Proposal: Toronto-Islanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
Bailey + Leddy + 1st

Bailey had chemistry with Pajama boy and Leddy would be a great playoff warrior for the Leafs and add the 1st.

Reactions: IODCPiper

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
I highly doubt the Isles would handcuff the blueline to trade for Marner. That's literally taking 3 steps back to take 1 step forward. I can see Wilde and Wahlstrom plus picks go before they trade off Pulock/Dobson/Pelech/Mayfield/Toews.
Isles can't afford to give up their best D & D prospects unless an elite power forward winger/centre is coming back. This team just went from 31st league worst GA to 1st GA and sure the goalies have something to do with it, but part of it was the improved D group and their ability to adopt to Trotz system. The other benefit is that all of the young D are on great contract.

Isles problem is PP and scoring so if any big trade involving a high pick or prospect will have to be for a pure goal scorer which Marner although great offensively he is more like Henry Sedin than his brother Daniel. Isles already have too many forwards who can pass better than scoring - Bailey, Barzal, and Ebs and one of their PP problem is too much passing and not enough finishing. They need someone who can pick corners consistently or have a good 5 hole shot and willing to go the net and takes hit to get there - i.e. a power forward with decent skating and an elite shot. If they can't sign one, they will need to draft someone like that or sign one in UFA next two summers.

If I want to go that far to include Dobson plus in a trade package it will be for Calgary's Matthew Tkachuk. He is exactly what Isles need on top 6.

Last edited:

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
With the Islanders missing out on Panarin, it's clear they were going big name hunting.

To Toronto-
Mayfield
Dobson
Wahlstrom

To Islanders-
Marner
Ceci

I know those are some highly touted prospects but I don’t see the Leafs moving Marner where the best NHL piece combing back is mayfield

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
hes an rfa, those rights are absolutely worth that
The funny part is anyone believing Marner would sign there! His line-mate got shit on when he went back there...not exactly a positive display by the fans to attract would be allstars who may want to exercise their right to leave one day. Spare me the outhouse full of reasons why it happened ,it still was an embarrassing desperate display by fans who got to watch him give his all for the time he was there.No Thanks,says Marner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad