on severity of Hammers injury and/or just wanting nail down the best blue line in the league.

Have Hossa dial up the Slovak connection and convince him to come over, especially since theyre like best friends

Chara @ 50% for Forsling +2nd?

too much? too little?

Chara cap hit dips down to $4 mil next year so CHI would only be on hook for $2 mil

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Last season I'm told, #Blackhawks expressed strong interest in Chara. Were willing to offer 2nd rd pick. Never got to waiving NMC point

verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry interesting. have to wonder if Stan might kick tires here again and see if Chara waives. Especially depending on severity of Hammers injury and/or just wanting nail down the best blue line in the league.

Have Hossa dial up the Slovak connection and convince him to come over, especially since theyre like best friends

too much? too little?

Chara cap hit dips down to $4 mil next year so CHI would only be on hook for $2 mil

Absolutely not.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I think this team could really use a RHD, especially if Hjalmarssons issue goes on for an extended period of time.

I wonder if there would be interest in a guy like Cody Franson at 50% retained for a 2nd or 3rd round pick?

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Looks like Boyle is going to Toronto.

For forwards that probably leaves us with the following:

Vanek: Put up big points this year but can be lazy defensively.

Sharp: Hasn't put up a lot of points this year (due to injury), but plays a great puck possession game.

Hudler: Decent on both sides of puck, but has had a lot of injury issues past two seasons. Not sure he's currently at 100%. Would be cheap to acquire though.

Doan: Not great this year. Slow. But similar statements were made about Zeus in 2013. Would be cheap.

Am I missing anyone?

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs

too much? too little?

No way. Forsling will not be moved for a rental or a guy nearing hanging 'em up.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Seems like all the action is going to happen before the deadline again this year. Should make for a boring deadline day.

And what is going on with HF? Was goofy all weekend with 502 errors, and now it looks like everyone's avatar is gone. :laugh:

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Eh

They're not winning anything this year, so its basically just throwing away a second to marginally (and that's generous) increase their chances of making the playoffs.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

too much? too little?

Dear ****ing god no.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Eh

They're not winning anything this year, so its basically just throwing away a second to marginally (and that's generous) increase their chances of making the playoffs.

Playoff experience for the rookies.
They still have a 2nd.

There was really no reason to not do this in what is considered a weak draft.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
I'd take Chara in a heartbeat on the Hawks. Figure out the cap later.

Not for Forsling, but I'd give up a first rounder next year if they retain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad