Proposal: Trade Bouchard...

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
I think McDavid does a Crosby and extends at the same cap hit as his previous contract.

Sure, Crosby signed a longer contract but his previous one was shorter so they would end up around the same age if Connor signs 8 years.

That would be nice... if Jackson already has a sense that (no matter what disappointment happens this season) Drai and McD are ready to commit long term... well then that relaxes a lot of the urgency.

Put another way, if this season is not "must win or advance, otherwise Drai pouts his way out", then we have time to unwind the Campbell contract this summer and have $$$ to add a goalie.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I think McDavid does a Crosby and extends at the same cap hit as his previous contract.

Sure, Crosby signed a longer contract but his previous one was shorter so they would end up around the same age if Connor signs 8 years.
But at the time of the signing, I think Crosby had already won some Cups with a competent organization, with an excellent GM, coach and scouting staff. I'm not sure what legacy McDavid will have at the time when his contract comes up to convince him to stay and show loyalty, other than some scoring titles, Hart trophies and playing for 1/2 dozen different coaches.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
But at the time of the signing, I think Crosby had already won some Cups with a competent organization, with an excellent GM, coach and scouting staff. I'm not sure what legacy McDavid will have at the time when his contract comes up to convince him to stay and show loyalty, other than some scoring titles, Hart trophies and playing for 1/2 dozen different coaches.
Having already won is all the more reason to cash in. McDavid knows the more cap he eats up himself, the harder it's going to be to build a contender around him.

Shibumi

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2002
Edmonton
Visit site
He will ask for Nurse-level money for his next contract. I don't think we can afford two $9mil D and extend McDavid and Draisaitl.
Then I would suggest signing Bouchard and trading Nurse. It would be easier to find a similar skill set player to what Nurse brings to the table, than what Bouchard brings to the table.

Reactions: badi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad