Trade and FA Rumours 2022/23 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Toronto, LA, Buffalo, Vegas Ottawa maybe?

If they want an upgrade: Canes, Devils, Capitals, Penguins?
Seattle i'd add. Edmonton? if they really want to go all-in on McDrai. i am unsure what goalies return in trades. it's not common a proven goalie of Helle's caliber is dealt. i can see them dealing ehlers too. you can mark down probably around the top 15-20 teams in the NHL (PO teams + a few on the bubble) that would be interested in him.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
If the Jets trade PLD this summer my guess is it won’t be for pics, but for a disgruntled player on a different team, hopefully of roughly equivalent quality in any position

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
hmmm. could probably get a nice asset or two from LA/Buff.
Buffalo seems like a good landing spot for Helle. The look he had on the bench last night, I don't think he plans to stick this out...

If we could get UPL, Krebs and a 1st from Buffalo I'd be pretty happy

For Dubois maybe Fla's 1st from Montreal with Beck and Mesar for prospects.

Scheifele I think you might be able to re-sign him, because he's pretty close to Josh, and I think he's going to like being the man on this team again once Duby leaves.

I'd be interested in the return on Ehlers, I'd at least listen. Because Nik seems to have lost that gear that made him so dynamic. His injuries have changed his game.

Wheeler should get a chance to play for Maurice, at minimal cost. Maybe slight retention on one year.

Stanley I am hoping brings in a 2nd.

I think one more d-man gets moved, not predicting which one until the season is over.

Sitting on at least 3 firsts, with Connor-Scheifele-Perfetti as your guns, Niedrreiter for the 2nd line, and Krebs added to the 3rd, I think Chevy would have some room to manoeuvre, bring in some good players. Especially look at a top pairing d-man for Morrissey's growth.

kenobiwan

Jun 1, 2022
I question if Hellebuyck and Schiefele even want to re sign here. If we can’t re sign them by draft day I’m selling to the highest bidder and restocking the shelves……add Dubes to that list as well. Wheezer we’re obviously stuck with

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I question if Hellebuyck and Schiefele even want to re sign here. If we can’t re sign them by draft day I’m selling to the highest bidder and restocking the shelves……add Dubes to that list as well. Wheezer we’re obviously stuck with
Do we get more for them after July 1 when teams can talk extension with them before we deal them?

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Doesn’t make sense to move Helly yet when goalies typically don’t go for a lot.

If you can't re-sign him, trade him.

Edit : Kuemper went for a 1st and a former 1st round pick (Timmins), and that was in the offseason before Colorado knew it'd be the last pick.

I'd say Kuemper is the closest recent comparable, as he was sneaky good in Arizona. Most of the other goalies traded were younger and unproven, or older and breaking down.

Helle would get a 1st++ If we took back a teams goalie.

Of course I want to re-sign him, but he wants to win a cup :laugh:

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
I see Helle with the Kings, maybe CBJ would like to reunite Nik with Laine, Scheifele will re sign, maybe Wheeler to the Panthers for pucks and finally PLD will get his wish. Just throwing shit against the wall I really have no idea what will happen

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Moving Helly, if he was willing to sign would be the single most stupid thing I can imagine Chevy doing. Organizations can go decades without ever having a goalie near as good as he is.
In terms of the now I agree 100%. The risk for me and I think the organization is the natural decline of a goalie over 30, in reflexes, and the possibility of injury getting older. No idea what kind of term Hellebuyck would want on his contract, but it does seem like his last big one, so if you get into the 7 year range at say a $10 AAV, you are going to have the same kind of Wheeler decline at one point in that contract, and it's much more difficult to replace a potentially injured goalie at the kind of contract. Because I think he gets probably at least Bobrovsky value, if not more. That said if the window if now, that's a gamble you might want to take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad