Series Talk: Toronto vs Boston - Round #1

How will the first round of the playoffs go?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
I hate hoping and praying. I'd rather know. Right now Babs does not know. Dubie does not know. We are in a bad position where it all rests of Freddy. If Freddy is great we can win. If Freddy plays like last year we are done.
talk about no confidence in your defence or offence.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Leafs in 6 or 7.

Our centre depth is much better than what we had last year, especially when Kadri was out 3 suspended. Bruins enjoyed Plekanec and Bozak, enter Tavares and more Kadri this time around.

We took Boston to 7 with a C depth of Matthews, Plekanec, Bozak!

Give me a break with the fear of this Bruins team, Leafs fans have pumped them into this mythical beast.

They were pretty much the hottest team in the 2nd half of the season. And have home ice advantage. And have proven to be more physically imposing on the boards. And play well at home in the playoffs. And have Chara, which we still have no real answer for. And heading into the playoffs are showing better than us.

Plenty of reason for concern here..

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
I hate hoping and praying. I'd rather know. Right now Babs does not know. Dubie does not know. We are in a bad position where it all rests of Freddy. If Freddy is great we can win. If Freddy plays like last year we are done.
You're never going to know. It's part of the beauty of the sport.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I think the worry is having Nyalnder out against Bergeron and Marchand. They'll get eaten alive, I for one expected this to happen.

But now there's only one line that will scare them offensively. And I don't like that it already seems like we're playing scared, changing our lineup out of fear rather than the best chemistry among forwards.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
But now there's only one line that will scare them offensively. And I don't like that it already seems like we're playing scared, changing our lineup out of fear.
Not out of fear but in attempt to win.
Matthews line was pretty good while Nylander sat out.
Perhaps he and Kadri can feast on a lessor line.

Reactions: willmma

MarnerElite

Feb 20, 2019
I think the worry is having Nyalnder out against Bergeron and Marchand. They'll get eaten alive, I for one expected this to happen.

Depends which Nylander shows up. I for one believe Willy did a great job first time he replaced Naz and had about 10 games where he was quite consistent in working hard on the offensive and defensive end. In fact, at times he was an absolute beast. With that kind of effort he looks way way better than anything Naz has ever offered.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Depends which Nylander shows up. I for one believe Willy did a great job first time he replaced Naz and had about 10 games where he was quite consistent in working hard on the offensive and defensive end. In fact, at times he was an absolute beast. With that kind of effort he looks way way better than anything Naz has ever offered.
Kadri never plays scared though.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada

That's not bad. 3rd line is actually alright.

Looks like they're balancing out the lines pretty good.

I'd rather Ennis in though... but he may get a chance at some point... and I'd put him over brown... but I know they want brown for the pk.

In the end it's the big boys producing .... but mostly it's the defence that needs to play really well to get by Boston. . And Andy is probably going to have to steal at least 1 game.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

I'd rather Ennis in though... but he may get a chance at some point... and I'd put him over brown... but I know they want brown for the pk.

In the end it's the big boys producing .... but mostly it's the defence that needs to play really well to get by Boston. . And Andy is probably going to have to steal at least 1 game.

Spreading it too thin, to be honest. Why does Babcock overthink things? Matthews and Willy work very well together. Kadri and Willy, not so much.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002

Yeah, Browns going no where.

Reactions: MyBudJT

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Spreading it too thin, to be honest. Why does Babcock overthink things? Matthews and Willy work very well together. Kadri and Willy, not so much.
He's keeping him away from the Bergeron line.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Matthews not playing with the guy that makes him much better

Matthews just arguably played his best hockey in a long time last night and has done it away from Nylander.

Nylander by no means makes Matthews better.... If anything, it's the other way around!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad