GDT: Trade Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabriiel40

Dec 13, 2017
I'm hoping to find a stream to keep track of the trades. Lucky that I don't have anything to do till late tonight.

The Price is Right

Jul 3, 2008
I hope there is a huge move today and Pacioretty is traded. If Rangers got so much from Nash, I am sure we can trade Pacioretty for a first rounder, a prospect and a young NHLer like a Charlie Coyle

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
In a perfect world,

Pacioretty
Schlemko
Niemi
Shaw
DLR
Morrow
Hemsky

All gone

I like Byron, great example for the kids. I also like Petry we still need someone to play during the rebuild, Alzner is also not that bad.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

Gabriiel40

Dec 13, 2017
Also, is it just me or are the Habs really good at turning 4th liners into like 3rd liners...as in once 4th liners come here they usually improve like Dlo.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
In a perfect world,

Pacioretty
Schlemko
Niemi
Shaw
DLR
Morrow
Hemsky

All gone

I like Byron, great example for the kids. I also like Petry we still need someone to play during the rebuild, Alzner is also not that bad.
That's a big list...........let's a couple are moved for picks...and Max grabs us some serious value.

Can we trade Hemsky? He is hurt with a concussion, no?
That list sure does confirm MB has not been very good at his job the last 2-3 seasons...

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Even though I want more trades just for excitement sake I have no problem if they are done. Don't give in and get a sub par return for a 30g scorer on a sweetheart deal.

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
That's a big list...........let's a couple are moved for picks...and Max grabs us some serious value.

Can we trade Hemsky? He is hurt with a concussion, no?
That list sure does confirm MB has not been very good at his job the last 2-3 seasons...
Yes Hemsky and Morrow were for waivers

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Like every year, I'm expecting some of us will get fooled by fake twitter accounts. Even the broadcasters on TSN got caught last year.

All part of TDD fun.

As for who might be dangled, Byron could be an interesting candidate.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Free Petry !!

Petry will most likely move in the summer. Right now, he has a full NMC, but as of July 1st to the end of his contract, it's Modified-NTC, where he lists 15 teams he can't be traded to. It will make it much easier to move him as of this summer.

However, if anything, Petry is free now. He's been on fire since Weber's been out of the line-up.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
r66kl.gif

Das me.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Interesting exercise on the Rumor Board, they have a list of players on which posters are giving their probable outcome today.

In the list are MaxPac and Jordie Benn. A lot of posters have Benn going to Pittsburgh even if there aren't any rumors that have come up for him.

As for MaxPac, most posters have either the Habs staying put or going to LAK as the top options. Then you have Florida with quite a few votes, Sharks and Nashville. Habs' Forum own, vokiel and TheGreatSchlemko have contributed to the thread. Vokiel chose NJD for Pacioretty, now there's a destination we haven't seen.

And then posters also considered where the first trade would be coming from -- and for those of us in Eastern timezones, it's more likely to come from an Eastern team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad