Toronto FC: Toronto FC/Canada Soccer Discussion Thread - WC Qualifiers continue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leafin

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
That would be amazing no doubt.
Didn't they do a similar move with a player from England(name escapes me) years ago after a poor season to get the buzz going?

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Insigne now is miles better than Defoe was when that signing happened.
Insigne would be a larger signing than Giovinco even. Defoe was just garbage.

Giovinco had already played his way off the National Team (he was a stud with TFC obviously). Insigne is a mainstay on the Euro Champs. Massive if this actually happens.

Looks like they are working on a swap with one of the Brazilian teams to send Soteldo over there for a young Defensive Mid too.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Insigne would be a larger signing than Giovinco even. Defoe was just garbage.

Giovinco had already played his way off the National Team (he was a stud with TFC obviously). Insigne is a mainstay on the Euro Champs. Massive if this actually happens.

Looks like they are working on a swap with one of the Brazilian teams to send Soteldo over there for a young Defensive Mid too.
Oh for sure. This would have an argument for the biggest signing in league history.

Yeah, Nestor would be a huge grab. Has a great left foot and can spray the ball anywhere. We have struggled with linking play from midfield to our talented attack and he would definitely help in this phase of the game.

Reactions: LeafChief

thehockeysong

Nov 1, 2009
A double swap replacing Soteldo and Altidore would be a great shakeup for the club. Just in time for packed stadiums again one would hope!

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Oh for sure. This would have an argument for the biggest signing in league history.

Yeah, Nestor would be a huge grab. Has a great left foot and can spray the ball anywhere. We have struggled with linking play from midfield to our talented attack and he would definitely help in this phase of the game.

Where would Bradley play in this case?

Also, Belotti too? My goodness.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Where would Bradley play in this case?

Also, Belotti too? My goodness.
Bradley would still be the DM and provide cover, Nestro would be more of a B2B/ Deep lying Playmaker I'm guessing. They would make for a solid double pivot.

It would be interesting to see how they line up, I would go;

Insigne-Belotti-Shaffelburg
Osorio
Bradley-Nestro
Back 4 of some king that is hopefully better than last year.

Reactions: LeafChief

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Bradley would still be the DM and provide cover, Nestro would be more of a B2B/ Deep lying Playmaker I'm guessing. They would make for a solid double pivot.

It would be interesting to see how they line up, I would go;

Insigne-Belotti-Shaffelburg
Osorio
Bradley-Nestro
Back 4 of some king that is hopefully better than last year.
You'd think O'Neill and Mavinga would be the two CBs right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad