GDT: Trade Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clearedwaivers

Feb 27, 2017
Fingers crossed for another deadline day that returns us the likes of Martinsen, Ott, and King. But I'm totally not expecting it, because those guys were only added when the idea was to win.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The Leafs? Ouch! :laugh:

I'm thinking Max ends up with an under the radar team like New Jersey and we end up with a right handed center who's not exactly top 6 material but we never have top 6 centers in Montreal. Got to continue the tradition.

That's definitely not an accurate representation of where he's most likely to land. :laugh:

Your Jersey prediction is interesting, I haven't seen it discussed. Knowing how Bergevin comes at you from left field all the time, why not.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Bob Mckenzie says he doubts Pacioretty gets traded today, unless something changes drastically

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Well if we look at our hoped for trade to Florida as a comparison.

A first, and I think Spooner is certainly the equivalent of Bjugstad, maybe a bit better. So if Florida wanted to unload Max in a year that is at least what they could get because Patches is better than Nash.

So Patches gives you 2 play offs and is better than Nash. Easy that should get us a top prospect in terms of value in addition to a better first and Bjugstad. For Florida Patches has the home and family connection so they know they would have a great chance at resigning him.

Florida is a real good trading partner. Hope Tallon and MB feel the same way.

Dont like the LA talk. If Vilardi is off the table nothing to discuss. To be honest, dont like Vilardis skating issues. Doesnt mean he cant be something, but in our defensive system, how does he get back to play D properly if his skating is an issue ? Like Ribiero.

Otherwise sounds like Minnie, Blues are out. Canes may also not make a move because of Jordan Staals trajedy.

I've got to think Florida is in play for MaxPac but can't discount LAK just yet.

What's making this exercise particularly difficult is how MB is insisting on a top center coming back. It's not a stretch to think he'd already have him moved if it was solely about getting the best package available.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
I don’t think Karlsonn or Pacioretty get moved today.

Kane,Maroon and McDonaugh will be big names moved.

Habs aren’t done. Not sure what they do but they won’t be quiet. Schlemko for a 5th. Buh bye, hopefully Shaw gone too

Reactions: dralaf

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Fingers crossed for another deadline day that returns us the likes of Martinsen, Ott, and King. But I'm totally not expecting it, because those guys were only added when the idea was to win.

Just imagine what would have happened if they were looking to add guys when the idea is to lose. It would probably be the same guys.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Prediction: Nothing big will happen on Habs front. We have been prepared WAY too much for Pacioretty to stay put, so he will. For me, ideal situations whether it's now or this summer, is to see some Pacioretty movement. And Shaw and....Price. But all this with another GM than what we have. But only Pacioretty will move this summer. And with Bergevin as GM. In the words of a Republican....thoughts and prayers.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Habs aren’t done. Not sure what they do but they won’t be quiet. Schlemko for a 5th. Buh bye, hopefully Shaw gone too

Do you think San Jose might want Schlemko back? Since they lost him at the expansion draft, who knows if they still like the guy for a 3rd or 4th round pick.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Prediction: Nothing big will happen on Habs front. We have been prepared WAY too much for Pacioretty to stay put, so he will. For me, ideal situations whether it's now or this summer, is to see some Pacioretty movement. And Shaw and....Price. But all this with another GM than what we have. But only Pacioretty will move this summer. And with Bergevin as GM. In the words of a Republican....thoughts and prayers.

Who knew Boston was going to be so generous in the Nash deal. Who should have known is Bergevin -- I wonder if the Habs even made an attempt with them.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
What if there aren't any good offers? Do you really want Pacioretty traded for a late 1st + C prospect just for the sake of making a trade?
How about for the sake of getting a Center, did that not crossed your mind at all?!?

How about 2 pea brain Bergevin what goes around his head? It would be a lot different with a fire lit up his arse, but Molson's brain is about 1 pea more developed.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Bob Mckenzie says he doubts Pacioretty gets traded today, unless something changes drastically

I agree with Bob but there will be teams to move in at last moment after some plans fail for them. Hard to say if they pay our asking price or close to it though.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
It's way too early in the day to make declarations. Bob can have his doubts but he doesn't know everything.

My feeling is 50/50 on Pacioretty going. I could see it going either way but other moves from other teams may influence or changes teams plans.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
How about for the sake of getting a Center, did that not crossed your mind at all?!?

How about 2 pea brain Bergevin what goes around his head? It would be a lot different with a fire lit up his arse, but Molson's brain is about 1 pea more developed.

Which center are we supposed to be getting? Or do you mean drafting one with a late first? We can still trade Pacioretty for picks + prospects at the draft, and no contending team will give us a young, top-6 center for Pacioretty at the deadline. It doesn't make sense.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
We’re not going to get a better return than today in a Pacioretty trade.
I agree, two playoff runs. Won’t get same value at draft. Will be considered a rental at the draft.

Plus teams will be more cautious too later on knowing what his number will be asking for in an extension.

Reactions: OldCraig71

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I've got to think Florida is in play for MaxPac but can't discount LAK just yet.

What's making this exercise particularly difficult is how MB is insisting on a top center coming back. It's not a stretch to think he'd already have him moved if it was solely about getting the best package available.

Wait. You think MB is holding out for a young established Centre? We arent getting that for damn sure. Has to be young unestablished guy like Eriksson Ek , or a top prospect like Borgstrom. We are not getying Barzal lol.

If you are right then MB is going to screw this up by getting us someone we dont need like a Pageau, or he will do nothing at all, which blows this great opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad