GDT: Toronto vs Columbus 7pm EST

ColumbusTrill

Mar 15, 2021
Danforth is only playing in that line because Boone and Patty are out. He'll be in a more fitting role when the injured return.

Am I crazy to think that Danforth is a better fit than Boone and Patty for Johnny? I think he's a better forechecker than Boone because of his quickness. He's constantly winning puck battles behind the net. Just frees up so much space for Johnny

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Am I crazy to think that Danforth is a better fit than Boone and Patty for Johnny? I think he's a better forechecker than Boone because of his quickness. He's constantly winning puck battles behind the net. Just frees up so much space for Johnny
I dont think you are crazy, I just dont think Patty and Johnny are a good fit. Its just both want to carry the puck, 1 effectively and 1 not so much

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
We can always go back to that after the scoring hits a rut, but they're all scoring right now so I don't see the point.
I dont disagree, Im just speaking on how I think the coaching staff may feel. I dont think playing with Johnson is a demotion either way

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
I am so happy with Bemstrom.

The confidence to skate with the puck, dump in and forecheck, win a puck battle and then the IQ to find Johnson in front of the net…

That reminded me of Bjorkstrand. If he keeps that up he can be a good middle six forward in the NHL.

Fantilli continues to impress. I love seeing emotion when he scores, our team needs that.

That was a great team win.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada

The confidence to skate with the puck, dump in and forecheck, win a puck battle and then the IQ to find Johnson in front of the net…

That reminded me of Bjorkstrand. If he keeps that up he can be a good middle six forward in the NHL.

Fantilli continues to impress. I love seeing emotion when he scores, our team needs that.

Unfortunately healthy we know he's the odd man out due to contracts. I love the play your are referencing though and his simple game. I just wish he could hit the net more, he would be a real weapon

Reactions: LJ7 and Cowumbus

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Unfortunately healthy we know he's the odd man out due to contracts. I love the play your are referencing though and his simple game. I just wish he could hit the net more, he would be a real weapon
You’re not wrong.

Just with the amount of crap he takes here / on Twitter, I’d love to see him succeed here/elsewhere.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I kind of wonder what Vincent thinks now. Fantilli is at 11 points in 11 games now. I wouldnt hate something like Johnson-Fantilli-Sillinger but I wonder if the team likes the Gaudreau-Fantilli results, its not like the 3rd line with Johnson is a demotion for either player
Sillinger is a better center IMHO. But I'm really interested to see what the lines will be show. Werenski, Boqvist, Jenner, Laine and Kuraly will be back. Johnson, Fantilli, all Russian, Jiříček, Blankenburg and probably Bemström with Gounce can play in Cleveland but I think only Blanks and Bounce will be.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Sillinger is a better center IMHO. But I'm really interested to see what the lines will be show. Werenski, Boqvist, Jenner, Laine and Kuraly will be back. Johnson, Fantilli, all Russian, Jiříček, Blankenburg and probably Bemström with Gounce can play in Cleveland but I think only Blanks and Bounce will be.
Yeah it would be interesting to see a healthy lineup but as a Columbus fan we dont get that. Im sure our ideal lineup and the coaching staffs lineup dont mesh well

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Danforth is only playing in that line because Boone and Patty are out. He'll be in a more fitting role when the injured return.
Laine won't play with Gaudreau and Fantilli, I can bet. If Jenner I would really like to know where. Adam is playing center very good and Boone is LW like Johnny if he would play wing.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Yeah it would be interesting to see a healthy lineup but as a Columbus fan we dont get that. Im sure our ideal lineup and the coaching staffs lineup dont mesh well
Trade players, especially forwards for draft picks to the end of January. But whom?

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
Very satisfying win. Love Fantilli's release and that tying goal was not even close to best example of that.

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
Shout out to the 5th line to defend our own home too! We drowned out the go leafs go chants to the point it felt like a European's club match and the stands were getting quite chirpy. Its been awhile since I've seen it that electric in there. If I was a person who sold my ticket to stay home and watch the OSU game instead well...mistakes were made.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia

Olivier made such passes more than once, no need to overestimate his IQ. The other thing is that Emil is playing really well, but I'm not sure he'll keep a spot in the top 9, if at all out of the lineup.

You're right. What's worse is that it will fall apart when Jenner returns.

Bobcat205

addicted to the grind
Sep 22, 2023
your local KFC
Leafs board is freaking the hell out and it's hysterical

"...hopefully we've seen the last of Samsonov in a Leafs uniform."
"Samsonov is the worst goalie in the NHL. At this point, I think he may be throwing games on purpose."
"The Blue Jackets are hot garbage. How is it that we struggle so often against shitty opponents? Make it make sense."

1703946577790.png

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
When's the last time the Toronto had a legitimate consistent top goaltender though? Like they've had a guy come through with a good season or two but when's the last time they had their own backbone of a goaltender?

Checked..

The last goalie they had to put up consistent sub 2.5GAA in back to back seasons was Belfour and Cujo before him back in 03/04

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
When's the last time the Toronto had a legitimate consistent top goaltender though? Like they've had a guy come through with a good season or two but when's the last time they had their own backbone of a goaltender?

Checked..

The last goalie they had to put up consistent sub 2.5GAA in back to back seasons was Belfour and Cujo before him back in 03/04

Freddie Andersen was good. They just had bad defense and blamed him for playoff losses when their highly paid guys wouldn’t score. Anderson had a .936 save percentage and a 1.84 GAA against us when we beat them in the bubble. And he was the guy they got rid of.

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
Freddie Andersen was good. They just had bad defense and blamed him for playoff losses when their highly paid guys wouldn’t score. Anderson had a .936 save percentage and a 1.84 GAA against us when we beat them in the bubble. And he was the guy they got rid of.
This isn’t all on Samsonov. There is a lot of bad defensive structure on the Leafs, as well as taking shifts off. The KJ goal with Bemstrom stripping the puck behind the net occupying 3 Leafs (very similar to is when Laine did it). Also leaving Voronkov unobstructed in front of Samsonov during the PP. OT face-off loss and Severson threading the needle to Gudreau.

We all said the same of Elvis last year remember that

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
This isn’t all on Samsonov. There is a lot of bad defensive structure on the Leafs, as well as taking shifts off. The KJ goal with Bemstrom stripping the puck behind the net occupying 3 Leafs (very similar to is when Laine did it). Also leaving Voronkov unobstructed in front of Samsonov during the PP. OT face-off loss and Severson threading the needle to Gudreau.

We all said the same of Elvis last year remember that
In all fairness Voronkov will probably grow/learn to be an unmovable obstruction in front of most of the goalies and teams once he’s learned to know his opponents in front of the net. He could become a forward Chara or Big Buff. Man I miss Big Buff.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Went down a rabbit hole after watching a Steve dangle clip.

The leafs have never won more than 2 playoff rounds dating back to 1932, with it being the only time in franchise history they have ever won a 3rd round. Every other cup they've won only required winning two rounds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad