Trade and FA Rumours 2022/23 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
We will have the cap space since Wheelers $8.25 cap hit comes off the books the year new contracts for Helly and Scheifele kick in.

I mean can't spend in the way that they aren't going to be spending it on big UFA names.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
If Devon Levi doesn't sign with the Sabres soon, I believe he will become a free agent (can anyone verify this?).

He'd be one hell of a pick up.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
If Devon Levi doesn't sign with the Sabres soon, I believe he will become a free agent (can anyone verify this?).

He'd be one hell of a pick up.

I don't believe so but even if true I don't see a world where Buffalo doesn't sign him and I don't see why he wouldn't want to - he'd get a lot of games right away.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
We will have the cap space since Wheelers $8.25 cap hit comes off the books the year new contracts for Helly and Scheifele kick in.
sure. let's invest $4-5m of dead space on another $4-5m of dead space.

how much and long do you think we should pay 55 and 37, bogo?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
sure. let's invest $4-5m of dead space on another $4-5m of dead space.

how much and long do you think we should pay 55 and 37, bogo?
Why in the hell wouldn't an organization try and hold on to a vezina caliber goalie and their #1 center? Yes you have to pay them as UFAs, put that is what championship teams do. They pay their players to stay, not start over when everyone is still in their prime. And I'll guess both come in around $8-9 M, and I'll a 6-7 year deals.

Reactions: Gabe Kupari

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Why in the hell wouldn't an organization try and hold on to a vezina caliber goalie and their #1 center? Yes you have to pay them as UFAs, put that is what championship teams do. They pay their players to stay, not start over when everyone is still in their prime. And I'll guess both come in around $8-9 M, and I'll a 6-7 year deals.

we will have had them for 10-12 years. you have to know when to cut bait. if you can get them on 6 year deals @ $8m, great; that's okay. I think they'll walk it to UFA if that is the offer. just being realistic.

mgt blew it. let's face it. better to rebuild-retool at this point.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
we will have had them for 10-12 years. you have to know when to cut bait. if you can get them on 6 year deals @ $8m, great; that's okay. I think they'll walk it to UFA if that is the offer. just being realistic.

mgt blew it. let's face it. better to rebuild-retool at this point.
A rebuild isn’t just PLD Scheifele Helly it is also Ehlers Connor and likely Morrissey all in the hope that on unknown group of 13 - 18 year olds join our middle of the road prospect group to form a contender in 7-10 years.

Reactions: Gabe Kupari

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
A rebuild isn’t just PLD Scheifele Helly it is also Ehlers Connor and likely Morrissey all in the hope that on unknown group of 13 - 18 year olds join our middle of the road prospect group to form a contender in 7-10 years.
It's difficult to predict. Certainly Ehlers comes up in 2024 as a consideration. But it certainly seems better than the alternative of overpaying 30-somethings. If they run this crap out again next year, I will likely end my season ticket commitment.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
It's difficult to predict. Certainly Ehlers comes up in 2024 as a consideration. But it certainly seems better than the alternative of overpaying 30-somethings. If they run this crap out again next year, I will likely end my season ticket commitment.
And if they go into a full rebuild I will end my commitment. Not that I still won't follow the team, but I'd be able to go to any game I want at the small fraction of the cost.

Rebuilds are also not a guarantee of anything. Buffalo has failed to make the post season 11 years running. During that time they have had 17 - 1st round picks, 10 of them top 10's, 2 of them 2nd OA and two of them 1st OV, and yet they have far less chance of making the playoffs then us this season.

Reactions: raideralex99

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
At yi yi. A new PLD to Montreal trade on the main boards and now we have a few Jet fans messing with them and telling them that Anderson to the Jets is a good idea. It's going to be a long couple months of bad offers until draft day.

Just when we thought it was over:facepalm:

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
At yi yi. A new PLD to Montreal trade on the main boards and now we have a few Jet fans messing with them and telling them that Anderson to the Jets is a good idea. It's going to be a long couple months of bad offers until draft day.

Anderson has to waive a NTC to consider moving here. The Jets value players with term. Its a matter of whether they think he is worth his cap hit. He is 28 a right shot and plays with some oomph. Can he be a 40 point+ guy here perhaps riding shotgun for a youngish center? Cause you know we are not signing anybody on UFA.

Even though its been 4 game I would also be trying to get Namestikov back next year. Give him a 4 year deal with some stability and he might be willing to stay.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba

I don't think it's a good idea, I just think Chevy values big physical forwards, and players under control.

Anderson is a D-tier version of Nino, no interest in him even if he came free with that cap hit. :laugh:

Reactions: AlaskaJet

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Anderson has to waive a NTC to consider moving here. The Jets value players with term. Its a matter of whether they think he is worth his cap hit. He is 28 a right shot and plays with some oomph. Can he be a 40 point+ guy here perhaps riding shotgun for a youngish center? Cause you know we are not signing anybody on UFA.

Even though its been 4 game I would also be trying to get Namestikov back next year. Give him a 4 year deal with some stability and he might be willing to stay.

I don't think it's a good idea, I just think Chevy values big physical forwards, and players under control.

Anderson is a D-tier version of Nino, no interest in him even if he came free with that cap hit. :laugh:
That's why I don't understand why you would give them false hope of the Jets wanting Anderson. They know he has no value and are desperately trying to dump him. He'd be 7th on the Jets current winger depth.

I just don't like to encourage them. It makes for too many unreadable threads.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
That's why I don't understand why you would give them false hope of the Jets wanting Anderson. They know he has no value and are desperately trying to dump him. He'd be 7th on the Jets current winger depth.

You do it to f*** with them for fun. IF they are actually stupid enough to imagine they are the guys getting the deals done then they are fair game. The entire process is basically a WWE work (fake) so you take on the heel persona and cut a bad guy promo.

I choose to avoid the main trade boards until the NHL authorizes us to do deals.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
PLD will have been traded at the draft and Scheifele and Helly signed the 1st week July. By this time next year the focus will have shifted to should we re-sign Ehlers.
I'm impressed with your certainty...but not entirely convinced.

Our medium-term competitive future rests almost entirely on Helle re-signing. He and Morrissey constitute 2/3 of the triumvirate needed to compete, a Vezina-calibre goalie and Norris-worthy D. Morrissey is signed long term, for great value. The question is, does Scheifele give us the final piece--a top 10 centre, who makes the players around him better?

Scheifele is 24th in scoring for centres this season and 7th in TOI for centres. I've really liked his play of late but there are a number of red flags for the long term--his inconsistent D play, his apparent moodiness and, of course, his contract expectations. If he thinks he is a top-10 C worth $80M in his next contract, it's a pass for me.

Scheifele will be 30 in 3 days. Happy birthday, Mark--I hope you prove the skeptics wrong and earn a statue beside Hawerchuk's, just like Maurice predicted. Now why would anyone ever doubt that? :sarcasm:

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005

I am more curious to see what they value on the prospect/pick sides of things. I really have no idea if the Jets would want Anderson or not. It does make sense that they would want a player with term and Anderson is no slouch the guy can and will score 20 goals but I also don't think he carries a tremendous amount of real value. If I could get a 1st and what I consider a top prospect out of them plus some add ons and take a player like Anderson on a hockey board then why not.

Reactions: Thechozen1

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I am more curious to see what they value on the prospect/pick sides of things. I really have no idea if the Jets would want Anderson or not. It does make sense that they would want a player with term and Anderson is no slouch the guy can and will score 20 goals but I also don't think he carries a tremendous amount of real value. If I could get a 1st and what I consider a top prospect out of them plus some add ons and take a player like Anderson on a hockey board then why not.

Yeah I'd take Anderson on to improve the prospect coming back.

Reactions: RabidOne

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Hellebuyck, the past six seasons, has been 12th, 65th, 1st, 1st, 8th, and 4th in Goals Saved Above Expected with one Vezina (the last four years indicate a top 5 goalie in the league.

The past three seasons, he has been 10th in SV% (for goalies with >5000 mins). The three before that he was 8th.

Only three goalies in the league make more than $7m per year, Price, Bobrovsky and Vasilevskiy. the first two are not good arguments for Hellebuyck to get $10m, and Vas has 2 Cups and a Vezina.

Realistically, he should cost between $7-8m AAV on a long term contract. He will be 31 when his current deal expires. Would he sign a 4-5 year deal?

I shudder at the thought of him getting a max.
Yeah no way he is making less than 10 imo

Reactions: AlaskaJet

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
You do it to f*** with them for fun. IF they are actually stupid enough to imagine they are the guys getting the deals done then they are fair game. The entire process is basically a WWE work (fake) so you take on the heel persona and cut a bad guy promo.

I choose to avoid the main trade boards until the NHL authorizes us to do deals.
That's probably advice I should take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad