Post-Game Talk: Toronto Maple Leafs @ New York Rangers 3/5/2014

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
I know Nash has always been overrated a a "power forward" but he looks completely afraid to have the puck on his stick at times, and completely unwilling to cut to the interior of the ice.

Maybe it's age but I think the 2 concussions in calender 2013 did a number on him.

I don't know. Sometimes it seems like he just doesn't give a poop. Is it a pure coincidence that he came alive just before the olympic roster was named and played like a man on a mission when he was playing for the roster spot and later for a spot in the lineup?

I'm not saying it for sure, but maybe his motivation just isn't there.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I don't remember who posted it, but anyone who believes McDonagh's defensive game has slipped is utterly clueless.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I don't know. Sometimes it seems like he just doesn't give a poop. Is it a pure coincidence that he came alive just before the olympic roster was named and played like a man on a mission when he was playing for the roster spot and later for a spot in the lineup?

I'm not saying it for sure, but maybe his motivation just isn't there.

Nash for Dubi, bro :yo:

Bardof425*

Yup, just went back and watched it again. Boyle makes a nice defensive play to keep the puck in the offensive zone by blocking the outlet pass. He then gets stick checked but is still able to force the puck in to the corner. Moore skates hard to the corner and throws it to the net, where Boyle smartly plants himself to try and create a scoring opportunity, the puck bounces off the goalie and out to McD.

Bardof, basically you see what you want to see.

I just watch it again as well; only saw it live before. And we're both a little off. Franson throws the puck into his skates he takes possession then gets knocked down and the puck goes into the corner. He didn't force the puck anywhere. He gets up and heads to the net; he wasn't planted...

So, he was forechecking and Franson through two actions; putting the puck in Boyle's skates and knocking him to the ice propels the puck into the corner where Moore picks it up and then we agree on what happens. To say he created that goal is still ridiculous. I think we can agree that he was on the ice and forechecking. But he didn't make a play. Actually no one did anything right; the goal was pure luck from Franson's sloppiness to a couple of good bounces. Done with this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad