Pre-Game Talk: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Edmonton Oilers | TUE OCT 29 9PM (EST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Guys, they were sent down, but made the trip. It's for cap purposes. They will be "called up" tomorrow.

jimmycarter

Jun 12, 2010
really like those lines for tommorow. putting raymond up with bolland and clarkson and lupul with mclement really balances everything nicely.

mclement has been geting some good chances but has no finish, maybe with Lupul around he puts up a few more points.

raymond-mclement-ashton doesn't look as good on paper and probably wouldn't on the ice either.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
This trial run of Kadri on the 1st line is nice but it doesn't mean much to me. Regardless of how he plays I still think it makes sense to have Kadri back with Lupul. Having Kessel, JVR and Kadri on one line is way too top heavy for me

Once healthy Id like to see

Kessel - Bozak - JVR
Lupul - Kadri - Kulemin
Raymond - Bolland - Clarkson
Orr - McClement - McClaren/Ashton

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Carlyle probably putting Lupul on the third line because hes getting him back for his injury, what a HARD ass eh sopranos?

false bobo

Dec 6, 2011
Just calm down and start following some reporters (or even MapleLeafs account) on twitter rather than asking the similar questions over and over again.

Btw, Leafs haven't practiced today. They reached Edmonton an hour back. They will practise some time later today.

That time of the month?

DemLeafs

Oct 28, 2013
For those that rely on "free" online streams to watch the games (ourleafs etc.). There is a much better solution. It is possible to follow very simple instructions, taking about 2 mins of your time, and have NHL Gamecenter Live (all games, both feeds, multiple qualities) running through VLC Media Player. I've been using it and it works perfectly. All the games are perfect HD and the games update automatically every day.

All that is required is downloading the latest version of VLC. Copy/pasting a piece of text (script) into notepad/textedit, naming the file a certain thing and saving that file in a certain place and starting up VLC. You will now have what is essentially a working subscription to GameCentre Live.

I won't paste the script or the instructions here or link to them because if I did this post would probably get removed. I'll leave it to you to get on Google with some key words from my post and find it.

Cheers

Last edited:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I live in airdrie. And i need to walk in calgary downtown almost every week day at night. And if we lost and i am wearing my leaf jersey, some folks will give it to me.

you know what's really weird? I've lived here now for about 4 years - and NO ONE really wears any Calgary gear. I've seen more Habs jerseys here than i've seen Flame Jerseys.

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
Jump the Oilers!

On a side note, Phil chirping Naz :laugh:

Lol did Phil like get a new personality with that contract? I think that is the first time I have heard him kidding around like that? It is pretty awesome though. :laugh:

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT

I don't know I saw that during the All Star but it feels like Phil is much more relaxed in the newest one. I suppose 8 years of 64 million will do that.

Anyways on a side note has JML been recalled or something?

EDIT: NVM saw the post about it on Marlies twitter feed.

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
This trial run of Kadri on the 1st line is nice but it doesn't mean much to me. Regardless of how he plays I still think it makes sense to have Kadri back with Lupul. Having Kessel, JVR and Kadri on one line is way too top heavy for me

Once healthy Id like to see

Kessel - Bozak - JVR
Lupul - Kadri - Kulemin
Raymond - Bolland - Clarkson
Orr - McClement - McClaren/Ashton
I honestly think a Lupul-Bolland-Clarkson line could be a pretty good scoring line. Bolland is pretty decent offensively himself and Bozak is better off in the shutdown role on the third line. JVR is pretty good defensively (he even plays PK), so I think a JVR-Kadri-Kessel line would be pretty good going forward.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
I don't mind Bozak as much as others but it would be awesome if Carlyle had the balls to ice this line up and see how it goes..

JVR-Bolland-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Clarkson
Raymond-Bozak-Kulemin
McLaren/Ashton-McClement-Orr

I seriously have faith that if healthy(which God forbid can never happen this season) that team can make noise in the playoffs.

Bolland and Clarkson the new Dougie and Clark? JVR the new Andreychuk? Kessel the winger version and completely different style and no similarity except being the best player on the team version of Sundin? :yo::sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino