Speculation: Trade Deadline Countdown [MOD Warning in OP, Page 21]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
i watch it every year. get up at 7ish, and follow what's happening all day. Problem is that I don't have cable this time :(

Does TSN stream the show on their site?

L13

Oct 1, 2015
If we're trying to dump Russell on Dallas for prospects, give me Roope Hintz and a draft pick.

I speculate Treliving was trying to trade Russell for Murray, by the way, but Pittsburgh wanted a good prospect on top/flat out shut him down. Their defensive depth is abysmal, but Murray is far too good a prospect to be traded.

Last edited:

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Well with last nights loss the Flames are now down to 2.9% chance to make the playoffs.

This should make Brad's job very easy at the deadline. If the Flames can get an offer on any non-core player he will have to take a serious look at it.

Players like Colborne, Granlund, Jooris, Ferland, Bouma, Backlund, and Nakladal might be in demand with the right teams.

Treliving is actively pursuing a goaltender for next year with Subban and Murray having tires being kicked. Bernier appears to be Brad's fall back position.

There may even be a few big surprise trades. Things will not be slow for the Flames.

It is not a complete fire sale but Brad this year has the luxury of clearing pieces that don't fit.

Now if only we could find a buyer for Hartley.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I really hope all of Hudler, Jones, Colborne, Jooris, and Russell are dealt. Would like to see Wideman dealt if the price is decent.

I'd keep Backlund. I still think he's overrated, but the Flames center depth would be destroyed without him.

I want to see Nakladal get more time, and look at re-signing him. Recall Agostino/Hamilton, and either Grant or Hathaway. Give the 4 of them some time.

Edit: Forgot about Shore.

Role with these lines for the rest of the season.

Gaudreau - Bennett - Frolik
Bouma - Monahan - Ferland
Agostino - Backlund - ???
Bollig - Stajan - ???

??? is any of Hamilton/Shore/Hathaway/Grant

or

Gaudreau - Monahan - Ferland
Bennett - Backlund - Frolik
Bouma - Grant/Stajan/Shore - Agostino/Hamilton
Bollig or one of the recalls - Stajan/Grant/Shore - Hamilton/Agostino

Gio - Brodie
Hamilton - Engelland/Smid
Tspoon - Nakladal

Shooter tutor / Ortio

Last edited:

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
So... Polak returned two seconds?

:laugh:

Oh yes, this should be a good deadline for us.

To be fair I view it as the following:

Polak = 2nd+4th
Spaling= 4th

Polak+Spaling = 2nd+3rd

Taking Torres bumps up the 3rd to another 2nd.

Or you can also view it as Polak is worth a 2nd+3rd (Glencross special) and then those other two things bump it up.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
That's a good return for Toronto.

I think I mentioned it earlier. Russell is going to get Calgary a nice return. I don't care what this forum says, GMs are going to pay to get this guy. His can anchor your bottom pairing and can play top 4 if pressed too. He'd be a perfect pickup for a real contender.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Yeah, if that's the return for a guy like Polak, Russell should get a significant amount as well. Even if Polak was packaged with Spaling, I would think that Russell could get two 2nd rounders by himself if that's the going rate.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Yeah, if that's the return for a guy like Polak, Russell should get a significant amount as well. Even if Polak was packaged with Spaling, I would think that Russell could get two 2nd rounders by himself if that's the going rate.

Don't discount the value of taking back a bad contract. It likely turned the deal from 2 3rds to 2nds.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
That's a good return for Toronto.

I think I mentioned it earlier. Russell is going to get Calgary a nice return. I don't care what this forum says, GMs are going to pay to get this guy. His can anchor your bottom pairing and can play top 4 if pressed too. He'd be a perfect pickup for a real contender.

Chicago looked pretty weak against Minny. Plus I think LA has stated an interest in Kris. Fingers crossed for Kempe or Dano.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Chicago looked pretty weak against Minny. Plus I think LA has stated an interest in Kris. Fingers crossed for Kempe or Dano.

If Calgary retains 50% on both Russell and Hudler I can see each getting a 1st and a b level prospect or a blue chip prospect and a 4th.

Ladd's current offer is a 1st and a good prospect....And Chevy wants more. Hudler is not far behind Ladd in terms of quality... and they are tied for points. I actually think Hudler is more versatile.

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
Don't discount the value of taking back a bad contract. It likely turned the deal from 2 3rds to 2nds.

The Torres contract doesn't bump it at all. He's UFA at the end of the year. Likely just a contract swap for the trade.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
If Calgary retains 50% on both Russell and Hudler I can see each getting a 1st and a b level prospect or a blue chip prospect and a 4th.

Ladd's current offer is a 1st and a good prospect....And Chevy wants more. Hudler is not far behind Ladd in terms of quality... and they are tied for points. I actually think Hudler is more versatile.

Ladd's physicality is always going to be of more interest to a playoff style game.

Hudler brings more offense no doubt, and is more versatile in that he plays all three positions (wing best though obviously).

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Ladd's physicality is always going to be of more interest to a playoff style game.

Hudler brings more offense no doubt, and is more versatile in that he plays all three positions (wing best though obviously).

The trade I would love to see would be Hudler and Poirier for Rantanen ... Can't see Colorado ever doing it but one can dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad