Confirmed with Link: [TOR/NYI] Pierre Engvall traded to NYI in exchange for a 2024 3rd Round Pick

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
So Keefe coaches Engvall for, what, 5 years (including the Marlies) and either can't get the guy to throw a hit or doesn't even try?

Pierre's traded to another team and almost overnight he's throwing hits like an NFL linebacker.

What an embarrassing indictment of Keefe as a coach.

He has 2 hits in 7 games as an islander. Seems about par for the course

Enga Olly

May 26, 2021
I don't think we'll regret either trade. Sandin I think will be a good/very good offensive D, but I also think Washington's next 5 years will not be pretty so he'll be good on a bad team. Engvall I don't believe has any tricks up his sleeve. I agree with most things said here - Isle fans seem to like him atm - that will change over time

Pebble live

Oct 17, 2021
He had 2 hits in about 10 seconds tonight, both of which he really laid into.
I don't recall him him throwing 2 "bad intentions" hits in his entire time in Toronto.
That's the Toronto effect.

Guys love playing against Toronto especially if they've been traded.

7-2 game and he had 0's across the stat line. He's a joke. An absolute yoke.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
He had 2 hits in about 10 seconds tonight, both of which he really laid into.
I don't recall him him throwing 2 "bad intentions" hits in his entire time in Toronto.

Anders Lee is the Isles captain
Not the toughest guy in the league but he has fought Nurse, Wilson many times sticking up for his team mates

It's nice to know you have your key players backing you up. Not just goons
It will do wonders for your confidence

Reactions: ICBM and TMLAM34

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Anders Lee is the Isles captain
Not the toughest guy in the league but he has fought Nurse, Wilson many times sticking up for his team mates

It's nice to know you have your key players backing you up. Not just goons
It will do wonders for your confidence
I don’t expect Matthews, Marner or Nylander to drop their gloves with anyone in the league. But Tavares is a perfect example IMO, he’s always in a scrum, face washing players, etc if need be. Rielly is another player who gets a lot of heat around here but at least he’s dropped his gloves to stand up for teammates even though he’s not a fighter. Instead of Matthews, Marner and Nylander taking notes we have Matthews laughing in some corner, Marner skating as fast as he can to his parents and Nylander just disappearing.

Reactions: geo25

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
So Keefe coaches Engvall for, what, 5 years (including the Marlies) and either can't get the guy to throw a hit or doesn't even try?

Pierre's traded to another team and almost overnight he's throwing hits like an NFL linebacker.

What an embarrassing indictment of Keefe as a coach.
He just decided to throw a couple against his former teammates. Isles fans have criticized his softness since they've acquired him. The 2 hits he had against the Leafs doubled his total he's had since joining them.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
I don’t expect Matthews, Marner or Nylander to drop their gloves with anyone in the league. But Tavares is a perfect example IMO, he’s always in a scrum, face washing players, etc if need be. Rielly is another player who gets a lot of heat around here but at least he’s dropped his gloves to stand up for teammates even though he’s not a fighter. Instead of Matthews, Marner and Nylander taking notes we have Matthews laughing in some corner, Marner skating as fast as he can to his parents and Nylander just disappearing.
They're too busy carrying the dumpster Dubas built to have time to drop the gloves.

Picking on these 3 is an absolute joke. Only good thing about the Leafs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad