GDT: Trade Deadline Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
With less than 24 hours left, it's officially Deadline Day even if the calendar doesn't say Monday yet.

Since this is deadline day and things are going to be busy let's remember don't post any unconfirmed trades or pass off rumors as fact unless there's a reputable source cited either via TV/radio or Twitter. If you intentionally pass off phony unsourced or fake sourced rumors as fact you will be punished with infractions, a thread ban or both

Trades from other teams and speculation on our team can go here, actual Devil trades can get their own Confirmed With Link thread.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
2016 Trade Deadline Thread part II

A good start point:

So as we compile rumors:

Gelinas, Stempniak, Schlemko, Kennedy, Tootoo, and Kennedy are available.

Desired return for Stempniak is a 2nd round pick.

Devils inquiring about Pirri from Florida.

Devils are interested in Drouin.

The price for Yakupov is very low.
--------------------------

At this point I'd rather keep Gelinas. He's not going to get any kind of decent return. Who has even been scouting him? He hasn't been playing.

Drouin is probably going to cost A LOT. Yakupov might be the easier "get."

I don't know enough about Pirri to have an opinion on whether we should go for him or not.

With Stempniak, I haven't seen teams trade players at the deadline only to re-sign them in the offseason. That being said, we don't have players that will put up those kinds of numbers next season. Think we should keep him?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm assuming that it's unconfirmed that we're interested in Drouin and inquiring about Pirri?

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I wish I could've gotten in on that making the GDT action, but three's a bit of a crowd :laugh:

Just a gut feeling but I think Shero will be pretty active tomorrow.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm assuming that it's unconfirmed that we're interested in Drouin and inquiring about Pirri?

Rumors and speculation can be freely discussed so long as that's specified as such. I just don't want people jumping the gun and saying we traded for player X when some random Twitter person says we did.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Might as well edit my post:

Is this Lawless guy credible? I don't even think I've heard of him before.

But I do like what I'm reading from him, if it's legit.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Yakupov and Drouin make sense. They are young and have offensive potential. I'm hoping we acquire one of them tmw, of course Drouin will cost more and rightly so. Would prefer to grab him. Stempniak could be apart of the return for Tampa since they are a contender. Probably Severson as well. Could be multiple pieces if thats the direction they go. Yak I would assume would be less complex.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I wish I could've gotten in on that making the GDT action, but three's a bit of a crowd :laugh:

Just a gut feeling but I think Shero will be pretty active tomorrow.

Yeah I think we're all checking every three seconds tonight while we still have time, except for those of us lucky enough/obsessed enough to have off tomorrow :laugh:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Lawless is one of the Jets' beat writers, so he is definitely credible.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Rumors and speculation can be freely discussed so long as that's specified as such. I just don't want people jumping the gun and saying we traded for player X when some random Twitter person says we did.

I just was unsure on if it was speculation or actually confirmed, until Zippy edited and posted the tweets.

I've been a little behind today.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I would love to get one of Drouin (definitely being shopped), Yakupov (probably being shopped), or Nichuskin (maybe being shopped) but I have to believe those are more likely to be draft day deals at this point.

If Stemp and two of Kennedy/Tootoo/Gelinas are gone by this time tomorrow I'll consider deadline say a success.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So I'm guessing Ruutu is considered a core guy for us?:sarcasm:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I really don't want Pirri, he's not that good, i wouldn't give up much of worth for him at all.

Better than everyone that played in our bottom 6 this season.

I know that's not exactly a high bar to meet or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad