Speculation: Toughness and Brad Treliving

How likely will Treliving add toughness to TOR?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leafblooded

Jul 27, 2012
T.
Do you remember Kadri getting his knees taken out by Debrusk on a missed open ice hit?
Same game
Do you remember the Debrusk hit on Marleau? Moments later Kadri took matters into his own hands.
This is the correct answer. Kadri did indeed retaliate that series, in order to answer for bullshit that was happening to our team. He is the one guy who had skill and could play over the line. Instead of rewarding him for doing everything he could to teach the other team a lesson that our guys aren't to be f***ed with, we blamed the losses on him and booted him out of town. In the meantime, the fact that our players consistently get taken advantage of and no one but Kadri had the balls to stand up for the team is completely glossed over. Now we are searching for new 'tough' guys with skill, except the new guys will be neutered the same way Kadri was.

Even if say these new 'tough' guys decide to backup our team in the first place, which is doubtful ( as no one coming here has anything to play for but money), they will be suspended and booted just like Kadri was.

Kadri was homegrown, our team getting manhandled was a personal attack on his ego. There is not a single leaf who gives a shit about this team like he did. They're all here for the money. It's a sad state of affairs and the results of the entitled, overpaid squad of current Leafs speak for themselves.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
A lot written this week about Lucic to TML.
Never, never, please. He is a lazy, bad skating, useless piece of poop. He has no positive affect on any team since Boston, and they knew he was a bad team mate. He ain't no Semenko or Hammer Schultz.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
This is the correct answer. Kadri did indeed retaliate that series, in order to answer for bullshit that was happening to our team. He is the one guy who had skill and could play over the line. Instead of rewarding him for doing everything he could to teach the other team a lesson that our guys aren't to be f***ed with, we blamed the losses on him and booted him out of town. In the meantime, the fact that our players consistently get taken advantage of and no one but Kadri had the balls to stand up for the team is completely glossed over. Now we are searching for new 'tough' guys with skill, except the new guys will be neutered the same way Kadri was.

Even if say these new 'tough' guys decide to backup our team in the first place, which is doubtful ( as no one coming here has anything to play for but money), they will be suspended and booted just like Kadri was.

Kadri was homegrown, our team getting manhandled was a personal attack on his ego. There is not a single leaf who gives a shit about this team like he did. They're all here for the money. It's a sad state of affairs and the results of the entitled, overpaid squad of current Leafs speak for themselves.

Excuses, excuses.

I was as big a Kadri fan as you’ll see here and you like to see the fight he has, but Kadri let his temper cost his team two playoff series in a row. And that’s not blaming him for the loss per se, but Kadri is a good player and people recognize we were a lot better with him in the lineup than whoever was next up to fill in. No one has a problem with him retaliating and sticking up for teammates, the problem is how he did it. He took the number, but then recklessly attempted retribution. He was a hot head and he deserved everything he got, both suspension and trade wise. He still had a lot of maturing to do; was frankly a liability. Hell, his first playoff in Colorado he got suspended AGAIN

Leafblooded

Jul 27, 2012
T.
Excuses, excuses.

I was as big a Kadri fan as you’ll see here and you like to see the fight he has, but Kadri let his temper cost his team two playoff series in a row. And that’s not blaming him for the loss per se, but Kadri is a good player and people recognize we were a lot better with him in the lineup than whoever was next up to fill in. No one has a problem with him retaliating and sticking up for teammates, the problem is how he did it. He took the number, but then recklessly attempted retribution. He was a hot head and he deserved everything he got, both suspension and trade wise. He still had a lot of maturing to do; was frankly a liability. Hell, his first playoff in Colorado he got suspended AGAIN
Hot head with lots of heart and guts is better than cool head with no heart and no guts (Matthews, Marner... Here's looking at you kids)

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Hot head with lots of heart and guts is better than cool head with no heart and no guts (Matthews, Marner... Here's looking at you kids)
1686948922091.png

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
I really hope Treliving makes it a priority to bring in some players that aren't afraid to hit or be hit.

Top to bottom this team is softer than a flaccid phallus.

A collection of neutered beta males. Like Barbie's boyfriend. Lacking testosterone producing glands.

Nothing below the waist.

The most disgusting thing is their refusal to stand up for themselves or each other. Soft, weak, and passive. They just take their beating and thank the other team for it after.

Too many players lacking any stones.

Reactions: horner

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
I like soft things.

Pillows. Clouds. Boobs.

The Toronto Maple Leafs.

I really hope Treliving brings in some piss and vinegar. It's frustrating watching guys like Nylander too afraid to stand up for themselves or each other. The so-called leadership of this team have an "I'M not taking a punch for THAT guy" attitude.

Too bad really.

Us vs Them teams tend to have dressing room problems.

How many times a night does Nylander hit someone? How many times a night is Nylander willing to be hit? How many times have you ever seen him stand up for a teammate?

You'd have to take your socks off to count that high.

It all starts at the top:

Soft owner.

Soft president.
Soft GM.
Soft coach.

Soft players.

A bunch of media manipulating morons, and mollycoddle milquetoast momma's boys, managing a team of pusillanimous milksop pantywaists too afraid to go into the corners to make a play.

I'd like to think Treliving can change all that.

Reactions: cannucky and horner

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
I like soft things.

Pillows. Clouds. Boobs.

The Toronto Maple Leafs.

I really hope Treliving brings in some piss and vinegar. It's frustrating watching guys like Nylander too afraid to stand up for themselves or each other. The so-called leadership of this team have an "I'M not taking a punch for THAT guy" attitude.

Too bad really.

How many times a night does Nylander hit someone? How many times a night is Nylander willing to be hit? How many times have you ever seen him stand up for a teammate?

Soft owner.

Soft president.
Soft GM.
Soft coach.

Soft players.

A bunch of media manipulating morons, and mollycoddle milquetoast momma's boys, managing a team of pusillanimous milksop pantywaists too afraid to go into the corners to make a play.

when you list the greatest forwards ever, Gretzky, Lemieux, Yzerman or some of the greatest goal scorers like Bure, Hull, Kurri, Selanne etc they all have something in common, they didnt hit, or get hit.

That wasnt their job, and the best players dont get hit very often because they are smart enough on the ice to not get hit, and not give up the puck at the same time. They also dont run around trying to hit anyone either... there have been great players that hit, like Lindros, Ovechkin, Shannahan, but, they are a rare breed, and right now, there is only really Ovechkin in the NHL that fits that style and can play without injury.
If Lindros didnt hit as much as he did, perhaps he plays 5-6 seasons longer, similarly Wendel Clark.

Giving someone a face wash, or tossing your helmet at a guy isnt toughness, getting hit, and having enough self control to not retaliating is, OR, you have someone on the line to enforce respect of the better players (which we lack).

horner

May 22, 2007
when you list the greatest forwards ever, Gretzky, Lemieux, Yzerman or some of the greatest goal scorers like Bure, Hull, Kurri, Selanne etc they all have something in common, they didnt hit, or get hit.

That wasnt their job, and the best players dont get hit very often because they are smart enough on the ice to not get hit, and not give up the puck at the same time. They also dont run around trying to hit anyone either... there have been great players that hit, like Lindros, Ovechkin, Shannahan, but, they are a rare breed, and right now, there is only really Ovechkin in the NHL that fits that style and can play without injury.
If Lindros didnt hit as much as he did, perhaps he plays 5-6 seasons longer, similarly Wendel Clark.

Giving someone a face wash, or tossing your helmet at a guy isnt toughness, getting hit, and having enough self control to not retaliating is, OR, you have someone on the line to enforce respect of the better players (which we lack).
Steve Yzerman was

You wonder why we do shit in the playoffs
It's actually imbearasing to watch

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Unfortunately they all played 80's.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
I like soft things.

Pillows. Clouds. Boobs.

The Toronto Maple Leafs.

Too bad really.

Soft owner.

Soft president.
Soft GM.
Soft coach.

Soft players.

We need a multi star rating system here , the verbiage alone in the post is worth 5 stars , well done , well done indeed 👍

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011

Wow you clearly are too young to have watched these players because every one of thosr players was a dirty , nasty , sombiatch when pushed . Semenko wasn't t an Oiler because Gretzky couldn't or wouldn't fight , he was an Oiler to keep Gretzky out of the box .

Reactions: horner

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Excuses, excuses.

so Kadri cost us 2 playoff Failures? Who owns the other 5 playoff failures ?

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023

I think there is always room for those sissy type yellow bellied players like Nylander on every team.

Maybe even two of them. But not a whole team of them. The Leafs have way too many snobbish, no hit, no hit me, divas.

Compare that to the historical makeup of teams that have won the cup.

Including the most recent.

All those old guys you listed had heavy weights that protected them. The rest of the team didn't play like sissies either. They were more than willing to make sacrifices.

Usually with their faces.

Most of those other guys won cups too. Probably because they played with Norris caliber defensemen and Vezina caliber goaltenders. Yes, it's true, even the greatest of all players still had to have a great supporting cast.

The Leafs rely on scrap heap finds to do the same job.

Let's face it. Most of these guys know there is no future for the team with them on it. Makes living out of a suitcase on a bus a lot harder when you are the one sitting near the toilet.

Must be pretty hard to want to take a punch in the face after one of them gets dummied by an opponent.

I don't think I would want to.

notdoneyet

Jun 19, 2006
Saint John,N.B.
I knew we lost the florida series when gudas took the cheap shot on kampf and immediately turned to
Fight whoever was coming in to help him . Sad part no one not one player on the uce did anything. On any other team he would have had to fight someone

I cant find the video if the hit so if someone can put it up i would appreciate it

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
I knew we lost the florida series when gudas took the cheap shot on kampf and immediately turned to
Fight whoever was coming in to help him . Sad part no one not one player on the uce did anything. On any other team he would have had to fight someone

I cant find the video if the hit so if someone can put it up i would appreciate it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad