GDT: Toronto @ Carolina - 6pm SN

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
Florida and Boston must be taking that 1st place finish very seriously to stay away from the Leafs. Our forward group is unstoppable when it clicks. Tavares McMann Domi and Bertuzzi are deadly depth after the 3 amigos. That's a 7 forward onslaught. That's untouchable in the playoffs due to the wear and tear by then.

Reactions: arso40

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Woll was in Carolina yesterday apparently, getting focussed. Big game for him. It will be interesting to see how he performs with the day to get ready. With 3 Goalies this is a great luxury to have if it works.

After a physical game yesterday you could expect a bit of a slide from the team. Having Woll stone them would be awesome.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Was at the game with my son last night. Group of guys beside him were having fun with a few drinks. After both Holmberg and McMann scored in the the first the guy was pumped up so he decided to bet both would score another goal

Bet 25 dollars on a parlay. The dude won 7K. Funny thing is he was going to bet 50 but his buddy told him he was wasting his money. I can only assume the beers the rest of the night were on him.

GLG

Alamo Leafer

Help end animal cruelty
Sep 12, 2018
Gatineau, QC
I'm hoping they aren't too spent after that tough 3rd period last night.
I'll be ok with a point unless Woll can steal the show for us 2nite.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
So, we're getting flattened tonight, right? Right?

Team coming off an emotional game where they performed (that was new), will almost certainly lead to a tough game tonight against a better opponent no less.

I would swap in/out some of the D for freshness if they can go. Except Brodie.

Will need Woll to steal this one imo.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
So, we're getting flattened tonight, right? Right?

Team coming off an emotional game where they performed (that was new), will almost certainly lead to a tough game tonight against a better opponent no less.

I would swap in/out some of the D for freshness if they can go. Except Brodie.

Will need Woll to steal this one imo.
We're massive underdogs, that's for sure.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
With Boston losing in regulation yesterday a win today would have us picking up 4 points on them in one weekend. A win would put us 6 points back of them with 2 games in hand. In the realm of possibility that we catch them. edit: Just saw DKs post my bad.

I really want to see a top notch game from Woll. Canes will be tough.

Matthews could hit 60 , must see TV.

Screenshot_2024-03-24-10-38-12~2.png

Last edited:

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
They've kind of thrown Woll to the wolves since coming back. Sitting for long stretches and then 3 second half of back to backs starts. Hope he has a good game.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Hopefully Brodie continues to sit out. I really liked yesterdays pairings.

Rielly - McCabe
Edmundson - Liljegren
Benoit - Timmins

Lyubushkin is "probable" to play tonight apparently, so we'll see.

I'd be surprised to see big changes to the lineup while they are doing well. I'd expect Brodie to be back soon though. Only way to get Brodie back to his old self is him playing after hitting the reset button. It worked for Samsonov.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC

I'd be surprised to see big changes to the lineup while they are doing well. I'd expect Brodie to be back soon though. Only way to get Brodie back to his old self is him playing after hitting the reset button. It worked for Samsonov.
I don't dislike Lyub for Timmins for now.

I do think Timmins has more upside, but it's not clear if he would ever reach that level.

The thing that makes him intriguing is RH, puck moving ability (mainly skating), size. He lacks physicality for sure right now. If Ilya can move the puck while adding some physicality I think I give my preference to him for these playoffs.

Reactions: Leaf Rocket

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017

Brodie is slow and Vanilla. A defenseman who got exposed in the panthers series.

I seriously hope Brodie does not come back to being a permanent player. I'm fine with him being a injury replacement but he shouldn't be in the top 6

I would like to get a look at Lyubushkin, Edmundson, Benoit and McCabe on D along side our homegrown offensive jugs Rielly and Liljegren. All together for the first time. Overwhelming physicality on all 3 pairings.
Reilly - Lyubushkin
Benoit - McCabe
Edmundson - Lilegren

This is the type of physical D-core teams have won cups with

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
Was at the game with my son last night. Group of guys beside him were having fun with a few drinks. After both Holmberg and McMann scored in the the first the guy was pumped up so he decided to bet both would score another goal

Bet 25 dollars on a parlay. The dude won 7K. Funny thing is he was going to bet 50 but his buddy told him he was wasting his money. I can only assume the beers the rest of the night were on him.

GLG
Betting on a sport with corrupt officiating is a pretty big risk.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
With Boston losing in regulation yesterday a win today would have us picking up 4 points on them in one weekend. A win would put us 6 points back of them with 2 games in hand. In the realm of possibility that we catch them. edit: Just saw DKs post my bad.

I really want to see a top notch game from Woll. Canes will be tough.

Matthews could hit 60 , must see TV.

View attachment 840850
Leafs are going to light Andersens ass up! Cant wait.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad