Proposal: Trade Deadline Talk..... Final Weekend Edition!

Who would like to see the most in return for Max Pacioretty, tdl or draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Dahlin, Svechnikov, Wahlstrom, Zadina, Boqvist, Hughes and Tkachuk are more valuable than Chabot.

Gotta disagree. Chabot is a very good prospect and he's very close to the NHL.

We are talking upsides vs. a guy well on his way to hitting his. I mean obviously Dahlin and Svechnikov would be more valuable, and you can make cases for some of those names.. but Chabot over a pick you don't really know where it will be, you do that time and time again.. and considering the market we are in, Chabot would be worth more to us than most others.

Reactions: McGuires Corndog

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Borgström isn't signed, that doesn't scare anyone? He could just loop hole his way into UFA.

Wouldn't that be a reason for the Panthers to make him available? If he was locked down (i.e. assuming he wasn't in the NCAA), he'd be an untouchable perhaps.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal

We are talking upsides vs. a guy well on his way to hitting his. I mean obviously Dahlin and Svechnikov would be more valuable, and you can make cases for some of those names.. but Chabot over a pick you don't really know where it will be, you do that time and time again.. and considering the market we are in, Chabot would be worth more to us than most others.

Completely agree here

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Wouldn't that be a reason for the Panthers to make him available? If he was locked down, he'd be an untouchable perhaps.
If they make him available because they're not sure he would sign with them, it would be an even bigger risk to us. Imagine we trade Patches and we end up with ... the compensation for him not singing. Not great.

Reactions: Runner77

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

Only name I guess you could make the case for would be Hughes and Tkachuk. I agree proven is more valuable than prospects, but these guys have good floors.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
But he's much closer than those you've mentioned and probably will be in the end.
He could be in a few years, it's also not a guarantee. Great player and I would love to have him though. I'd probably take him and Ryan if offered, but it isn't.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We're not seeing much in terms of Habs rumors right now. Would have helped bridge the gap until tomorrow morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad