GDT: Trade Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
It's a long list of players that the Habs could trade, and while I don't see them all going, I think we'll see at least a few trades today.

Hopefully we see the big one with Pacioretty.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Petry will most likely move in the summer. Right now, he has a full NMC, but as of July 1st to the end of his contract, it's Modified-NTC, where he lists 15 teams he can't be traded to. It will make it much easier to move him as of this summer.

However, if anything, Petry is free now. He's been on fire since Weber's been out of the line-up.

Why would we move Petry? If you move Petry then sell them all at that point....

The guy is flying out there after a so-so start of the season, having a career year. probably one of our best players this season.

Weber+Petry on the right side as a 1 and 2 is pretty decent IMO.

With Juulsen looking pretty good out there we're pretty much set on the right side for the next couple of years.

It's the left side that needs help.

Reactions: jfm133

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Why would we move Petry? If you move Petry then sell them all at that point....

The guy is flying out there after a so-so start of the season, having a career year. probably one of our best players this season.

Weber+Petry on the right side as a 1 and 2 is pretty decent IMO.

With Juulsen looking pretty good out there we're pretty much set on the right side for the next couple of years.

It's the left side that needs help.

I agree. I think Petry's flying out there right now. I would like to keep him. But his value is high right now so the return could be worth it.

Gabriiel40

Dec 13, 2017
I agree. I think Petry's flying out there right now. I would like to keep him. But his value is high right now so the return could be worth it.

But who do you replace him with? Not like we really have anyone that could easily take his place as it stands. Maybe Boqvist or someone of that caliber after the draft but it seems they may take a year or two to have an impact in the NHL.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Steven Finn on TVA Spanre suggesting that Bergevin must have been salivating when he saw what the Rags raked in for Nash and how Pacioretty has greater attributes. He believes Pacioretty will move today.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
But who do you replace him with? Not like we really have anyone that could easily take his place as it stands. Maybe Boqvist or someone of that caliber after the draft but it seems they may take a year or two to have an impact in the NHL.

This is a move you make if you go for a retool. And it's not a move I'd make lightly, but one I would still explore.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Almost every year there's those dumb GM giving up good pick for bad players, time to unload the crap.
When players like Weaver, Drewiske, Mitchell, Allen, Flynn, Ott, King can get good picks.....i'm sure there's a dumb GM to take on them.

Unless there's onyl one in MTL.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
This market went from a buyers market to a sellers market. I say strike while the iron is hot. No telling what the trade market will be at the draft and many a deal had died on the draft room floor.

Reactions: dinodebino

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Juulsen.

RJJ

Jul 24, 2014
Ottawa
Trade Deadline has been a bust the past couple years, I think this year might be a really busy one. Hope Bergevin keeps piling up picks and prospects. We have needed to restock the cupboards for sometime. My only hope is that Galchenyuk isn't one of his trades but I think he might be. Keep all the young guys and dump as many vets as possible.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I'd be surprised if Oilers give up a 1st for someone. They'll be soft sellers. A playoff team would throw a 1st for Byron.

Not a first. I meant that they would be intersted in him. Should have been clearer. With a guy like Byron I would try to put him in a package to get something bigger.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Habs are in a really good position today. Long list of pieces to sell, some small and some big. They are well under the contract limit and tons of cap space.

This could be a big day for Bergevin, let's hope he takes advantage.

He needs to use that cap space like the Leafs did during their rebuild.

Gabriiel40

Dec 13, 2017

Id say he at least needs a year on the 3rd pair to get used to the NHL speed and then he would be ready for 2nd line duties and minutes but then again im usually more reserved when slotting in prospects on opening night rosters.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Id say he at least needs a year on the 3rd pair to get used to the NHL speed and then he would be ready for 2nd line duties and minutes but then again im usually more reserved when slotting in prospects on opening night rosters.
I'm more reserved about slotting cones and trash cans. Juulsen will be there. ;)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I hope there is a huge move today and Pacioretty is traded.

$

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
The Leafs? Ouch! :laugh:

I'm thinking Max ends up with an under the radar team like New Jersey and we end up with a right handed center who's not exactly top 6 material but we never have top 6 centers in Montreal. Got to continue the tradition.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Steven Finn on TVA Spanre suggesting that Bergevin must have been salivating when he saw what the Rags raked in for Nash and how Pacioretty has greater attributes. He believes Pacioretty will move today.

Well if we look at our hoped for trade to Florida as a comparison.

A first, and I think Spooner is certainly the equivalent of Bjugstad, maybe a bit better. So if Florida wanted to unload Max in a year that is at least what they could get because Patches is better than Nash.

So Patches gives you 2 play offs and is better than Nash. Easy that should get us a top prospect in terms of value in addition to a better first and Bjugstad. For Florida Patches has the home and family connection so they know they would have a great chance at resigning him.

Florida is a real good trading partner. Hope Tallon and MB feel the same way.

Dont like the LA talk. If Vilardi is off the table nothing to discuss. To be honest, dont like Vilardis skating issues. Doesnt mean he cant be something, but in our defensive system, how does he get back to play D properly if his skating is an issue ? Like Ribiero.

Otherwise sounds like Minnie, Blues are out. Canes may also not make a move because of Jordan Staals trajedy.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Juulsen is 2 or 3 years away of coming close to what Petry's able to bring right now.

And I'm not even sure Juulsen has Petry's offense in him.
That's a good thing, Petry's offense is everything you don't want on defense. I'd rather cut the cord now.

Edit: or this summer, if it makes more sense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad