Confirmed with Link: [TOR/OTT] #59 (C Roni Hirvonen) & #64 (D Topi Niemela) from OTT for #44 (D Tyler Kleven)

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
I guess we have to see who this mystery player is but as of now it does nothing to help the current roster

If you're all in for a static consideration, fine and dandy. If you'd like to see things move in time with how the league unfolds, allow for some flexible views.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
It has felt like guys are going where they're projected so far. There haven't been many can't miss fallers coming in at the Leafs draft position. An extra pick to fill in the one missing round the team didn't have a pick in is cool. I think that's good value.
So, no 2nd and 3rd for Johnsson then I guess?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
If you're all in for a static consideration, fine and dandy. If you'd like to see things move in time with how the league unfolds, allow for some flexible views.

I'm at wherever the team is in it's development and currently it's at a point where it needs players more than prospects.

It isn't 2015 anymore

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
If 1 player busts you have nothing, 2 players gives you better odds to produce an NHLer. Especially if you look at the curve graph of what round NHLers come from. a mid second and a late second probably have a very similar odds of making it.

It’s not really just a game of odds though. There’s an evaluation process where you have to determine if there’s a Travis Konecny there and if that’s worth taking over three lower end assets like Dermott, Bracco and Dzierkals.

Can work either way, trading up, or trading back. Would hope this is where good scouts can make the difference.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
For me, a player drafted of this size must be high end to really be considered a success. If your hunch is you’re getting a Finnish Brayden Point, or a Cirelli or Gourde or something like that, go for it. But there’s a cut off to what you project. Otherwise it will just be very difficult to promote him to an NHL role.

Reactions: Hotel Mario

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
It was a trade proposal. The Leafs may not have even been interested in that return nor was the player potentially even discussed. The value was fair.
10-4, but disagree. We were never going to get that return, and didn't.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
This looks like a high value trade, making me wish we had a few more pics from rounds 3 to 5

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
I'm at wherever the team is in it's development and currently it's at a point where it needs players more than prospects.

It isn't 2015 anymore

Essentially looking at it as it rests this singular moment, 'statically'. The opening day roster? Let's wait until we see how things unfold before we condemn the team, coach, GM...whatever.

Enjoy the rest of the draft. I've got to hit the hay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad