Confirmed Trade: [TOR/VAN] Josh Leivo for Michael Carcone

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
If only all fans could look at things from your perspective instead of tossing every player who is not lighting up the NHL every night on the scrap heap. Realistically, though, unless Carcone shows something in the second half of the season that he hasn’t shown before, he will be non-tendered when his ELC runs out at the end of the year. The writing was pretty much on the wall with his chances of ever making the Canucks lineup when he was the first player cut from training camp this year.

I think he is right.

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
Nucks won this trade. I'm good with it though! Leivo didn't fit in our top 6 and wasn't going to get the necessary time to develop. We have a lot of young forwards with skill in the pipeline on the Marlies.

If Carcone can be an AHL top 6 who can play the odd call-up it's good by me.

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
I'm happy to see Leivo succeeding in Vancouver. The guy is an NHL player, just what the Leafs already have made him the odd man out. Hope he can keep it up.

Reactions: Seras

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
I don't understand why this is such a hot topic.
Leafs fan complain about losing leivo the same way we complained about losing soshnikov, leipsic, rychel, carrick, frattin and other fringe nhl players.
This is the same thing. We all know that leivo is not an effective top 6 player. We also know that he is not good in a bottom six role. This is why he is not a good nhl player.
Yes, I'm sure the leafs could have extracted a 5th round pick out of someone. Instead, they chose to handle this situation with the players best interests in mind. They put him in the absolute best posssible situation for josh leivo. That reflects very well on the organization. It is worth much more then a 5th round pick (if they even could have gotten that).
Just like all the fringe nhl players the leafs have let go over the last two years, leivo will also have to scratch and claw to stay in the league. He probably won't for very long. Vancouver has a very weak lineup so at least he is getting a very good opportunity

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
The key word here is "prospect"...

What other word would you use to describe Carcone?

The Leafs couldn’t fit Leivo into the lineup, Carcone is a Leivo clone but 3 years behind in age.

That makes it so the Leafs get a push on “fitting” Leivo into the lineup.

I’m assuming you’re trying to make a point about how Leivo is NHL and Carcone is AHL...

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
:laugh: Tavares wanted to go there if it was the last thing he did

Then why did no one think that on this board? Funny how the narrative changes from "Dream On" Leaf fans to Dubas did nothing he was always going there.

Let's crap on Dubas for the Leivo trade but give zero credit to him signing the biggest UFA in 12 years for millions less than the Isanders and San Jose were offering.

Go back to the thread on his signing. NO ONE predicted Toronto.

Reactions: Tracer Bullet

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Because Leaf fans overrated and overvalued him. Although I will say they are more happy he's getting a fairer shot somewhere else now.
What?

Given he's playing better, doesn't that show Leaf fans were right? I am confused..

People need to drop the lazy "Leaf Fans Overrate Their Players". Have you missed how Rielly, Matthews, Marner are playing this season? Do you know what non-Leaf fans thought of those 3?

Last edited:

Cygnusx1018

Jul 17, 2017
Then why did no one think that on this board? Funny how the narrative changes from "Dream On" Leaf fans to Dubas did nothing he was always going there.

Let's crap on Dubas for the Leivo trade but give zero credit to him signing the biggest UFA in 12 years for millions less than the Isanders and San Jose were offering.

Because Tavares lied and constantly said that he did not want to play in toronto, before suddenly changing tune and talking about how this had always been his dream

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
What?

Given he's playing better, doesn't that show Leaf fans were right? I am confused..

People need to drop the lazy "Leaf Fans Overrate Their Players". Have you missed how Rielly, Matthews, Marner are playing this season? Do you know what non-Leaf fans thought of those 3?

I'm talking about the return in a trade involving him. Good for him and VAN seeing early returns in the way of goals in the trade.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Thanks. The only reason I clicked into this thread is to see why there are 33 pages of comments.
It's most fans wanting to laugh at Leafs fans because "we lost a trade!!"....followed by Leafs fans wishing Leivo luck because we all knew that given the chance he'd perform well, the return was low because the Leafs were more interested in opening up a roster spot, but that's to boring...so back to "Leafs iz so dumbz...derp...derp...".

pulfordfan

Sep 28, 2017
Rjukan Norway
Funny some Canuck fan raving about how they got one over on Kyle. Meanwhile he knew he wasn't getting full value before he picked up the phone. Nice he full filled his promise and got a nice home for Leivo... Their management have been know to make some bad moves especially with starting goalies, does Luongo, Schneider and Lack ring a bell?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Peen

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver

Do you know what hindsight is? The months after he signed with Toronto it become more and more apparent that Toronto was always his destination.

Reactions: Red

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Do you know what hindsight is? The months after he signed with Toronto it become more and more apparent that Toronto was always his destination.

It should have been apparent to everyone here. I seriously questioned many who stated San Jose is better than Toronto and never got a straight answer why.(San Jose had worse stats LAST season).

Toronto was his destination because it was his best shot at a cup.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Funny some Canuck fan raving about how they got one over on Kyle. Meanwhile he knew he wasn't getting full value before he picked up the phone. Nice he full filled his promise and got a nice home for Leivo... Their management have been know to make some bad moves especially with starting goalies, does Luongo, Schneider and Lack ring a bell?

People need to leave Dubas alone. Babcock would not play him. At some point you need to let a player go and give him a chance.

It's ironic, because on the mainboards there was once a thread destoying the Leafs because they were ruining Frank Corrado by not playing him:laugh: Many were Canuck fans as the Leafs picked him up on waivers from them.

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: FishManSam

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad