Toronto Sports Media Discussion Thread - v7 (2022 Edition)

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Marner should have been traded after he said no to multiple deals

One day I hope someone writes a book - an honest book - about why this team decided to take the approach they did. From the vow to rebuild via the draft/development to throwing that plan out a mere two years later by signing Tavares.

And whose decision it was to declare "we can and we will"? Was this orders from above that the stars are going nowhere or was it a new GM and/or President being excessively arrogant that they can win with a formula that has never worked.

Reactions: Nineteen67

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
One day I hope someone writes a book - an honest book - about why this team decided to take the approach they did. From the vow to rebuild via the draft/development to throwing that plan out a mere two years later by signing Tavares.

And whose decision it was to declare "we can and we will"? Was this orders from above that the stars are going nowhere or was it a new GM and/or President being excessively arrogant that they can win with a formula that has never worked.
The saddest part is they drafted the three stars and may never have a window to win with any of them.

Malachi Crunch

Sep 24, 2022
The media is already beating the drum on rolling back the core four.
I'm getting this vibe too. What is their end game? I don't get this. I know a lot of these media figures view themselves as the "voice of reason" but this is not reasonable. It's piss poor reasoning, actually. I think part of them taking this stance is to distinguish themselves from the emotional plebes - you know, the old I'll-take-the-opposite-stance-to-the-commoner-to-look-smart stance. Or maybe they're just really adverse to change or have some hidden agenda. Whatever it is, I don't like it.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens
I agree with Malachi Crunch (what an old school bringin back great memories name haha).
The majority of these 'insiders' know as much as you or I do, and they write their own stance against the common view, just to get social media traffic and clout. Dreger has been saying absolutely nothing for 20 years yet he has a massive following. He would be a perfect politician.

Malachi Crunch

Sep 24, 2022
I agree with Malachi Crunch (what an old school bringin back great memories name haha).
The majority of these 'insiders' know as much as you or I do, and they write their own stance against the common view, just to get social media traffic and clout. Dreger has been saying absolutely nothing for 20 years yet he has a massive following. He would be a perfect politician.
Haha! Happy you get my name. Was there a better TV character than Count Malachi? Tarpless with leather vest, hairy chest, feathered black cowboy hat and cape. And this was not considered insane in that world.

Agreed about Dreger. I know I'm in for a boring listen when his segment comes on.

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens
Haha! Happy you get my name. Was there a better TV character than Count Malachi? Tarpless with leather vest, hairy chest, feathered black cowboy hat and cape. And this was not considered insane in that world.

Agreed about Dreger. I know I'm in for a boring listen when his segment comes on.
Lol one of the Malachi brothers was Michael Pataki, great character actor (wkrp, all in the family, rocky IV….). :)

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Here's the thing with Dreger. I also find his segments boring as hell, but he still does break stuff. Almost as much as Friedman does. Whoever gets it first, the other one reports it within minutes anyways.

But ALL of them have been burned multiple times by talking too much so they just don't say much anymore other then clear speculation. It's just idle chatter to fill radio time and podcasts (which I absolutely listen too, BTW).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad