GDT: Trade Deadline Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
I would love to get one of Drouin (definitely being shopped), Yakupov (probably being shopped), or Nichuskin (maybe being shopped) but I have to believe those are more likely to be draft day deals at this point.

If Stemp and two of Kennedy/Tootoo/Gelinas are gone by this time tomorrow I'll consider deadline say a success.

Love all these thoughts
IF there is ANY way to flip Stemp + for a first
Move it to Tampa
I know no way blah blah blah
Sevs for Drouin still hurts too much

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I would love to get one of Drouin (definitely being shopped), Yakupov (probably being shopped), or Nichuskin (maybe being shopped) but I have to believe those are more likely to be draft day deals at this point.

If Stemp and two of Kennedy/Tootoo/Gelinas are gone by this time tomorrow I'll consider deadline say a success.

If just Tootoo is gone, that will be a success.

I have to believe that no one wants him or Kennedy though. Last year's Havlat and Ryder I would have to believe we were more. They had a reputation and were still decent players just a year earlier. Tootoo was playing the AHL 2 or 3 years ago, after initially washing out of the league.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Yeah I think we're all checking every three seconds tonight while we still have time, except for those of us lucky enough/obsessed enough to have off tomorrow :laugh:

Doesn't everyone have tomorrow off, I thought it was a holiday. At least that's what I've been telling myself for the past few years :sarcasm:

Deadline day, draft day and to a lesser extent free agency day are my favourite days of the hockey year

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Meh I'd rather keep him than take a mid round pick.

Unless Ray has plans for a better defenseman to be signed next year than him in UFA.

I don't want a defense of Larsson, Greene, Merrill, Severson, Moore, Helgeson next year. Need another vet back there.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

Unless Ray has plans for a better defenseman to be signed next year than him in UFA.

I don't want a defense of Larsson, Greene, Merrill, Severson, Moore, Helgeson next year. Need another vet back there.

Agree

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
Stocking up on 2nd and 3rd round picks could help in moving up in the draft or making a Palmieri type trade. I wouldn't mind getting an extra pick or keeping Schlemko honestly. Kind of a win win if you ask me.

mike30

Jul 17, 2014
New York
Anyone else a little excited for the deadline tomorrow? Lots of things can happen, and we never heard about rumors when Lou was here. Hopefully shero pulls something out of his sleeve !

devilsfan35

Jun 15, 2015
Once we trade stempniak and schlemko who will score our goals?

Should I order my puljujarvi jersey now?

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL

Not only do we need to keep Schlemko, I'd argue we need to add another defenseman as well. None of Merrill, Severson, and Moore are ready to anchor their own pairing. We either need a guy to partner with Greene to make Larsson available or vice versa.

Anaheim is cap crunched and I would be VERY eager to pry Sami Vatanen away from them. If we don't have the assets for that, make a low-key mid pairing UFA add like Goligoski or Diaz.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Shouldn't we just sign Stemp to a 2-yr deal instead of dealing hom for. 50-60 pick overall?

They have the luxury of doing that if they think the return is too cheap. Honestly I'm okay with a third rounder, I wasn't expecting any more than that from Schlemko. A fourth rounder's really meh especially if it's from a team like the Hawks or Kings, that's more like an early fifth.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Not only do we need to keep Schlemko, I'd argue we need to add another defenseman as well. None of Merrill, Severson, and Moore are ready to anchor their own pairing. We either need a guy to partner with Greene to make Larsson available or vice versa.

Anaheim is cap crunched and I would be VERY eager to pry Sami Vatanen away from them. If we don't have the assets for that, make a low-key mid pairing UFA add like Goligoski or Diaz.

I'd be okay with something like that too.

I know everyone likes him here, but I don't see Seth Helgeson as an every night defenseman in the NHL. He's a #7 guy to me at best. I even said this last year.

I see him as a Mark Fraser type and by that, I don't mean that he's as BAD as Fraser. I mean that he seems like he'd be in the role that Fraser was for us for most of his first tenure. An extra defenseman, that can be in for a longer set of games when there's injuries.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hopefully no one..I want a great pick.

Oh god, this again?

If Cory plays better than he has the last two weeks and snaps out of his mini slump, that will mean losing games in OT/shootout 2-1.

We were too good for the first 55 games of the year to make it to the bottom 5.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
If we miss the playoffs, which is looking likely, I'd be thrilled if we finished just outside them and won one of the draft lotteries. Would be a great troll job.

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
If we miss the playoffs, which is looking likely, I'd be thrilled if we finished just outside them and won one of the draft lotteries. Would be a great troll job.

Would still be a hell of a lot better than seeing the Oilers at the podium again, or the Sabres, or the tanking Leafs...just somebody different that's preferably not in our division

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I'd be okay with something like that too.

I know everyone likes him here, but I don't see Seth Helgeson as an every night defenseman in the NHL. He's a #7 guy to me at best. I even said this last year.

I see him as a Mark Fraser type and by that, I don't mean that he's as BAD as Fraser. I mean that he seems like he'd be in the role that Fraser was for us for most of his first tenure. An extra defenseman, that can be in for a longer set of games when there's injuries.

I agree. Helgeson isn't an every night guy. Good stopgap and a useful guy to have, but I don't think he'll be an NHL regular.

I'm happy with the way our young defense is developing but it's not quite set yet, we need another guy. If it's just temporary and Santini is that guy in 1-2 years, I can live with that. If we can add a legit top guy without giving much up, even better.

I think our problems at forward are amplified by the fact our best passers/puck movers are either playing absurd defensive minutes or playing with incompetent partners. If we could free them up and get more production from the back end it would be a huge boost to our team scoring.

Schlemko can be a big part of that going forward.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Oh god, this again?

If Cory plays better than he has the last two weeks and snaps out of his mini slump, that will mean losing games in OT/shootout 2-1.

We were too good for the first 55 games of the year to make it to the bottom 5.

When Schlemko and Stempniak are gone, this will be literally worse than the worst offense in the league lol. We are clearly not making the playoffs..I'd rather lose a lot of games than barely miss the 8 seed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad