Speculation: Trade deadline - March 2 - 3:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mypetrobot

sua sponte
Jun 22, 2013
Perron traded to pens for a low 1st round pick and klink. He's not a true rental since he still has term left after this season.

Do you think the preds would serve up their low 1st rounder for a cup run, maybe even a package deal (Ellis, spare parts)?

Who would you like to see the preds go after?

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I really don't think we should move a roster d man. It seems like Poile really worked hard building it up to what it is and I think it'd be pretty hard to give up one of them for a while.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I really don't think we should move a roster d man. It seems like Poile really worked hard building it up to what it is and I think it'd be pretty hard to give up one of them for a while.

this.

assuming we dont have a big unexpected roster hole to fill when the deadline rolls around, I expect Poile to stand pat or trade a midround pick/mid level prospect for a servicable forward and thats about it. (maybe someone good on draws or the PK if both of those areas remain marginal)

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
If we're in the position we're in now come the trade deadline and other teams are adding pieces, Poile will be doing the same thing, fortifying the roster. He'd be a fool if teams like Chicago, St. Louis, LA and Anaheim were adding and we stood pat. You add to make your team deeper and stronger if at all possible. You don't mortgage the future obviously but you necessary pieces to be competitive and match up against any possible teams you may face down the line. Jagr is one to target. Doan is another. Vermette would be a nice addition. These are guys that are veterans and/or producers and if you get them, it means other teams don't get them either. I'm sure there will be others available but to be honest, those are the three I think we should be targeting.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
If we're in the position we're in now come the trade deadline and other teams are adding pieces, Poile will be doing the same thing, fortifying the roster. He'd be a fool if teams like Chicago, St. Louis, LA and Anaheim were adding and we stood pat. You add to make your team deeper and stronger if at all possible. You don't mortgage the future obviously but you necessary pieces to be competitive and match up against any possible teams you may face down the line. Jagr is one to target. Doan is another. Vermette would be a nice addition. These are guys that are veterans and/or producers and if you get them, it means other teams don't get them either. I'm sure there will be others available but to be honest, those are the three I think we should be targeting.

Man if Arizona decides to blow things up, they have some very intriguing pieces... Doan, Vermette, Hanzal, Boedker, Gagner...

Count me in as another who'd like to see Jagr in gold

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
I'm all on the Hanzal and Boedker train but i doubt the fan base would like what we would have to give up.

I think Boedker could be had for a 1st and a Watson type guy, which i would be all for giving up. Especially if our 1st is in the late 20s, which hopefully/should be. Boedker is only 25 and is an RFA and will probably cost a good amount at the end of the year but would be a great piece to have going into the future.

Hanzal will cost alot too and is at best a 2nd line center, more of what we have. I still like him and at 6'6 is the size we could use.

Vermette would be nice too but I've heard on different sites he is going to cost a good bit. Bruins might be throwing Seth Griffith in the trade for him if they make the move. Griffith is a very good prospect and comparatively wouldn't want to give up a prospect like that for Antoine.

I want Boedker.

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
aOnly players i see being added to our roster is a 3rd/4th line guy with some experience and plays hard and has a very physical edge. We don't have that on our roster. Preferably a guy who can score a little too and play with Goose and Nystrom

Fantasy is adding a guy like Staal or Thorton but its stupid to give up any roster pieces. Would give up prospects not named Fiala and picks though

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I wrote the Poile profile. When the team needed to make the playoffs they made a small move. When they were firmly in a playoff spot they would make a medium sized move. I hope Poile makes multiple small moves for backup goal and build the 3rd line

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
i think Drew Stafford is a realistic option

Maybe but you know Buffalo will push for the highest draft pick they can get for him. Would do B Prospect + 3rd + 5th, such a deadline move.

Forsberg - Ribiero -Neal/Smith
Wilson - Fisher - Smith/Neal
Cullen/Stalberg/Jokinen - Jarnkrok - Stafford
Nystrom - Goose - Beck/Bourque/Jokinen

Lot of ifs in some winger spots, if we could dump one of Jokinen or Stalberg our roster would be complete

Mypetrobot

sua sponte
Jun 22, 2013
Back up goal and 3rd line is moves that will bring a deep run?
There's already a Hutton thread, but stafford would be a good pick depending on price. UFA, so maybe a 2015 2nd rounder and/or prospect?

Mypetrobot

sua sponte
Jun 22, 2013
Maybe but you know Buffalo will push for the highest draft pick they can get for him. Would do B Prospect + 3rd + 5th, such a deadline move.

Forsberg - Ribiero -Neal/Smith
Wilson - Fisher - Smith/Neal
Cullen/Stalberg/Jokinen - Jarnkrok - Stafford
Nystrom - Goose - Beck/Bourque/Jokinen

Lot of ifs in some winger spots, if we could dump one of Jokinen or Stalberg our roster would be complete

Eh. I'd like to see Cullen gone at 38 but he has won a cup and with PL I believe. Good vet presence.
After that I'd play and rotate the bottom 6 as play dictates.

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I will say again you people are crazy if you think we need to spend an asset on a backup goalie.

if we are not playing Rinne in the playoffs, it doesnt matter who we have, we are screwed.

A lot depends on how far Poile thinks we can go. If he thinks this is a 'go for it" season I could see him trying to land a big name centerman and kicking Jokinen to the pressbox.. but truthfully, if no one is hurt, how much can you hope to add to a team thats already #1 in the league??

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I will say again you people are crazy if you think we need to spend an asset on a backup goalie.

if we are not playing Rinne in the playoffs, it doesnt matter who we have, we are screwed.

A lot depends on how far Poile thinks we can go. If he thinks this is a 'go for it" season I could see him trying to land a big name centerman and kicking Jokinen to the pressbox.. but truthfully, if no one is hurt, how much can you hope to add to a team thats already #1 in the league??
Agree.

SeventyOneTN

Oct 26, 2009

To me, A top 6 Center only makes sense if it is young and a long term pickup.
Otherwise, I see a low risk, high reward 3rd line type player, or just a perceived steal is most likely IMHO.

Of course an injury could change that :shakehead

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I want a better backup to rest Rinne. The pipe dream would be to call St. Louis for MB.

If you want to rest Rinne, Hutton can play in that situation. As has been said numerous times on here, Hutton's issue is that he's only playing once every 2 or 3 weeks if that (or basically only when we have a back to back). Rinne likes to play as much as he can, which is not good for any backup goalie.

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
To me, A top 6 Center only makes sense if it is young and a long term pickup.
Otherwise, I see a low risk, high reward 3rd line type player, or just a perceived steal is most likely IMHO.

Of course an injury could change that :shakehead

well we'd either add a third line center or a better center and let Fisher be our third line center, but either way the end result is we kick Jokinen to the curb and strengthen the third line. thats what I see us doing at the deadline

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
If you want to rest Rinne, Hutton can play in that situation. As has been said numerous times on here, Hutton's issue is that he's only playing once every 2 or 3 weeks if that (or basically only when we have a back to back). Rinne likes to play as much as he can, which is not good for any backup goalie.

Completely disagree. Jon Blum syndrome running wild about this guy around here.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
At what expense? That's the problem.

Stop worrying about the expense, let's dream a little ok? Let's live on the edge for a few minutes and dream. It won't happen but how awesome would it be to have those guys on our roster going for a Cup, especially Doan who is such a class act and deserves a shot at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad