Proposal: Montreal - Calgary

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Why would the Habs take on seven years of JH?
They wouldn't. Habs playout Gally/Anderson's contracts during the rebuild. Taking on a 7 year albatross is pure idiocy.

Separate topic: I really think the Habs select Tij Iginla in the draft if Demidov / Lindstrom are off the board.

Reactions: Fatass

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
They wouldn't. Habs playout Gally/Anderson's contracts during the rebuild. Taking on a 7 year albatross is pure idiocy.

Separate topic: I really think the Habs select Tij Iginla in the draft if Demidov / Lindstrom are off the board.
I hope the draft does fall so the Habs get Iginla. He’s going to be a heck of a player.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I see Iginla as a Jason Robertson type player. He just might be the steal of the draft.
For a team like the Habs, Iginla is exactly the type of player they are looking for. Putting aside his obvious talent.... He has a high floor and has the maturity, professionalism and character to play in a fishbowl market like Montreal.

Hughes can't pass on him.

Bond

May 10, 2012
It's a high/low end potential value guess. I think his high end value could be something like his dad. Both Tkachuk brothers are just as good or better than their dad and he was pretty good too. It's possible Tig can reach his dad's level. Many players in this draft have high end potential value. Doesn't mean it's guaranteed they get there.

Make no mistake, he's a hot trending player and one of the youngest in this draft. His resume is adding up quickly.
Yeah, but Iginla >> Tkachuk. I am not saying Tij is a bad prospect at all but if the consensus is that he will be better than his dad then he'd be a lock for 1st overall. I wouldn't be surprised if he is picked by the Habs at 5. This kind of talk is why I am not even sure if I want the Flames to draft him, there are already people in Calgary pencilling him in to be his dad and the chances of that are very very low.
It's on 690 multi times. Hughes has meet with Ignila 4 times. Very high on him.
Lol so no links to anyone saying he will be better than his Dad at the NHL level. it is a crazy projection to put in writing and no major scout would.

Reactions: Fig

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Geez, there's a huge difference between "potential to be better" vs "projected to be better". Tij is not projected to be better. He's got a lot of potential to be better. It's the same as the Tkachuk clan. But projecting a player to be a top 50-100 player of all time, you're drafted 1/2 as others have said. That's generational talent territory.

OP's trade makes no sense for both teams unless you're trying to pander to the Francophone crowd in Montreal. I'd go as far as to say it's a potential lose/lose trade. Flames prefer the player who actually can play and continue this mediocrity attempt at contention (ownership mandate, not fan hopes). Montreal trying to wait out and clear out contracts to make room for young guys to attempt to build a long term contender.

Reactions: Kahvi

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Why are you so angry at Habs fans??? Who hurt you? :D
Making everthing about you. Nice.

Pointing out that after three pages of someone saying no that they are probably not going to change their mind is "useless".

Huh.

I guess you are threatened that I said something that could stop your post farming?

Reactions: Bluenotes27

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014

Pointing out that after three pages of someone saying no that they are probably not going to change their mind is "useless".

Huh.

I guess you are threatened that I said something that could stop your post farming?

Probably upset you brought sound dampeners into the echo chamber? 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Xirik

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

Huh.

Threatened? No. Just sad for you.

Reactions: viceroy

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Also Anderson doesn't even have NMC so you can bury him in the AHL and open a roster spot if needed. Plus you can buy out both of them next summer and the penalties won't be even that bad.

So yeah, makes no sense for Montreal.

Anardil

Nov 25, 2012
West of Chalet BBQ
Some of the things some are missing are this:

* Tig is one of the youngest in this draft and trending very well. If he was born 1.5 months later, he would be in next year's draft.

* One of the youngest and also solid in height/weight. Won't take him long to get to 6'-1" and 200 lbs. Others are around 165 and probably top out at 180-190 max. Tig's got his fathers frame and plays a hard nose game. I have a hard time nit picking his flaws and once again, his age man. He's young and trending very well.

* When drafting, you are trying to pick the player who is on rocket development in that age 17-20 year range. Tig is a hot trending player and could break out like his dad in D+1 and D+2. He's got that obsession to improve and his fathers pedigree. There is a fair amount of up/down movement when you factor in development for the age 17-20 years. Some fans get emotionally tied to rankings before the draft. This guy should be here and that guy should be there kind of thing.

You take whatever you want to take after us (if we take Tig). That's what drafting is, you scout and project and take the guy you want. If you want to be a fan that look at the rankings and think they are absolute BPA's, go ahead. We all know things shuffle around a lot when fans do "redrafts" years later. The BPA's from 2-10+ is just not obvious. Lots to choose from IMO and I think when we look back later, the redraft will be quite a difference than the actual draft. More than your average year.
Gotta agree with the Flames fans that are responding. I have not heard or read a single scout or talking head mention that Tij is possibly going to be better than his dad. Rather, I have heard several say that he is NOT his dad. Tij is more of a natural offensive player with some grit to his game. Jarome was the prototypical power forward of his day.

If scouts truly believed that Tij is trending to be better than his dad, he would unquestionably be 1st over all this year, and the word generational would be associated with his scouting reports.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I’m looking forward to the day Josh Anderson retires purely so I never again have to see him linked to the Flames

Reactions: Xirik

Anardil

Nov 25, 2012
West of Chalet BBQ
It's on 690 multi times. Hughes has meet with Ignila 4 times. Very high on him.
No one on TSN 690 is a pro scout. All their featured talking heads are not pro scouts either. I also have the station open in my office every day from 6:30 AM to 5:30 PM. and I have yet to hear a single host or talking head mention once that Tij is projected anywhere close to his dad.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I’m looking forward to the day Josh Anderson retires purely so I never again have to see him linked to the Flames
And i am looking forward to Hubs’ retirement as a Flame ,7 years from now, so we never see his albatross boat anchor of a contract pawned off on the Habs! ;)

Bond

May 10, 2012
If scouts truly believed that Tij is trending to be better than his dad, he would unquestionably be 1st over all this year, and the word generational would be associated with his scouting reports.
Yeah, like I am not sure if those posters are too young to actually have watched Iggy but he is probably the best Flames player I have personally watched live. He would take over games, score goals, and beat the crap out of people. Him and Kiprusoff dragged those Flames teams to the playoffs year after year.
It is really too bad he chose the Penguins over the Bruins when the Flames traded him.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Iginla would be an excellent add to the Habs young group. He’s a fantastic player already and still has a lot of runway left for improvement.
If Lindstrom there at 5 they may take him. But he has back issues, which is scary. Hughes must be high on Ignila though. To meet with him 4 times already. 690 Habs Lunch said Hughes knows him from his Boston connection. So, Hughes is very deep knowledge on Ignila. Scouting reports have him similar to his dad. Which would be a stud for Habs.

Sick Podcast mock draft yesterday had 4 forwards going first. Which left a right shot defense man at 5. Levshunov, interesting? What would Habs do? A #1 right D is hardest to find and an important part to a team

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If Lindstrom there at 5 they may take him. But he has back issues, which is scary. Hughes must be high on Ignila though. To meet with him 4 times already. 690 Habs Lunch said Hughes knows him from his Boston connection. So, Hughes is very deep knowledge on Ignila. Scouting reports have him similar to his dad. Which would be a stud for Habs.

Sick Podcast mock draft yesterday had 4 forwards going first. Which left a right shot defense man at 5. Levshunov, interesting? What would Habs do? A #1 right D is hardest to find and an important part to a team
Levshonov is there, you take him and RUN.

He's got top 2 defenseman written on him. So you develop him and put Guhle on the market to get someone like Mercer.

In no uncertain terms, you don't draft on need and leave a huge BPA on the table. That's criminal asset mismanagement.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Levshonov is there, you take him and RUN.

He's got top 2 defenseman written on him. So you develop him and put Guhle on the market to get someone like Mercer.

In no uncertain terms, you don't draft on need and leave a huge BPA on the table. That's criminal asset mismanagement.
Most say #1 D is most important part to cup team. Right shot is hardest to find.

You watch sick Podcast mock? Former Hab scout McCagg picked for us. He was as anal as usual. He picked Sennecke. Not hard to see why he no longer our scout.

But no way I would trade Guhle. He's first pairing now, can play both sides equally well. Rarely see that and gives a team more options . Only 22 he's going to be a stud. Tons of time to improve.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad