GDT: Toronto @ Carolina - 6pm SN

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
They've kind of thrown Woll to the wolves since coming back. Sitting for long stretches and then 3 second half of back to backs starts. Hope he has a good game.
I agree. I almost feel bad for him, it’s almost like they are setting him up to fail

I'm hoping Keefe finally had the team prepared to show up at minimum for a back-to-back game. There have been so many excuses all year.
Your funny

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
I want to win the division… but I still wanna start on the road lol. Division winner should get to choose where they start.

• Haha
Reactions: PromisedLand

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I think Timmins physical game gets overlooked.

He had a solid hit to end an Edmonton rush at the blue line and he consistently holds plays up who are coming in across the blue line.

He won’t Scott Stevens anyone, but he is very capable of good physical play.

I would like to see more of him, to be honest.
Noted. I will make a point to focus on him a little more to get an appreciation of those moments.

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
My guess is Leafs are going to go 11/7 tonight with Robertson, Reaves and Timmins sitting for the 3 guys who are back in. Last night they basically only ran 3 lines once they built a big lead against the Oilers and benched Knies, Robertson and Reaves.

Bertuzzi-Matthews-Domi
McMann-Tavares-Nylander
Dewar-Kampf-Gregor
Knies-Holmberg

Rielly-Boosh
Benoit-McCabe
Edmundson-Liljegren
Brodie

Reactions: crump and Jmo89

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
It’s fine Brodie comes back in, what I liked is the spell has finally been broken with Keefe and we succeeded without him. If he struggles now, he will sit. Also Edmundson emerging on the PK in particular, Boosh, Benoit to a lesser extent, more comfort with a diminished Brodie moving forward.

I think he’s cooked, he’s been bad for a long time now, but this reset might make him serviceable. You will need more than 6 guys for a playoff run anyways.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
Not showing up in key games is a repeated phenomena.

This loser .org won’t try a coaching change.

Marner overpay incoming

Not really

That definitely seems to be the case.

I think a good portion of us have been wanting a coaching change since Montreal.

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
It’s fine Brodie comes back in, what I liked is the spell has finally been broken with Keefe and we succeeded without him. If he struggles now, he will sit. Also Edmundson emerging on the PK in particular, Boosh, Benoit to a lesser extent, more comfort with a diminished Brodie moving forward.

I think he’s cooked, he’s been bad for a long time now, but this reset might make him serviceable. You will need more than 6 guys for a playoff run anyways.
I like how mean our back-end is, finally. Our forwards aren't feared but they're not soft either. Edmundson and Boosh are two guys I really hope we keep to replace Brodie.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Bertuzzi should take Knies' spot. I hope they leave the top pairings the same. They were clicking. I'd try.

Bertuzzi Matthews Domi
McMann Tavares Nylander
Knies Holmberg Robertson
Dewar Kampf Gregor

Rielly McCabe
Edmundson Liljegren
Brodie Lyubushkin

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I like how mean our back-end is, finally. Our forwards aren't feared but they're not soft either. Edmundson and Boosh are two guys I really hope we keep to replace Brodie.

Honestly Edmundsons biggest issue has been health over the past number of years. If he can stay healthy he’d be an excellent re-sign. Benoit is an RFA so that’s awesome. Keep at least one of Edmundson and Boosh. Still got McCabe for $2M next year which is terrific value. Rielly locked up. In the offseason either trade for or sign an impact RD. Another top 4 as well if possible.

Reactions: saffronleaf

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Just saw this online and had to share it somewhere. Reminds me entirely of the famous Ovechkin "controller disconnected" meme video. If this is what they're talking about when they say Matthews is more defensively responsible then, yeah, that's true. WTF?

Reactions: saffronleaf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad