Speculation: Trade deadline - March 2 - 3:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
I am telling you-Smith+1st+pick a forward prospect (Watson/Sissons/Aberg/Beck) would net Kessel. Toronto gains a top six F, top 9 F and a pick to do whatever.

And franson is redundant here; I would target Gardiner for the left side and offer another F prospect and a vet roster player-Stalberg (and retain some of his salary)

And I bet Poile has at least checked in on Yandle. I think a package of a first and one of the F rospects, maybe 2 could get him. It is alot in terms of what we give, but he can slide in forr a while and really give us 3 dynamite pairs. A man can dream

Thanks for drinking my Kool Aid.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
There's no way Poile is trading Jones, much less if his desire is a "top 6 forward". He can get plenty of value in that category in return for way less than Jones. Plus we all know the kind of player Poile covets and Jones is almost that exact player.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I have to admit I'd be upset if we trade Jones to help with a potential Cup run. We have to maintain as many home grown long term assets as we can. History has shown that free agents don't want to come here so building from within is our best key for long term success. I know this is true for most successful franchises but it's especially true for a team like ours. Stealing from teams like the Caps is 2nd.

Would love to see Kessel here as much as the next guy but would not want him if it took parting with Jones.

CMDEADLY

Jun 6, 2014
Jones and Forsberg will be the faces of the franchise in a few years. Trading Jones now would be a huge mistake.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
My guess is Franson will be a Pred by the end of next week. If this happens, my guess is Ellis' injury is worse than we originally thought.

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
I posted this on the main board.

What do you think?

To Nashville: Kessel + Winnik

To Toronto: Kevin Fiala + Austin Watson + 2015 1st + Craig Smith

Not sure about contracts for Toronto?

Thoughts?

Here is my thinking behind this.
1. Nashville will have a nice top 6 headed down the stretch and for a cup run.
Forsberg-Ribeiro-Kessel
Wilson-Fisher-Neal

2. Smith and Wilson will get a raise this off season. So how much will be the difference between what Smith get's and Kessel's cap hit? Probably a Jokinen who comes off books next year.

3. Does not touch the defense- enough said.

4. We have a deep AHL team.

5. Smart use of assets. No major rental

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I could see making changes if we were a mid-seed playoff contender, but based on our record against division, conference, & eastern conference opponents, I can't see why we would change anything.
I admit trade speculation is part of being a hockey fan, and it's fun, but this club is hitting on all 8! It Ain't Broke, so don't tinker with overwhelming success! Based on performance, record, and the apparent high morale, I hope we don't change a thing.

even of we have the exact team we want, a little depth wouldn't hurt. I would be fine with a trade for a defenseman and a third line forward and letting volchenkov and Jokinen/Cullen sit in the press box until needed

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
even of we have the exact team we want, a little depth wouldn't hurt. I would be fine with a trade for a defenseman and a third line forward and letting volchenkov and Jokinen/Cullen sit in the press box until needed

Dead on.

I think Poile probably wants Kessel, but I think if he can't get him for a reasonable offer then Toronto has a few other guys he may be interested in.

I don't think Nashville will have issues attracting FA's this offseason if we go after them. Everyone wants to play for a winner, no matter where it is.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
What'd be nice is if we didn't have to give up a roster player for an extra piece that could help us down the stretch.

Too bad TML would probably want a roster player for Kessel, but then again, they would want any other team's roster players right now.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
i'm thinking either smith-ellis or jones-fiala for kessel is what is being offered or asked for by the 2 GM's. not saying either would be acceptable for either side, it's just what who i think are being discussed. no way TOR will move Kessel for less than a good defenseman and a strong forward/prospect because they know how badly they have to have defensive help immediately.

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
Toronto's organizational weakness' are at forward and goal.
Toronto has been in Milwaukee while Hellberg has been playing, might be an option.

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
I'm warming up to the idea of Neil. A 4th line for Nystrom - Gaustad - Neil would be physically punishing and all three are willing to drop the gloves. Could be a nice throwback to the old SHT line.

I'm still liking Franson but I don't want to trade Ellis. He's improved too much and his contract is too good. Franson is going to demand more than we're willing to pay. If Franson was a LHD then I'd be all for bringing him in.

Kessel... I really wanted Kessel at first but I'm not really sure where I stand right now. I guess it really depends on the price. I don't want to lose Jones or hurt our top 6 to bring him in.

Kadri, Winnik, Bozak, Santorelli and the rest of the names that have been floating around don't really push us over the top, but picking one up might not be a bad idea to add to the 3rd line.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Toronto's organizational weakness' are at forward and goal.
Toronto has been in Milwaukee while Hellberg has been playing, might be an option.
Bernier and Reimer are both very capable in goal, I don't think it's really an organizational weakness. That aside, goalies don't carry a lot of trade value, so he might Hellberg could be a throw in, but isn't really going to change the main pieces that would have to be offered.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
Pierre LeBrun of ESPN: Maple Leafs GM stayed back in Nashville on Tuesday after the team left. The Predators are one of the teams that is interested in Cody Franson.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Complete speculation but I wonder if we got Franson if he'd be willing to consider re-signing. Familiar team and city, a winning organization and a system that would allow him to contribute offensively.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
I have to admit I'd be upset if we trade Jones to help with a potential Cup run. We have to maintain as many home grown long term assets as we can. History has shown that free agents don't want to come here so building from within is our best key for long term success. I know this is true for most successful franchises but it's especially true for a team like ours. Stealing from teams like the Caps is 2nd.

Would love to see Kessel here as much as the next guy but would not want him if it took parting with Jones.

I think if we keep doing what we have been doing in terms of performance, some of the reasons players didn't want to come here will disappear. Winning changes a lot and playing looser in the offensive side of the house is a more exciting prospect than the defense grind, dump and chase style of the past. I bet we see some players who we thought were not interested in the past start to become viable trades for us. Maybe not this season or next, but If we demonstrate a sustained commitment to this style while getting these results.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Pierre LeBrun of ESPN: Maple Leafs GM stayed back in Nashville on Tuesday after the team left. The Predators are one of the teams that is interested in Cody Franson.

Apparently he went to see an Admirals game aswell. Or so say the reports out of toronto. Maybe getting a look at Watson.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
Bob McKenzie on NBCSN: Top trade deadline targets: Antoine Vermette, Zbynek Michalek, Andrej Sekera, Cody Franson and Daniel Winnik.

The Ducks and Predators are looking to improve their roster before the deadline.

“General manager Bob Murray in Anaheim and general manager David Poile in Nashville believe they have teams that can win it all.â€

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
unless we're trading jones or ellis or unless ellis's leg had to be amputated, i don't get why we would be interested in another right handed, right dman like franson.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
unless we're trading jones or ellis or unless ellis's leg had to be amputated, i don't get why we would be interested in another right handed, right dman like franson.

Especially another offensive one. I know the system benefits from puck movers, but our top 4/5 are already more than capable in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad