Series Talk: Toronto vs Boston - Round #1

How will the first round of the playoffs go?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
There is nothing I despise more blaming the refs. If you read the post game of any team that just lost a game, there is always posters blaming the refs for the loss

True. If one can’t see or understand the problem, or can’t do anything about it, then your subconscious looks for something you can use to rationalize the behaviour.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
ce032c511d292657a9549d8b7c2a764b14036968e421605da92ad167894fba7f.jpg

And never stop.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Some people create accounts just for this very reason.

That’s life.
We have a bigger hating fan base than most teams have regular fans.

It seems like the fan base that hates us is roughly as big as all the other fan bases put together. ;)

Depends on Matthews just as much. Are we going to have the Matthews of the past 2 weeks? Or the coast around not caring about anything Matthews of the two months prior, and from the playoffs last year.

Such a cynic. Have you tried the main boards? I think you might like it there. In fact, you might like it so much that you won't post on the Leafs board ever again. It's worth a try IMO. :)

Reactions: al secord

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Rielly was really terrible in game 1 and 2 last year so I say a lot depends on how he handles the Bergeron line.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Leafs are already the least power play awarded team in the league and it’s going to be even worse this series, we’re going to be up against the Bruins AND the refs in this one.

Reactions: Fluke Schenn

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Does anyone here still think we have a shot at home ice? With how well we’re playing lately, we’re only 5 points behind, it would just take a couple wins and couple Bruins losses to be just 1 point behind.

Still 12 points up for grab here

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
It's 4 of 5 you have to win if you go down 2-0.But you're right otherwise. Leafs HAVE to come out of Boston at least split.

If Toronto comes out of Boston with a split in the first two games, the sound of Bruins fans heads, imploding will be deafening and that is fine by me. Their fan base already has the second round booked to Tampa Bay, we are an after thought for them and their media and IF we don't roll over in four games, the pressure that will build from their insane sports media will play in our favor.

So yes, we suck and yes anything less than a 4 game sweep by the B's has to be considered a huge let down ... ;) ... (said the spider to the fly....)

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Does anyone here still think we have a shot at home ice? With how well we’re playing lately, we’re only 5 points behind, it would just take a couple wins and couple Bruins losses to be just 1 point behind.

We have to go 6-0 and they go 3-2-1...it's not happening.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I don't understand why would anyone even go to the so-called main boards.

I only do it when I'm really bored. Also, not everyone there is an idiot so if you wade through the nonsense, you sometimes can get some interesting perspectives.

Zizzzzy

Dec 6, 2017
Last night Boston had 3 PP to Tampa’s 6 and like the overwhelming majority of games, I didn’t notice the referees.

One of those Tampa PP was in the final 3 minutes of a tie game. Inane the call Tampa got with 3 minutes left to give them a chance to win the game. Cherry on the top, after taking the lead TBL got another PP to close the game out because why not.

Boston not used to the other team being the favorites! lol

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario

There's still an outside shot. Tampa winning last night sure helps. We both have one more game against Tampa.

A1LeafNation

Oct 17, 2010
Tavares vs Bergeron
Marner vs Pastrnak
Matthews vs Marchand
Nylander vs Johansson
Kadri vs Krejci
Kapanen vs DeBrusk

The Leaf forwards better bring it because I doubt the defensive system we lack will stop the Bruins.

Based on last night, Leafs will probably not be able to score 7 on Boston, but the Bruins can definitely score 5 on us.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

I'm not giving up yet.

There's a chance.

we'll have to pretty much run the table, but that's not the craziest thing that could happen.

and Boston isn't so good that they can't stumble a little bit.

Reactions: Loosie

A1LeafNation

Oct 17, 2010
These are all meaningless undercards to the main event ie Andersen vs. Rask.

It's time for Freddie to win a playoff match up.
Agreed.

In my mind all our big guys look ready but Kadri and Andersen. Those two need to take their game to the next level over these remaining 6 games.

Reactions: Cobra777

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
I only do it when I'm really bored. Also, not everyone there is an idiot so if you wade through the nonsense, you sometimes can get some interesting perspectives.
I find the main boards more impartial about the leafs than the leafs board is. It's not leaf hate for the sake of leaf hate any more than the leaf board is leaf love for the sake of leaf love.

The vast majority of the main boards thinks Tavares signing was huge for the leafs (other than Isle fans) and most thought the Muzzin trade was a good move for the leafs.

The things they're almost entirely critical of are things the leaf boards are pretty split on anyways, such as the dramatic overpayments of Nylander and Matthews.

The majority of those posters don't care about the leafs in the slightest, and they're just giving impartial opinions. But then when 100% of impartial opinions consider the Matthews and Nylander contracts OUTRAGEOUS overpayments, it's easier for fans here to write it off as "leaf hate" than to accept reality.

Reactions: Al14
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad