Trade Deadline 23/24

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Looks like there still may be some stuff in the queue - this just popped up on the Media Notes

1704909232124.png

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
DeGray said he was involved in “a lot” of deals “but came up short”. He noted one particular deal he thought was done, but then the player involved became part of a bigger package put together for “a ridiculous price”.

This has gotta be Sale no? Open import spot and there was a hold up for a few hours before that deal with Kitchener became official.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
He noted one particular deal he thought was done, but then the player involved became part of a bigger package put together for “a ridiculous price”.

This has gotta be Sale no?
I doubt it. It sounded like Seattle was the catalyst for that trade, and dictated the destination.

Reactions: Krangers08

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Wonder who that was then trying to read between the lines. Unless it was Donovan or Van Vleit

Could still have been the Sale deal because Degray said the player was inserted into a bigger deal. The player could have been Olivier Savard.

Reactions: User13452

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Sarnia. It's thought to have been Vilmanis.

I wouldn’t call that deal a ridiculous return though. It may be an example of a team having to use their 1st rounder because of lack of picks but those are three really solid OHL players.

EDIT:
After looking at that deal again, I think my initial assessment of it not being ridiculous was inaccurate. It was pretty ridiculous. Way too many picks added.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
I’m super happy the Generals didn’t do anything too dumb by giving away Danford or Bedkowski.

The Sandhu deal is mediocre - - the 3rd and 5th round picks could have been better spent next year when the team is a more realistic contender.

But the Sandhu trade is a much better deal that the Punnett/Stewart deal.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
Had fun talking OHL with a bunch of you over the past few days!

@OMG67 you were right in your speculation on Mayich. 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 4th was 100% tabled as a doable return for Mayich from what I heard. The hold up was the corresponding move that couldn't get done. They were never trading Mayich outright like that.

Would've loved that extra layer of fun to transpire, but oh well.

Best of luck to all contending teams!

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Had fun talking OHL with a bunch of you over the past few days!

@OMG67 you were right in your speculation on Mayich. 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 4th was 100% tabled as a doable return for Mayich from what I heard. The hold up was the corresponding move that couldn't get done. They were never trading Mayich outright like that.

Would've loved that extra layer of fun to transpire, but oh well.

Best of luck to all contending teams!

It was the only thing that made sense for that deal to happen. It would be interesting to find out what that deal was…

If I had to guess, it was the Sale/Savard deal….

mattommy98

Apr 3, 2023
This just in, Darren Dedobbelaer left several voicemails at the OHL head office. His phone was set to PST. Wasn't by accident though, as he wanted to know how it felt to live in the mountains. What could have been.
Hmmmmm what education packages can I quickly get rid of.. team performance who cares ! Money is all I care about “dd”

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Great trade season. Now that we see everybody’s moves and upcoming picks, can we start speculating on next year’s buyers?!
East:
Kingston
Brantford
Mississauga
Sudbury
Barrie?

West
Guelph
Flint
London
Erie?
Flint?

Reactions: Section5Petes

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Great trade season. Now that we see everybody’s moves and upcoming picks, can we start speculating on next year’s buyers?!
East:
Kingston
Brantford
Mississauga
Sudbury
Barrie?

West
Guelph
Flint
London
Erie?
Flint?
Don’t see Sudbury buying next year

Reactions: OMG67

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
East:
Kingston
Brantford
Mississauga
Sudbury
Barrie?

West
Guelph
Flint
London
Erie?
Flint?

If Oshawa was buying this year, they’ll definitely be buying next year.

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Once againI I agree with Donnie 740. I was concerned the Gens were going to move an '06 to the Petes, as rumoured but thankfully they didn't, especially Bedkowski and Danford. Sometimes the best moves you make are the moves you dob't make!

Reactions: Donnie740

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Peterborough had a fantastic deadline as it was - - had they managed to pilfer an 06 defenceman from Oshawa, these next few years would have been very painful for Generals fans.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Sarnia. It's thought to have been Vilmanis.
I can see Vilmanis (with Misiak not for trade) as being the only import for NB and OS. But that would be an odd statement for DeGray to make he set the price for a #4 D and 3rd line F at a 16 yr old and a 3rd.

Reactions: OMG67

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad