Confirmed with Link: (TOR/WSH) Daniel Winnik + (ANH) 5th 16' for Connor Carrick + Brooks Laich + 2nd 16'

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I'm guessing Winnik is having some Visa issues? I watched a bit of the Caps/Pens game last night and didn't see him.

Could be although I didn't notice him in many Leaf games this year either.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
This is the kind of guy Brooks Laich is:

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hocke...ard_redeems_team_by_saving_stranded_fans.html

I don't think he should be captain, but he is a fantastic human.

( besides, wasn't he on waivers? So wasn't it the Leafs or the AHL?)

I think being named Captain is a little much. We should continue to run with 3 A's for a while. See how things shake out. I'd even be hesitant to name Stamkos Captain (if we sign him) in the first year. He'd have enough to worry about for season one. Let's see how the team comes together.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
I think being named Captain is a little much. We should continue to run with 3 A's for a while. See how things shake out. I'd even be hesitant to name Stamkos Captain (if we sign him) in the first year. He'd have enough to worry about for season one. Let's see how the team comes together.

It's the coach that makes that call?

If we sign stammer, I bet all I have that they would insta place the C on him.

1) The marketing department will be pushing mega hard for this (yes yes I know god awful reason , but it's a fact of the business).

2) Babs has stated he wants his leaders to be his hardest working (we know stammers rep)

3) being a captain/leader is nothing new to stammer

4) but wait , don't they need time to get to know his character???<<< They ain't laying out a 7x10/11 contract offer and not know stammers character.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
It's the coach that makes that call?

If we sign stammer, I bet all I have that they would insta place the C on him.

1) The marketing department will be pushing mega hard for this (yes yes I know god awful reason , but it's a fact of the business).

2) Babs has stated he wants his leaders to be his hardest working (we know stammers rep)

3) being a captain/leader is nothing new to stammer

4) but wait , don't they need time to get to know his character???<<< They ain't laying out a 7x10/11 contract offer and not know stammers character.

It's not about knowing his character, it's about creating a safe environment to play in.
No doubt the C would be given upon arrival, however, I would not be bothered if they waited a year and ran with him as an A.
People (media) will already expect a saviour.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
It's not about knowing his character, it's about creating a safe environment to play in.
No doubt the C would be given upon arrival, however, I would not be bothered if they waited a year and ran with him as an A.

I'm not sure the "safe environment" has much to do with the C

It's been about how they have manhandled the media in and outside the dressing room.

The wardens are back in charge of the asylum

The media no longer sets the tone and agenda for their own selfish purposes.

They have been exposed as irrelevant and have lost all policy traction.

Folks still listen to Bobbymac and Elliot and that's about it.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Leaders will lead in the dressingroom regardless of if a letter is in their jersey.

It seems for a lot of teams guys who get the A are the ones who have good relations with refs. And the C is as much a marketing thing for fans as it is about leadership.

Jeypic

Sep 12, 2015
safe environment would be if he signed for 8 mil. How good does stamkos have to be for leafs fans to feel like he's worth 10/11 mill in a couple years?
Overpaid free agents don't do well in Toronto..

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I'm parked out side a Mc donalds using their wifi

and waiting for free fries like a seagull:laugh:

Free coffee in the morning when Tim Hortons is running roll up the rim contest. At least they used to, not to mention the free news paper on The weekend.

True story, While working I would get a vegetable soup at Tim Hortons because I really liked it. Then I would drive over to Starbucks and use their free wifi. A customer of mine saw me and noticed the soup from Tim Hortons on the dash. He said boy that takes nerve.. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad