Trade Deadline - March 5 - Tim Thomas and Roberto Luongo are now teammates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nothingman*

So all those Canuck fans saying Lou would bring 1st/2nd round picks…..multiples…+....are now silent. LOL! We got more for Pirri.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
It's pretty hilarious when you think that in the last eight months Vancouver has traded both Cory Schneider and Roberto Luongo...and now has Eddie Lack as their starter.

Quality player management right there! :handclap:

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 3m
Duthie on TSN Radio "there are going to be many people upset by this deal. Luongo's popularity has grown a lot the past two years"

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 2m
Duthie "the Canucks have surpassed Buffalo as the most interesting team to watch tomorrow." In other words, WATCH OUR SHOW TOMORROW

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 2m
Duthie "unless they pull a huge turnaround I think Gillis is gone at the end of this year. If Gillis is gone, Torts is gone"

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 1m
Duthie "from what I understand, because of the benching, Pat Brisson [Luongo's agent] contacted the Canucks."

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 51s
Duthie "the talks on this deal started on Sunday"

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 38s
Duthie "the Canucks knew he was just back there this season as a professional. His trade request was never rescinded"

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Nick Kypreos‏@RealKyper·16 secs
15 percent is what I hear on what #Canucks will pick up on the Luongo to #Panthers deal.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I'm trying to bend my mind around the fact that Luongo and Schneider were traded for Bo Horvat, Jacob Markstrom, Shawn Matthias, and 15% of Luongo's cap hit.

It's just incomprehensible to me.

Gillis has got to be the worst GM out there.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
I'm trying to bend my mind around the fact that Luongo and Schneider were traded for Bo Horvat, Jacob Markstrom, Shawn Matthias, and 15% of Luongo's cap hit.

Don't forget they traded their best young center for a guy that is playing 12 minutes a game this year.

Gurth

Feb 22, 2010
Madison

And we had Belfour and Hasek at one point. I guess we got (a little) more for them, but not enough in my mind.

Still bitter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad