GDT: Trade Deadline Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
LOL, I'm at the bar on my lunch break and they have NHL network on and a picture of Tlusty popped up and underneath it said IN PLAY? in all caps.

dougiebrown

Oct 22, 2007
New Jersey
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 47s47 seconds ago
In addition to BOS, PIT is trying to get in on Hamhuis but we continue to believe, for now, Hamhuis not interested in waiving there.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
There's really nothing going on. No rumors either. I bet Drouin and Yakupov become guys that "could be traded at the draft." If you are either GM... if you don't get an offer you like, the players are young and RFA status when their contracts are up. No urgency to trade them now.

I do wonder, though, if we could be good trade partners with Tampa. Stempniak could be included for a deal around Drouin. Stemp takes up almost no prorated cap space and gives them a scoring option for the playoffs.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
There's really nothing going on. No rumors either. I bet Drouin and Yakupov become guys that "could be traded at the draft." If you are either GM... if you don't get an offer you like, the players are young and RFA status when their contracts are up. No urgency to trade them now.

Unless GM's believe their value will drop if they dont move them

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
sounds like the same casuals who think Kinkaid should start every game and Larsson is still a bust

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Remember that some deals may only be reported half an hour or even an hour or two after the deadline hits. Paperwork can take awhile.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

I do wonder, though, if we could be good trade partners with Tampa. Stempniak could be included for a deal around Drouin. Stemp takes up almost no prorated cap space and gives them a scoring option for the playoffs.

Yzerman clearly wants long term and a big return and I there really is no reason for him to rush this if he isn't liking the returns. Drouin can ***** and moan everyday. He is still Tampa's Property.

Yak. His value is down but imagine the oilers still want to try and get the best offer possible so again waiting makes some sense.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
I know TB controls Drouin but geez if the kid doesnt come back and play and they wait till the draft to move him he isnt going to be worth that much. He will have sat out of hockey for half a season. That will dive value no matter how good you are.

Right now is the best chance for TB to get good value for him i feel.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Yeah I don't see a happy ending to the Drouin story. Yzerman is going to have to take a lesser return. If he doesn't get traded, is he all of a sudden going to report to Syracuse and be happy? Are the Bolts going to put him back in the lineup with a bunch of players that have earned their spots without whining and complaining?

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
man, kovy really IS about the money

Almost can't blame Kovy to wait as I doubt there was any clear path back to the NHL this season anyway.

Gelinas couldn't get in the lineup over Helgeson in a crucial stretch of games. Pretty clear that if he's going to turn into anything it wont happen here IMO.

Lots of other guys knocking at the door too - Santini could be up next year, Hrabarenka, Mozik...

Would've liked to have gotten a forward prospect back in return, but 3rd rounder is fair value.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I know TB controls Drouin but geez if the kid doesnt come back and play and they wait till the draft to move him he isnt going to be worth that much. He will have sat out of hockey for half a season. That will dive value no matter how good you are.

A few months isn't going to crater his value. His attitude is already well in the open and teams have a decent handle on what he is and potentially could be.

Teams will be more willing to fork over a first after the lotto is what Yzerman is most likely thinking.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio

The longer Drouin sits out the worse things get for him. But the fact of the matter is at this point it's not just about the value for Yzerman. If he needs to stick it to this kid in order to prove he's not going to get pushed around as a GM, that might be worth more to him than the value he could get for Drouin in trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad