Pre-Game Talk: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Florida Panthers

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Where is Gio?
He needs to rest atm. He hasn't looked the same the last month, but I mainly went with Schenn and Gustafsson 3rd pair because I believe it's the only pair that hasn't really been paired together that should work well together in that 3rd pairing sheltered role. Gio will most likely 100% be in the starting lineup for playoffs but it'd be nice to see that as a 3rd pair for a game or 2 so we aren't constantly screwing around with the top 4.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Not sure you take Gio out. Dudes a warrior.
Lily needs to up his game for that opportunity….gotta also be better than normal to cover for Reilly.
I like the idea of Gus on PP but not really anywhere else. He is insurance for a Reilly injury for me. Not defensively good enough and we already have that in Reilly. I’d actually sit Reilly for him for a game….or would’ve a week ago. Preaching consistency now for chemistry.

Reilly has warts. Works with Brodie. Leaves the best pairs out of McCabe/Gio/Lily/Schenn/Holl/Gus.
Personally I think it’s
McCabe Lil (but they need time together to build)
Gio Schenn
Gus has looked good the last 3 games imo and it's probably because he is much more comfortable playing his game now that made him successful elsewhere. Gio will definitely be in the playoff lineup but I do think he needs some rest atm because he looks like he's gassed out there recently. Liljegren has looked bad lately but I'm just hoping that's because maybe it's the constant d pairing juggling and not really getting any chemistry with anyone yet. Him and Rielly have looked pretty good together as long as they are deployed properly and that's on Keefe to do so because Brodie and McCabe have looked amazing together as a shutdown pair. I wouldn't mind McCabe with Lili either though because Brodie has been good for Rielly.

Reactions: TML Dynasty

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Damn I am in Deerfield Beach, 30 minutes from Sunrise , should I buy a cheap ticket and go????
1679603674667.gif

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Everything says we will get demolished tonight but the Leafs do the opposite. At what point does the opposite become the predictable and they just do get demolished?

Reactions: authentic

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
There is still time to fire Keefe and ride a new coach surge into the post-season...

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Why don't we do 12-6 and start to build some chemistry... Has Keefe evolved and is able to see in 4 dimensions?

They don't want Simmonds or any of the Marlies in the lineup... and TBH, I'd rather have 7 defense in the lineup.

McMann is hurt. Knies isn't here yet. Steeves and Holmberg should be playing AHL full time. Simmonds should never play.

We dont have anyone else at this point.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
This is a tough one to predict.
One team is desperate and the other usually plays great after a sub par performance.
This has 4-3 written all over it, who gets the 4 though?
With Murray in net undoubtedly the other team gets the 4 :)

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
They don't want Simmonds or any of the Marlies in the lineup... and TBH, I'd rather have 7 defense in the lineup.

McMann is hurt. Knies isn't here yet. Steeves and Holmberg should be playing AHL full time. Simmonds should never play.

We dont have anyone else at this point.
Simmy my man was so close at playing tonighto............ and fighting against stupid fool fla player.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Why don't we do 12-6 and start to build some chemistry... Has Keefe evolved and is able to see in 4 dimensions?
They really do need to start running out some consistent parings on D.
What’s wrong with Rielly?

Reactions: egd27

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
There is still time to fire Keefe and ride a new coach surge into the post-season...
By the time the MLSE BoD mull over this firing, and give their consent, the regular season will be over. Maybe even the 1st round too! :naughty:
:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad