Confirmed with Link: [TOR/OTT] #59 (C Roni Hirvonen) & #64 (D Topi Niemela) from OTT for #44 (D Tyler Kleven)

Mar 12, 2009
I don't mind this, I actually suggested this a couple days ago. Hoping a guy like Sebrango is still around at one of those picks.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
For me all the exciting and interesting guys in the 2nd went before 44. So I like the idea of getting more darts to throw.

Pretty sure it was an easy win from a draft capital value perspective, really not much difference from 44 to 59 compared to that bonus pick.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
At this point, the draft is a crap shoot - why not acquire an extra pick to take a few more shots. Let's see what they get out of this.

Was hoping Mysak, hopefully they get two great players later on though!

Dropping like a rock - he was a late 1st rounder on afew lists I was reading prior to the draft.

17 Clark

Mar 22, 2015
The guys Dubas wanted were gone so why not trade down?
Keep trying to justify it big nasty defenceman don’t need them all you minions do is spin everything to say Kyles the best thing give your head a shake or maybe pull it out of the sand What happened to the Murray trade it was a good thing he didn’t do it lmao

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Keep trying to justify it big nasty defenceman don’t need them all you minions do is spin everything to say Kyles the best thing give your head a shake or maybe pull it out of the sand What happened to the Murray trade it was a good thing he didn’t do it lmao
I honestly hope they take an undersized skilled player with their next pick just to see you guys react to it lol

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
It has felt like guys are going where they're projected so far. There haven't been many can't miss fallers coming in at the Leafs draft position. An extra pick to fill in the one missing round the team didn't have a pick in is cool. I think that's good value.

Reactions: heatersthebest

IceColdBear

Apr 5, 2016

We could still draft a big nasty d man with one (or both) of the two picks we got...

Makes no sense to be angry until we at least see who we get...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad