Proposal: Toronto-Anaheim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
when is this guy not wrong ? lol

So being traded for a conditional pick isn't zero value? Good to know.

I was wrong about the Ducks being interested in Bernier, but I was right in that he had basically no value. If he had any value, he wouldn't have just been traded for a conditional pick.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough

I was wrong about the Ducks being interested in Bernier, but I was right in that he had basically no value. If he had any value, he wouldn't have just been traded for a conditional pick.

Haha.

Foot in mouth in the matter of a week or two.

Quick bump. Nice.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

well yeah you did say they wouldnt be interested which was 100% wrong.

ducks dont have a 2017 6th or 7th so the pick must be a 4th-5th at worst. nothing wrong with that. a far cry from 0 value, with no one interested

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
But he still has a $4.1 million cap hit. What he's actually getting paid is totally irrelevant to that.

I guess it wasnt irrelevant after all.
reports are the ducks didnt wanna pay the bonus, looks like they didnt care about the cap hit.
goes against what you were saying :laugh:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
well yeah you did say they wouldnt be interested which was 100% wrong.

ducks dont have a 2017 6th or 7th so the pick must be a 4th-5th at worst. nothing wrong with that. a far cry from 0 value, with no one interested

So a 5th round pick is a "far cry" from 0 value? Good to know.

Bernier was dumped for basically nothing, the only thing I got wrong was that the Ducks wouldn't be interested in him due to his cap. Acting like I was wrong on anything else is just laughable. But if pounding your chest over getting a 5th round pick for Bernier makes you happy, then go right ahead.

Haha.

Foot in mouth in the matter of a week or two.

Quick bump. Nice.

Again, how was I wrong about him having no value? He was traded for a conditional pick, which is basically no value. I was wrong that the Ducks wouldn't be interested in him, but I was right in that he had basically no value.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010

Bernier was dumped for basically nothing, the only thing I got wrong was that the Ducks wouldn't be interested in him due to his cap. Acting like I was wrong on anything else is just laughable. But if pounding your chest over getting a 5th round pick for Bernier makes you happy, then go right ahead.

Again, how was I wrong about him having no value? He was traded for a conditional pick, which is basically no value. I was wrong that the Ducks wouldn't be interested in him, but I was right in that he had basically no value.

What if the condition is met and the pick turns into a 3rd? I'd say that's pretty good value for a spare part considering what goalies are being traded for these days.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough

You know what a conditional pick is right? Kris Russel was traded for a conditional pick at the deadline this year. Based on the conditions, it was either a 1st or a 2nd.

We don't know what the conditions on this pick are but the Ducks don't have a 6th or a 7th this year so at WORST case scenario it's a 5th round pick.

Now if you want to sit here and tell me that a 5th round pick has ZERO value, well than I guess that's your prerogative.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Player has been traded. This thread is no longer necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad