Proposal: Toronto-Islanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seras

Dubas supporter
Sep 1, 2015
New Westminster, BC. Canada
Marner is the best player and a star but this is a no from tHe isles.

Mayfield has an absolute steal of a contract and is a huge mean right handed defensive dman who skates pretty good and can play big minutes if need be.

Dobson is the Crown jewel of the isles. He’s the closest thing as a prospect to Alex Pietrangelo/Seth Jones. He’s a big, great skating right handed defenseman with off the charts IQ and an understanding of how to play defense. He’s the best isles defensive prospect since Berard.

People love to live in the what have you done for me lately so from a far they're down on Wahlstrom a bit. His “bad” season at BC was overblown imo and deserves some context. BC wasn’t great offensively and Wahlstrom absolutely hated school and didn’t want anything to do with school. As soon as he signed his ELC he looks excellent in the AHL as an 18 and produced at a decent clip, albeit a small sample size. Wahlstroms shot is flat out ridiculous and I expect a bounce back year from this US development programs prolific scorer.

Marner is an elite player and could make the isles bette offensively. The problem is the isles are deepest at wing. The 2 biggest needs are another star/top6 center and a top pairing defensman.

Dobson, while still just a prospect gives us the best shot at having a top pairing defenseman. Right handed defenseman carry more value than left handed defenseman.

No disrespect to Marner because he may be worth a package like that but it doesn’t make sense from
The isles.

I understand why the isles would want to keep their players, just wanted to add that Marner is also very good defensively as well.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I understand why the isles would want to keep their players, just wanted to add that Marner is also very good defensively as well.

I know he is! I was shocked when I saw him killing penalties last year and he was good at it. That’s a big plus.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
I know he is! I was shocked when I saw him killing penalties last year and he was good at it. That’s a big plus.
Over the life of his next contract, Marner will be one of the top 10 players in the NHL. Maybe top 5.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
I’ll never get over that. If we were going for a Brother Wayne Primeau would have been a better choice lol he at least had a real career.

Not like our Monty Trottier selection. A little side note some might not realize is that another brother Rocky Trottier was picked 8th overall in the first round and also was the Devils first ever draft pick .

LGI

Reactions: SI90

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Agree in general, but Lindros was a rookie on an entry contract, not a player who they have to sign for the second highest salary in the league.

I could be wrong but they didn't have ELC in 1992(that is a fact) and I believe he signed for like 5M which was one of the top salaries at the time

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
On a side note I am not getting into this conversation BUT if the Islanders did trade for Marner, my guess is Bailey would be part of the package both to free up capspace and give the Leafs a forward who can generate some of Marner's offence

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
As much as I love Dobson this is a big no from the leafs POV

Toronto- Mitch Marner, Cody Ceci and 2019 2nd round pick

New York- Noah Dobson, Ryan Pulock And 1st 2020
Any more bad contracts you want to unload in addition to Ceci while you’re at it? Isles aren’t moving Dobson or Pulock even if the return was Marner. Leddy and Hickey are available though.

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
Any more bad contracts you want to unload in addition to Ceci while you’re at it? Isles aren’t moving Dobson or Pulock even if the return was Marner. Leddy and Hickey are available though.
Not for Marner, they aren't. Starts with pulock and then keep going

Phil120362

Dec 29, 2018
As much as I love Dobson this is a big no from the leafs POV

Toronto- Mitch Marner, Cody Ceci and 2019 2nd round pick

New York- Noah Dobson, Ryan Pulock And 1st 2020
Yeah,with all that "D" your resident genius brought in,we're not giving you 2 RD's....I'll keep Pulock and swap in Andrew Ladd....

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Not for Marner, they aren't. Starts with pulock and then keep going
I highly doubt the Isles would handcuff the blueline to trade for Marner. That's literally taking 3 steps back to take 1 step forward. I can see Wilde and Wahlstrom plus picks go before they trade off Pulock/Dobson/Pelech/Mayfield/Toews.

Reactions: BossyMVP

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
because after all,Marners so good he can pass to himself in all 3 forward positions,I propose Lamorello for Dubas and a 2020 1st....
I propose Brent Thompson and Garth Snow (since he's on the payroll still) for Sheldon Keefe and future considerations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad