Trade Deadline 23/24

ddiclem

Nov 7, 2013
Ontario
Rough day for from sources after a good start, but I have at least some clarification on a few things:

Xhekaj to Wolves
-was close with Protz involved, and then Van Vliet became the focus instead and it came together quickly. It was close under similar framework for Xhekaj. Sudbury had been looking to aim higher on D too.

Topp to Petes
-Strochack just came together first. Petes still have one player card left, and the priority appears to be an '06 D, so Topp isn't completely out the question to get done still. He was a target in a Melee deal before Guelph opted for Veccia. Bedkowski has also been brought up.

Mayich to Rangers
-don't really know what to say. I agree with the others saying that never made sense from Ottawa's POV. Id imagine the Sale cost dipped into that too. I have my doubts about this happening at all, but had literally heard 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 4th originally.
Does Sudbury still target a D or F tomorrow. They still have 2nds and 3rds available to trade

ColtsNLeafs

Jul 20, 2022
Have you seen the Bulldogs picks on the data base? 20 second and thirds from 2025-2028 draft. They did pretty well I'd say as well. Next year they will make a push and will be able to buy a ton. They will need too because Missy will be the team to beat.

WJ
Sorry I should have included the Bulldogs 100%

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Bedkowski would be much better than Topp for the Petes. I heard Oshawa was getting Sandu from Guelph maybe that makes Bedkowski available?

Oshawa has been using only five defencemen for pretty much the entire season. Rodriguez and McDonnell only get a few shifts when they play.

So the Genersls could definitely add another without having to deal Bedkowski.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Out of curiosity, can an import be traded who hasn’t reported yet? Who a team holds the rights to?

In other words, can Kitchener trade the rights to ‘23 import draft pick Tomas Pobezal?

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Hearing Oshawa will be bringing in a 05 Defensemen and shipping out a 06 Defensemen in 2 different trades in the morning.

Surely to God they wouldn’t consider trading Ben Danford. Not only is he their best defenceman, he’s quite possibly a first round pick in this year’s NHL draft which means an influx of cash for the franchise.

If Danford is traded, everyone associated with the team should be immediately fired.

I’d fully support trading Lucas Rodriguez - - he’s barely seen the ice in two seasons and nobody would even notice he was gone.

I’d be ok with trading Fraser McDonnell, although I rate him significantly higher than Rodriguez. Really like his physical game and he can be a useful OHL defenceman if given the opportunity for some ice time.

That leaves David Bedkowski. I hate the idea of trading him. Unless they’re getting a better defenceman to replace him AND also upgrading draft picks, it makes ZERO sense to get older and lose a year of eligibility. Bedkowski is also a December birthday which adds to his value.

This has the potential to be a very dumb idea by Oshawa.

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
only names i could think of the hounds would be interested in :
tniias mathhurin ( north bay )
michael buchinger ( guelph )
stevie leskovar ( miss )
derek smyth ( ott)
taos jordan ( os )
owen mcdonald ( sarnia )
thomas budnick ( gue )
spencer sova ( erie )
ryan vannetten ( niagra )
cedric okitunda ( brantford )

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I would kick a trash can across the locker room

I really like how the Gens are shaping up. The team will be competitive the remainder of the year, will battle for a 2nd round appearance and will return almost all of the roster next year. Roobrook being the only potential graduate. Actually, I think Kumpalainen will likely play AHL next year. That would be a big loss TBH. He would have been a good candidate to move out if the comp was right.

The draft pick cabinet could be a little better heading into 2024 but other than that, I think things are starting to look up at this point.

Reactions: Section5Petes

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
I really like how the Gens are shaping up. The team will be competitive the remainder of the year, will battle for a 2nd round appearance and will return almost all of the roster next year. Roobrook being the only potential graduate. Actually, I think Kumpalainen will likely play AHL next year. That would be a big loss TBH. He would have been a good candidate to move out if the comp was right.

The draft pick cabinet could be a little better heading into 2024 but other than that, I think things are starting to look up at this point.
I believe the word around the office is Oshawa expects Kumpulainen back next year.

Roobroeck MAY play AHL but needs to be signed first.

donjohnson

Jan 29, 2013
Out of curiosity, can an import be traded who hasn’t reported yet? Who a team holds the rights to?

In other words, can Kitchener trade the rights to ‘23 import draft pick Tomas Pobezal?
From what I was told, the Spirit were hoping to do this last year. They hoped that Mintuykov stayed at Anaheim camp for a while so they could sign Misiak (or Hauser) and trade him and then let Mintuykov be returned to us. We were able to draft two high picks that year because Mintuykov and Sapovaliv were both potentials to go to the NHL. Mintuykov did not stick around for very long and so the plan fell through and Misiak went back to the import draft and was picked #1 by Erie.

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
I believe the word around the office is Oshawa expects Kumpulainen back next year.

Roobroeck MAY play AHL but needs to be signed first.

Wolves should be all in on Roobroeck if he's made available

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad