Proposal: Trade Deadline Talk..... Final Weekend Edition!

Who would like to see the most in return for Max Pacioretty, tdl or draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I have no ill will towards Pacioretty but I hope he is traded tomorrow for a good C prospect and a 1st 2018.

I can't see one more game of his inabilty to perform under pressure. This is not the type of player you build around but could be useful as the trigger man on a good team.

I was there last night enjoying a good game until even all the free food of the Club Desjardins couldn't compensate for a sniper's inabilty to shoot on a breakaway...Talk about leaving me wanting for more...

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Did we do our deal and now we are done?

So many angles to that question. Are we better off walking away with the fair deal on Pleks and enjoy that, or do we go back to the black jack table?

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
We should be all over Karlsson. Weber's salary and cap structure would be perfect for Melnyck.

Very true. It would be more affordable for Melnyk to have Weber than to extend Karlsson. Weber no longer has any signing bonuses for the rest of his contract. He's at 6M for the next 4 years, then his salary falls to 3M for 1 year and then is at 1M for the final 3 years.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Ottawa will rightfully want, and will get, more than Weber, and there really isn’t much point of us going after Karlsson at this point in time. We aren’t contenders. I’d love to have him here but he’ll likely end up being the face of the Vegas franchise for years to come.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Ottawa will be looking for prospects though as they are the cheapest assets around. The way we can weasal in is by taking on Bobby Ryan... but just not sure whether that would even be worth it.

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
Insanely unrealistic trade but just for fun:

To Montreal:
Brayden Point
Tampa 2nd Round
Bobby Ryan

To Ottawa:
Sergachev
Max Pacioretty
Montreal 2nd round
Tampa 1st round

To Tampa:
Erik Karlsson

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval

To Montreal:
Brayden Point
Tampa 2nd Round
Bobby Ryan

To Ottawa:
Sergachev
Max Pacioretty
Montreal 2nd round
Tampa 1st round

To Tampa:
Erik Karlsson
Tampa gives Point, Sergachev their first rounder and their 2nd for Karlsson? ? God damn

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

To Montreal:
Brayden Point
Tampa 2nd Round
Bobby Ryan

To Ottawa:
Sergachev
Max Pacioretty
Montreal 2nd round
Tampa 1st round

To Tampa:
Erik Karlsson

We need to get even MORE insane, a 4 team trade...

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Well Point looks like he has true 1C potential, so we basically got what we were after from the trade

That "player" would be our number 1 center by a country mile. I would very much consider it since he's 21 and at a PPG.

That's fine. But Habs did a lot for this trade, they should get more. Picked up one of the worst contracts in the league and gave up their top scorer (and one of the league's top scorers) all to facilitate one of their division rivals to acquire one of the best players in the game. They need to get compensated more for their contribution to the deal. They should get a 1st for offering Pacioretty alone. And then add the 2nd for taking on Ryan's contract. And I'd insist on a prospect, as well.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
So you take on Ryan's contract and give up Pacioretty and all you get is 1 player and a 2nd round pick?

No way we're getting Brayden Point for anything less than that.

To Montreal:
Brayden Point
Tampa 2nd Round
Bobby Ryan

To Ottawa:
Sergachev
Max Pacioretty
Montreal 2nd round
Tampa 1st round

To Tampa:
Erik Karlsson

Pacioretty should be going to Tampa in this crazy deal. Ottawa gets a 1st and Sergachev and a 2nd for Karlsson plus losing Ryan's contract (excellent trade for Ottawa still). Tampa gets Pacioretty and Karlsson for a 1st, Sergachev and Point (still not a good trade for them), Montreal gets Point for Pacioretty and taking on Ryan's contract (good trade for us)

tooji

Nov 24, 2015

Pacioretty should be going to Tampa in this crazy deal. Ottawa gets a 1st and Sergachev and a 2nd for Karlsson plus losing Ryan's contract (excellent trade for Ottawa still). Tampa gets Pacioretty and Karlsson for a 1st, Sergachev and Point (still not a good trade for them), Montreal gets Point for Pacioretty and taking on Ryan's contract (good trade for us)

Tampa with a top 6 of Kucherov, Stamkos, Pacioretty, Gourde, Johnson, and Namestikov, and Top 3 D of Hedman, Karlsson, and Stralman. Pacioretty would be their kessel...

tazsub3

May 30, 2016

what you me and others on this site think dont matter, what steve, mark and pierre beleive wont matter, the key is what the PlayStation says

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->