Toronto Sports Media Discussion Thread - v7 (2022 Edition)

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I'm 99% sure that the hyper-annoying "Roz and Mocha" ad has been running on sportsnet since before Christmas.

What I can't figure out is....why? Who listens to these guys? :laugh:

Reactions: OddyOh

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
I think it's banned for active athletes. But that mcdavid one has been around a long time

I just saw the ad again, so i looked it up on youtube... he doesnt really promote betting, but rather "responsible gambling tools", lol... they must be gaming the system this way.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
The biggest problem with Toronto sports media is they own the team.

Neutral coverage is impossible. They all lick the team's ass. Fans should be VERY concerned with the sports media monopoly masquerading as a hockey team operating out of Toronto.

Rogers & Bell buying the team has been nothing but bad.

Their entire reputation is one of shitty customer service. Gouging Canadians taking them to the cleaners for every last cent they have. These guys are in business to make money.

They're not in it to win or to make people happy.

They don't care about this team beyond what it adds to growing their own shareholders equity. And they don't care about you either. To them it's more important to push gambling on viewers than worry about some piddly little thing like their hockey team winning.

If you don't like it for a couple hundred bucks they'll be more than happy to help you become fans of another team.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012

Neutral coverage is impossible. They all lick the team's ass. Fans should be VERY concerned with the sports media monopoly masquerading as a hockey team operating out of Toronto.

Their entire reputation is one of shitty customer service. Gouging Canadians taking them to the cleaners for every last cent they have. These guys are in business to make money.

They don't care about this team beyond what it adds to growing their own shareholders equity. And they don't care about you either. To them it's more important to push gambling on viewers than worry about some piddly little thing like their hockey team winning.

If you don't like it for a couple hundred bucks they'll be more than happy to help you become fans of another team.

Um, do you not realize that they make more money when the team wins, particularly in the playoffs?

Just think of how much money they would make in Cup champion merchandise.

Reactions: hoglund

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022

I remember a few years ago both of these companies were whining because of the possibility of the cell phone/service provider market opening up to American companies. Canada as a whole is not a serious country. Two telecommunications companies own pretty much everything. Even if you somehow manage to avoid Bell and Rogers they will still profit from you in some way. Not surprising though, Canadians as a whole are servile.

Reactions: Roadhog and pedis

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Holy crap Forfar botched that lip job :laugh:

It never works out. Why dont women realize this?
Why do girls with pretty faces go ahead and ruin it with injections that look horrible and are so noticeable. You see it more and more these days. Embrace your beauty and age. Here's a hint -- you look far worse by loading yourself up with plastic. No, you still don't look 19 again, and there's no reason to permanently look like you came from the dentist.

That aside, she is a great talent. I really like her. She's a real one who simply goes about her business delivering the goods with no schtick or over-the-topness.

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
Why do girls with pretty faces go ahead and ruin it with injections that look horrible and are so noticeable. You see it more and more these days. Embrace your beauty and age. Here's a hint -- you look far worse by loading yourself up with plastic. No, you still don't look 19 again, and there's no reason to permanently look like you came from the dentist.

That aside, she is a great talent. I really like her. She's a real one who simply goes about her business delivering the goods with no schtick or over-the-topness.

Even men are guilty of this crap. People do not want to age gracefully or naturally anymore because they are terminally online looking for validation.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00