Confirmed with Link: [TOR/OTT] Matt Murray (25% retained), 2023 3rd round pick, 2024 7th round pick for future considerations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Matt Murray is the absolute GOAT Sens goalie.

We were inches away from trading the 7th + Murray (25% retained) for the 16th and he stopped it, and now all it cost to dump him was a 3rd and 7th?

God bless Dubas and his Greyhound obsession.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Matt Murray is the absolute GOAT Sens goalie.

We were inches away from trading the 7th + Murray (25% retained) for the 16th and he stopped it, and now all it cost to dump him was a 3rd and 7th?

God bless Dubas and his Greyhound obsession.
We still probably would have gotten Debrincat but it would have costed us Greig or another good prospect, so Murray is still appreciated.

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Murray can be a good goalie, but I would avoid for injury reasons. At least they went through his medical history, but still.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
f***ing extend Dorion right now

He wasted a 3rd and 7th to get rid of a mistake he made, and you want him extended?

Not to mention the dude was saved from a massive mistake by Murray. Could have lost way more value swapping picks with Buffalo to dump Murray when the Leafs were a much better option due to Dubas' obsessive need to add Soo Greyhounds at any cost.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Looks like I got kicked out of the Murray trade thread because I replied to a guy who said that it better be 50 percent retention and Pinto included in the trade.

Said that's some funny shit. Some mods are weird here.

They do it for free

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Murray can be a good goalie, but I would avoid for injury reasons. At least they went through his medical history, but still.

Even at his best it's a huge risk for a team that is desperate to take a step forward.

Irrespective of his actual performance level, there's the persistent injury risk and the fact that's he appears to be addicted to drama.

Reactions: HavlatMach9

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
I'm sure Dubas would have sent a 3rd our way had we been willing to retain more, but nope, Pierre won the battle for cap space.

Cost us a 3rd round draft pick to shed $7.55M off the books between Murray and White. That right there is how you justify spending on Debrincat to your boss. We are now more or less square on the cash in / cash out and ready to splurge on a UFA. Very clean.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I feel like this is going to be of a lot of use next season.

FrightenedFlatImperialeagle-size_restricted.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad