Proposal: Toronto Goaltending Shakeup

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
I’d re-sign Andersen. It seems to me that the Leafs have bern looking for decent goaltending for years and now they finally have it. Why would they shake it up?
He hasn’t been great this year but goalies often go through highs and lows.
And imo goalies generally get too much blame for playoff losses. It’s easy to point at the goalie and ignore defensive breakdowns. Put a better defence in front of him and I think Andersen is capable of going on a playoff run. I’d look at a major shakeup on the back end first.
He is notorious for being inconsistent. No big contract until he proves he can win a aleast a playoff round . Its really that simple

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
L
O
L

No way in hell would anyone pay that for Andersen. Brutal for Carolina.

A 28 year old who has played less than 65 NHL is now all of a sudden a 1A/1B goalie?

At least we are getting some comedy during these tough times.
I agree. Campbell is reclamation project, and looks decent now having bounced around and taking a long time to develop, but has a lot to prove.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
He is notorious for being inconsistent. No big contract until he proves he can win a aleast a playoff round . Its really that simple

This, + cost of acquiring a Geo or similar type aside, cheaper [= better cap mgmt] to not pay Andersen and use that cap hit elsewhere.
Then, $ aside, some long term benefit to going younger

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
This, + cost of acquiring a Geo or similar type aside, cheaper [= better cap mgmt] to not pay Andersen and use that cap hit elsewhere.
They won't down grade and that what Geo is.... Andersen gets one more shot to win when it counts.. if not they starting shopping...

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

Or they end up giving their starter and and risk only have two backup quality guys for a season with playoff expectations.

The Leafs can also just let Amdersen walk and see whats available in free agency when they meed to at a later date

WildWolfdog

Dec 4, 2008
I’d re-sign Andersen. It seems to me that the Leafs have bern looking for decent goaltending for years and now they finally have it. Why would they shake it up?
He hasn’t been great this year but goalies often go through highs and lows.
And imo goalies generally get too much blame for playoff losses. It’s easy to point at the goalie and ignore defensive breakdowns. Put a better defence in front of him and I think Andersen is capable of going on a playoff run. I’d look at a major shakeup on the back end first.

Lol, I don't understand the Leafs fan base (at least on here).

It's been more than a decade since we had any semblance of high quality goaltending (I'd say since Belfour ... and this is coming from someone who loved Reimer when he was here) and we want to chase him away because of recency bias and he had a stretch of a bad couple of months? The same season where he's literally one of the few reasons the Leafs were even IN the playoff picture to begin with?

Holy ...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad