GDT: Toronto vs Columbus 7pm EST

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I should have criticized Gaudreau earlier, his goal in OT was really good. :sarcasm: But that doesn't change the fact that he's a free ice player, his assists was for assists.
Hes been poor but there is obviously more. If you put Marchenko on that line they'd pop but they wont touch the Russian line for good reason
If someone is considered a TOP player, he should make partners better. Besides, Danforth wins a lot of battles.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I should have criticized Gaudreau earlier, his goal in OT was really good. :sarcasm: But that doesn't change the fact that he's a free ice player, his assists was for assists.

If someone is considered a TOP player, he should make partners better. Besides, Danforth wins a lot of battles.
You're right but skill needs skill to play with. I love Danforth and defended him in the offseason but obviously we would be better off with a higher end winger on that line.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Hes been poor but there is obviously more. If you put Marchenko on that line they'd pop but they wont touch the Russian line for good reason

You're right but skill needs skill to play with. I love Danforth and defended him in the offseason but obviously we would be better off with a higher end winger on that line.

What are we worried about here?

It's like folks assume that Johnny hasn't been scoring or that that line hasn't been scoring. They have been! And so has Johnny, 10 pts in 7 games now.

Not that it couldn't be better, but that line is working currently.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada

It's like folks assume that Johnny hasn't been scoring or that that line hasn't been scoring. They have been! And so has Johnny, 10 pts in 7 games now.

Im not worried, long term I think a higher end winger like Marchenko would offer better numbers not sure why thats a debate

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Im not worried, long term I think a higher end winger like Marchenko would offer better numbers not sure why thats a debate

Yeah Marchenko will make any line better. I just want to be clear that Gaudreau and his line are putting the puck in the net right now.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Tomas Holmstrom was not also skilled player and look how he fit in with Datsyuk and Zetterberg. Yzerman played with McCarty and Holmstrom in the PO. And so the list could go on. There must be different players in the lines, even ones who will do the dirty work. With Danforth this line plays better defense, Marchenko is not that good at playing without the puck. But whatever, when Jenner comes back, he'll be playing with Gaudreau.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Tomas Holmstrom was not also skilled player and look how he fit in with Datsyuk and Zetterberg. Yzerman played with McCarty and Holmstrom in the PO. And so the list could go on. There must be different players in the lines, even ones who will do the dirty work. With Danforth this line plays better defense, Marchenko is not that good at playing without the puck. But whatever, when Jenner comes back, he'll be playing with Gaudreau.
I kind of wonder what Vincent thinks now. Fantilli is at 11 points in 11 games now. I wouldnt hate something like Johnson-Fantilli-Sillinger but I wonder if the team likes the Gaudreau-Fantilli results, its not like the 3rd line with Johnson is a demotion for either player

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia

How many chances did Johnny create and conversely were there problems in the game without the puck, his assists were for assists? I hadn't watched the games since 12/23 until last game so I can't comment these games, before that the line wasn't always playing ideally.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I kind of wonder what Vincent thinks now. Fantilli is at 11 points in 11 games now. I wouldnt hate something like Johnson-Fantilli-Sillinger but I wonder if the team likes the Gaudreau-Fantilli results, its not like the 3rd line with Johnson is a demotion for either player

I hope they don't change them, let things coalesce.

Reactions: LJ7

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I dont either but going back to how we felt a couple weeks ago the Johnson-Fantilli connection was what we wanted to see. Couple of us anyway.

We can always go back to that after the scoring hits a rut, but they're all scoring right now so I don't see the point.

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021

Danforth is only playing in that line because Boone and Patty are out. He'll be in a more fitting role when the injured return.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Is there a team that is more fun to beat than the Leafs?
I rarely go to other team's boards except for the Oilers. But it's always a treat to read the Leafs board after a bad loss. Samsanov is not held in high regard this evening.

His save percentage for the year is now .840. I saw Michael Houser play in Cincinnati (for Jacksonville ECHL) last night. He would be a much better option for Toronto.

Reactions: koteka

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad